A protester injured in a shooting in front of Army Club

webfact

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

A troll post or two has been removed as well.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never heard of a Cambodian taxi driver before.

That was an original Redshirt from the "Rambo Isaan Team", sure they have responsibility for some violence, but they not professionals. Rambo Isaan have full support from the Police.

The captured gunman was reported to be a motorcycle taxi driver

No doubt.....he is a Yellow supporter in disguise:whistling:

No - he's just a guy trying to make a living who hasn't had any customers for a week. Obviously not one of Suthep's elite 'people' then - so he doesn't matter, along with thousands like him.

Glad that this idiot was caught. Also glad that instead of being beaten to death by the crowd, he was handed over to the military. Also glad that no one on Thai Visa is putting together any paranoid theories concerning this incident and who was involved... whistling.gif

Glad that this idiot was caught. Also glad that instead of being beaten to death by the crowd, he was handed over to the military. Also glad that no one on Thai Visa is putting together any fantasy theories concerning this incident and who was involved... whistling.gif

No - he's just a guy trying to make a living who hasn't had any customers for a week. Obviously not one of Suthep's elite 'people' then - so he doesn't matter, along with thousands like him.

Obviously it is very sad someone has been shot, and no justification (oh I made slightly less money) is sufficient to justify opening fire with a weapon at a crowd of people if this is indeed what happened (and appears to have been the case). I really hope you are being sarcastic, although I don't really consider shooting someone to be a particularly funny matter - sometimes humour doesn't translate well online.

Anyhow, many of the motorcycle taxis are making hand over fist in the Lard Prao area, ask them. There are large numbers of people catching motorcycles who can get through where a car cannot. Unlike the red shirt protesters, a lot of these protesters (until recently) were spending money and using their services.

Having had a run in with red shirts when they used to have their 'offices' in Lard Prao 16/18 area, there are some pretty staunch people in this area, and many have switched sides but there are still diehards who are willing to do whatever they think is appropriate to force their view point on others.

Let's hope the moderates on both sides prevail, but that seems increasingly less likely, when both sides almost seem to want to fan the flames of indignation.

• Like 2

More protestors getting shot at by the barbaric Shinawatras.

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

Erm...can you read the article again? The 'barbaric Shinawatras'? They weren't there.

Does this give me licence to call the beating up & mugging of a former protester yesterday as evidence of the 'barbaric Suthep'? No, it doesn't. Because I'm not an idiot and I don't make ridiculous and transparently knee-jerk statements.

Have you ever posted anything logical here? If so, I don't remember it. You once posted 'wrong is wrong'. Can you demonstrate this by expressing outrage at any violence or illegal act perpetrated by the PCAD guards or other 'peaceful' protesters? Until you do, reasonable posters will just presume you're what you appear to be: a blinkered bigot frothing at the mouth and spouting off with little if any self-awareness or sense of fairness.

No, they're too cowardly to take to the streets like their opposition in a peaceful demonstration. That is why they rent mobs & pay people to do violent acts. Thaksin has hired assassins time & again, well documented.

Do you agree that protesters should be allowed to prevent people from working and voting?

If they're doing it peacefully, no pompem.

It is interesting that the protesters are now handing evidence to the army, as they clearly trust the army with it and not the police. There will be those who will undoubtedly focus on the retaliatory beating, which should not have happened. But an unarmed man was shot. And the perpetrator was captured. And the evidence was handed to the army, who will clearly conduct an investigation.

I would definitely trust the Army before the police!

• Like 2

You obviously haven't been down to the protest sites. They're making a mint there!

Not only are they charging OTT, customers queue up in the late evening with not enough motocys to go around!

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

Erm...can you read the article again? The 'barbaric Shinawatras'? They weren't there.

Does this give me licence to call the beating up & mugging of a former protester yesterday as evidence of the 'barbaric Suthep'? No, it doesn't. Because I'm not an idiot and I don't make ridiculous and transparently knee-jerk statements.

Have you ever posted anything logical here? If so, I don't remember it. You once posted 'wrong is wrong'. Can you demonstrate this by expressing outrage at any violence or illegal act perpetrated by the PCAD guards or other 'peaceful' protesters? Until you do, reasonable posters will just presume you're what you appear to be: a blinkered bigot frothing at the mouth and spouting off with little if any self-awareness or sense of fairness.

No, they're too cowardly to take to the streets like their opposition in a peaceful demonstration. That is why they rent mobs & pay people to do violent acts. Thaksin has hired assassins time & again, well documented.

Do you agree that protesters should be allowed to prevent people from working and voting?

They are allowed their right to demonstrate peacefully, which they have remained even under circumstances of murder, intimidation and name calling etc. I think that is amazing of them- showing the progress made, unlike the neanderthal methods their opposition resorts to. Getting PTP out will benefit the country ten fold, and the job market, less graft and on and on.

It is interesting that the protesters are now handing evidence to the army, as they clearly trust the army with it and not the police. There will be those who will undoubtedly focus on the retaliatory beating, which should not have happened. But an unarmed man was shot. And the perpetrator was captured. And the evidence was handed to the army, who will clearly conduct an investigation.

Unfortunately it IS the police who are responsible to conduct the investigation that occurred on public property. Between the irresponsible handling of evidence by both the guards and military, and the contamination of the crime scene, a conviction may be doubtful. Further adding to investigative problems is that apparently the gunshots were fired from the flyover, not at ground level but the alleged assailant was captured by the protest guards. I would guess these guards were at ground level and not on the flyover wheh the shots happened. So where are the witnesses on the flyover that saw the alleged gunman? And do you think there was only a single motor bike taxi driver on the flyover? Unless there is a "noncompulsuary" confession by the accused, it will be questionable that the accused will be found guilty beyond the shadow of a dount if that standard it used. This is why police must take an active role during these protests; it can't just be on call like a pizza delivery man.

Sorry for my ignorance, but can you explain to me how do you "peacefully" prevent people from voting?

Think about it.

Sorry, I just can't think of a way to "peacefully" prevent people from exercising their basic rights to vote in a democratic society.

Actually business is booming for a great many motorcycle taxi drivers especially round rally sites. I don't think that would be a reason why and even if business is bad, it can never be a valid excuse for attempted murder....

Reported elsewhere that the shooter has now been taken by the police to the police hospital.

It is said that before he was taken he was given a scan and no serious damage was found.

There is also a report that Chalerm has made a statement saying he was an on duty policeman protecting the protesters and did not do the shooting.

Whether these reports are true or not I don't know, we wait to see.

Well at least giving the "evidence" to the army, rather than the appropriate lawfull officials, will ensure maximum evidence rigging perhaps.

"Appropriate lawful officials" You obviously have absolutely no idea how these appropriate lawful individuals operate/

Cool! Would you mind PM-ing me your address? I'd like to peacefully come round with a few of my Thai friends and equally peacefully stand in front of your front door for a while. I take it that as an advocate of non-violence you would not try to push us out of the way or use any other form of violence to gain access to your abode, am I right?

PS - Once we decide to take the chains (which we will peacefully lock) off your front door so you can enter, you will return said chain and the lock to us, won't you? There's a good chap.

Edited by 15Peter20
  • Like 2

No doubt.....he is a Yellow supporter in disguisewhistling.gif

EXCEPT it turns out, he and his partner were both from the police force. The evidence collected immediately from the motorcycle was irrefutable -- police radios, ID, rank....and other violence oriented weaponry.

Again, the police are attacking the people on the heels of a historically significant pronouncement signifying the throwing of a gauntlet: "There is nothing under the sun that the Thai police cannot do".

Uttered by Chalerm within the last 24 hrs, by Thaksin upon enforcing his extra-judicial killings in the south, and once in the 1950s when all hell broke loose.

• Like 1

Only problem with handing evidence over to the army is it cannot as far as i know then be used in a court of law they have no remit to act as police or bring charges or any legal jurisdiction to act as police while in their current role. where are does it say the army has the remit in times of civilian rule. ?

If the case this means that all evidence is inadmissible and cannot be seen as not tampered with or simply fabricated, same with statements they just arnt the police or part of the justice system they are the army and have no jurisdiction to conduct a legal investigation..... Thailand is not under military control just yet i believe there are clear boundaries as it stands.

All they have to show is continuity of possession. The remaining questions as to whether it was tampered with are left to the lawyers -- as always.

I didn't know, that 2 of the Shinawathras were working as motorcycle drivers!

That is interesting!

Let's see who he works for?

I would take a guess: a motorcycle taxi- company?

Okay...joking aside: you are that dumb, that you really believe, that every idiot, waving a gun -Red shirt or not- is basically instructed by Thaksin himself?

I am really no pro- Shinawathra, but reading unbelievable <deleted> like this almost makes me wish, I would be!

From TNN24 it is in Thai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDLaRBWY5Q

My Thai is not very good, but the clip say something like:

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

He was seen walking on the bridge trailing by a number of protester's guard.

A woman happen to notice the hidden gun, hence scream out GUN GUN.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

He tried to fight, then a gun shot was heard, and a protester was seen limping.

IMHO looks more like self defense to me, but I am sure you will not agree.

He had gun, handcraft, police id, and came here ridding a police bike.

But why the hell is he wearing a motocycle-taxi vest? Moonlighting between job?

• Like 1

and spin they will.....coffee1.gif

BlueSky TV also showed pictures of the alleged gunman's motorcycle, reporting it was registered under a policeman's name.

of course it was........ it's BlueSky! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

......tell us again when you have a reliable news source not the Suthep propaganda channel!

From TNN24 it is in Thai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDLaRBWY5Q

My Thai is not very good, but the clip say something like:

The police fake as a motorcycle taxi man, was on the bridge, looking for information.

He was seen walking on the bridge trailing by a number of protester's guard.

A woman happen to notice the hidden gun, hence scream out GUN GUN.

The man try to run down the bridge, but was attacked by mob when he reach the ground.

He tried to fight, then a gun shot was heard, and a protester was seen limping.

IMHO looks more like self defense to me, but I am sure you will not agree.

He had gun, handcraft, police id, and came here ridding a police bike.

But why the hell is he wearing a motocycle-taxi vest? Moonlighting between job?

An unbelievable display of savagery. More like a pack of wild dogs.

Twenty guys all trying to kill this one guy. OK so he's suspected, maybe even provable, but to just go in like that ...scary stuff and lots more to come I reckon.