British foreign secretary urges Thailand to uphold democracy

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best reform is to forcefully deport Abhisit, Suthep and all other frusto's to Koh Kut in front of Koh Chang. Fresh water, bananas, plastic whistles and NO microphones and/amplifiers. See how quickly Thailand cheers up. (And investors confidence returning)

• Like 1

The best reform is to forcefully deport Abhisit, Suthep and all other frusto's to Koh Kut in front of Koh Chang. Fresh water, bananas, plastic whistles and NO microphones and/amplifiers. See how quickly Thailand cheers up. (And investors confidence returning)

I would agree provided Chalerm, Kittikat, Surapong and Poo were sent there too. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Want to see if we get the same "mind your own business, solve your own problems at home" comments. whistling.gif

Farang don't quite understand Thais.

It is not that Thais do not want election.

The majority people want election after reform.

Elections After reform sounds to me like going lot of steps back and who decides when the Reforms are done? The lawless who occupy the streets now and give Thailand the worst global imago in decades? I wouldn't bet on Suthep to take care of your democratic values for which Thai people have fought for.

It's a sad day when a poster with no memory gets popular LIKES, reds occupying bkk 2010-- Thailand bankrupt---loyal voters not paid rice money----you deserve Thaksin back......................Democracy is it. I hope he controls again and then you lot will be the first to cry.

Edited by ginjag

I think the American administration should get a lesson of good diplomacy from W. Hague and not insist on elections, at whatever cost, with the excuse that is in the name of Democracy.

Ahhhhhh

But for most US people democracy is voting.

That's it.

• Like 1

And see how quickly corruption will grow.

• Like 1

Want to see if we get the same "mind your own business, solve your own problems at home" comments. whistling.gif

but Suriya4 perhaps the reason we don't quite understand you is that you seem a little too trusting of people like this who want to simply to snatch power.

What guarantees are there for the Thai people as to how long this so-called ‘ reform ‘ process will take? You have plenty of examples from history of fascist leaders who won power surreptitiously but then never gave it back to the people. unsure.png

Not half enough questions have been asked regarding the " fine print " of Suthep’s exact plans or about the people he intends to install on this so-called People's Councilph34r.png

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 2

but Suriya4 perhaps the reason we don't quite understand you is that you seem a little too trusting of people like this who want to simply to snatch power.

What guarantees are there for the Thai people as to how long this so-called ‘ reform ‘ process will take? You have plenty of examples from history of fascist leaders who won power surreptitiously but then never gave it back to the people. unsure.png

Not half enough questions have been asked regarding the " fine print " of Suthep’s exact plans or about the people he intends to install on this so-called People's Councilph34r.png

Or even the possibility that Suthep is to this movement what Yingluck is to PTP.

Elections After reform sounds to me like going lot of steps back and who decides when the Reforms are done? The lawless who occupy the streets now and give Thailand the worst global imago in decades? I wouldn't bet on Suthep to take care of your democratic values for which Thai people have fought for.

It's a sad day when a poster with no memory gets popular LIKES, reds occupying bkk 2010-- Thailand bankrupt---loyal voters not paid rice money----you deserve Thaksin back......................Democracy is it. I hope he controls again and then you lot will be the first to cry.

Coup Coup Coup... it's there again.. 2010, the dawn of time in Thailand. The point past which nobody shall ever look further back from.

Dreadful post for you to wish bad on your opponants now you have effectivly totally lost an arguement you never really had a chance with in the first place.

49 million registerd to vote on Sunday. Suthep might stop some in BKK, but he will have extreme problems this time if he does and his sheep know this.

I'm waiting for his backers in the Army to move as they are desperate now. Would not be surprised is one or two companies planning to move. Won't do any good this time though as I firmly believer there are more than enough watermelon soldiers to ward off a coup.. More importantly Prayuth believes this as well. Not just the foot soldiers, this goes right to the top this time.

• Like 1

Problem for Thais like you is that we do understand you.

Everybody understands you and we don't like what you do and we know you don't think or you would realise you just trying to give away your rights (don't care about your rights eh?) but more importantly you are trying to give away the rights of everybody in the country... and give them to one of the most horrible people ever to live in asia.

Oh yes we do understand fascism. It is Thai people like you with no education about history or sense of reasoning powers. If you knew anything about history, you would not support Suthep.

Reform yes. If you are all so intellegent, make a political party to compete with Thaksin. And don't cry like a baby about vote buying.

Dems did nothing in power for anybody other than the army (gave them massive budget rise) and chase after ghost of thakisn around the world. If you really are educated you have to show people you are and stop behaving like 13 year old teenagers with angst problems.

Majority of Thais do want elections, and many more will vote PT than for Suthep. It is not your right to use violence and block polling stations. In western country you would be arrested, tasered and if you invade White house like you try at Gov house and Police office... You would all be shot with real bullets until you went away.

You are very lucky that the big corruption in thailand is the Army and Elites. They are protecting you,, Suthep and his criminals. But, they can't do it for ever so you'll have to either stop, negotiate or the reds will come with more people than you can ever imagine and they will make you stop!!

Dems did nothing in power for anybody other than the army

Didn't the Dems have a scheme to help farmers that didn't run up debts they couldn't service causing farmers not to be paid for months and taking Thailand from No. 1 to No. 3 as rice exporters?

In western countries most Thai politicians wouldn't get near to being voted in to parliament and certainly not convicted criminals or their sister who had no interest in or knowledge of politics and avoids parliament.

I assume UK Europe and America won't be granting visas to this lot anytime soon?

suthep-6-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Well Thaksin who's evading a prison sentence seems to get in OK so even if they are eventually tried and found guilty I wouldn't bet against anything.

"This is a matter for the people of Thailand, but I hope their political leaders will find a way forward," he said.

Can't see anything wrong with what he said.

A good and sensible statement from the British foreign secretary.

May be he failed as PM....but he is doing a good job now.

Agree he said nothing wrong. However, he was never PM. He was opposition leader when Tony Blair was practically unbeatable.

He would make a good PM now, pity Thailand don't have many politicians of his caliber.

Hahaha - Hague is a failed politician Governing with a party with a 27% mandate - learn about you own country PLEASE before instructing ours!

Its called a coalition and its called working with compromise, you would do well to curb the attitude about a country that includes and considers ALL immigrants and parties as being equal and part of the electoral process and most of all with respect.

We do our protesting at the elections and accept the decision of the electorate unlike this place ......... before you say anything else the advice given to Thailand should be heeded.. we had our civil war hundreds of years ago and it didnt end well for the elite monarchists then either.

Sensible words from the UK ignore it and all the other countries advice at your peril.

• Like 1

Problem for Thais like you is that we do understand you.

Everybody understands you and we don't like what you do and we know you don't think or you would realise you just trying to give away your rights (don't care about your rights eh?) but more importantly you are trying to give away the rights of everybody in the country... and give them to one of the most horrible people ever to live in asia.

Oh yes we do understand fascism. It is Thai people like you with no education about history or sense of reasoning powers. If you knew anything about history, you would not support Suthep.

Reform yes. If you are all so intellegent, make a political party to compete with Thaksin. And don't cry like a baby about vote buying.

Dems did nothing in power for anybody other than the army (gave them massive budget rise) and chase after ghost of thakisn around the world. If you really are educated you have to show people you are and stop behaving like 13 year old teenagers with angst problems.

Majority of Thais do want elections, and many more will vote PT than for Suthep. It is not your right to use violence and block polling stations. In western country you would be arrested, tasered and if you invade White house like you try at Gov house and Police office... You would all be shot with real bullets until you went away.

You are very lucky that the big corruption in thailand is the Army and Elites. They are protecting you,, Suthep and his criminals. But, they can't do it for ever so you'll have to either stop, negotiate or the reds will come with more people than you can ever imagine and they will make you stop!!

Dems did nothing in power for anybody other than the army

Didn't the Dems have a scheme to help farmers that didn't run up debts they couldn't service causing farmers not to be paid for months and taking Thailand from No. 1 to No. 3 as rice exporters?

In western countries most Thai politicians wouldn't get near to being voted in to parliament and certainly not convicted criminals or their sister who had no interest in or knowledge of politics and avoids parliament.

This is a very good intro for Farang

Since when is having only 1 major Party running for Parliment

Democracy

In German1940 the same Britiish Parliment called it Dictatorship

I would be interested to know Hagues view on Thaksin.

I expect he'd be very diplomatic about it since he seems to be able to come and go as he pleases.

I've never supported the Tories and he wasn't much good as their leader but he does seem to have improved lately.

Maybe he's just gained experience and found his place. A bit like Gordon Brown but in reverse. OK as chancellor but totally unsuited to PM.

"This is a matter for the people of Thailand, but I hope their political leaders will find a way forward," he said.

Says it all. He is well aware of the Shin family farce, he won't get caught up in defending the current Gov(interim or even elected). Its up to the political leaders to resolve and you can be sure he was not including taksin in that equation.

I would be interested to know Hagues view on Thaksin.

I expect he'd be very diplomatic about it since he seems to be able to come and go as he pleases.

I've never supported the Tories and he wasn't much good as their leader but he does seem to have improved lately.

Maybe he's just gained experience and found his place. A bit like Gordon Brown but in reverse. OK as chancellor but totally unsuited to PM.

His improvement is probably due to his approaching retirement dream and also due in no small part to casting off the baseball cap image. I have respect for skillful politicians but I would never give them my vote. Their spin makes me too dizzy. I can see the same happening here in Thailand. Politicians will become more knowledgeable and skillful over time and will run the country in a more (western) acceptable way. Old habits like loss of face will eventually die and maybe even pigs will fly.......smile.png

Since when is having only 1 major Party running for Parliment

Democracy

In German1940 the same Britiish Parliment called it Dictatorship

The Dems decided to opt out themselves, they were not forced out of the elections. In fact should they choose they could still take part.

Nothing like Nazi Germany at all

• Like 1

Er..........How big is that majority exactly, or are you just making this up ???

Any, any, any, please ANY evidence for your statement that a majority of Thai people want " election after reform".

Please, please, please, substantiate your comment.

If you can, I will change my opinion, if you can't your are just a liar and propagandist...................