What Sandwich do you wish you could find here and if you do where in Pattaya?

TheWizardofRnR

a Reuben and Pastrami were our Deli in Phukets two top sellers ,along with Philly Cheese-steaks and a Turkado.and Italian Amer. Hot Sausages & Roast Beef....to see reviews of our Phuket Deli before we moved here go to.....I think since its closed its ok

http://phuketdir.com/bigbillsdeli/

or our reviews @ Trip Advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293920-d2660312-Reviews-Big_Bill_s_NY_Style_Deli-Phuket.html

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a great sandwich place in the old Amor restaurant location in Boyztown for about a year. It was specifically a sandwich place by the former Amour owner, Richard I believe was his name. They did all the classic american deli sandwiches on fresh bread, with top quality meats, cheeses, pickles, potatoes salad, Cole slaw, da works. Prices were not the cheapest but the meat portions and quality was there. The place lasted about a year...maybe the location was not the best for a sandwich place as not much foot traffic during the day and forgedabout car parking. The Subways around town do a good business so there is demand for sandwiches...so a real deli type place like the old Amour sandwiches in a good location should do well.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I love eating the Vietnamese Bahn Mi rolls especially if they are on bread rolls that do not contain sugar. Lettuce, tomato, onion, coriander,chives plus a few slices of beetroot tops them off. Avocado is nice on them too. i actually prefer them without meat.

Don't know if i have ever seen them in Pattaya but It has become almost a staple food in Oz.

Saigon Cafe at Central Mall has them.

They are not great but at least have the pickled veg and cilantro.

I used to buy great ones in the U.S. (which generally also have jalapenos on them), ask them not to slop their nasty Viet style butter or mayo on them, takethem home, put on Dijon mustard and avocado ... HEAVEN.

Of course the beetroot is an Aussie thing.

I love eating the Vietnamese Bahn Mi rolls especially if they are on bread rolls that do not contain sugar. Lettuce, tomato, onion, coriander,chives plus a few slices of beetroot tops them off. Avocado is nice on them too. i actually prefer them without meat.

Don't know if i have ever seen them in Pattaya but It has become almost a staple food in Oz.

Saigon Cafe at Central Mall has them.

They are not great but at least have the pickled veg and cilantro.

I used to buy great ones in the U.S. (which generally also have jalapenos on them), ask them not to slop their nasty Viet style butter or mayo on them, takethem home, put on Dijon mustard and avocado ... HEAVEN.

Of course the beetroot is an Aussie thing.

Beetroot, botanically-known as Beta vulgaris, evolved from wild seabeet, which is a native of coastlines from India to Britain. Of course it is.

Nothing wrong with a plain fried egg sandwich.

Butter-fried broken yoke egg on white toast with mayo, salt and pepper.

Fast, cheap, easy & good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you were to lose the "white bread", I could agree.

• Like 1

Whatever. Talking about the Aussie custom of sticking it on burgers, and such. Not the botanical origin.

Chilies are from the Americas. Is Thai food with chilies American food?

Next ...

Is there such a thing as American food as opposed to bastardised immigrants fodder?

Next....

whistling.gif At least a decade ago there was a Arabic/Indian/Kebab restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 3 in Bangkok called Sheharazade (spelling?).

There was a group of us that used to go in there (no Alcohol allowed or served there, owner was an Iranian Moslem then) and order the:

• Lamb Kebabs
  • grilled Green Peppers (sweet peppers not hot)
  • Humas (spelling)
  • Sour Cream Sauce (with Dill inside it)
  • And hot from the oven Arabic style Pita bread.

Then we make our own Pita bread and Lamb Kabob sandwiches, with Green Peppers, Humas, and Sour Cream on them.

Washed them down with bottles of cold Pepsi and/or Cokes. (No alcohol as I said).

D_mn, those were sandwiches were good.

Cheap too.

I know that owner no longer has the place, and it may even be closed now.

Definitely new owners anyhow, and they don't apparently grill the big Green Peppers outside any more like they did then.

But I still remember those Lamb Kebab sandwiches.

Next in line:

11) Regular Old Ice Cream Sandwich

12) The Chipwich

13) Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich (oy!)

On west coast, we also like the It's It ice cream sandwich...substitute oatmeal cookie for the chocolate chip. Also, don't forget the Eskimo Pie and Heath Bar Crunch ice cream bars!

Michaelaway has just made my shit list. You didn't have to do that, pal.

About three decades ago in Sussex Street Sydney - a small sandwich shop that made a roast beef sandwich that was heaven. Hot roast beef in gravy with tasty cheddar cheese between wholemeal bread. That was it. But it was the tastiest munch ever invented. Those guys knew how to cook roast beef and make gravy.

Katz's Pastrami on Rye, world famous, never copied or equaled ...

i will say your version in Phuket was close, but the NY Rye was the missing ingredient ... like pizza in NYC everyone says its the water that goes into the dough that can make all the difference ... and a Dr Brown's soda to wash it down with ...

8266.jpg

Edited by mtnthai

About three decades ago in Sussex Street Sydney - a small sandwich shop that made a roast beef sandwich that was heaven. Hot roast beef in gravy with tasty cheddar cheese between wholemeal bread. That was it. But it was the tastiest munch ever invented. Those guys knew how to cook roast beef and make gravy.

Uh-oh... sorry, Bud (but check out 14) Tuna Melt & 15) Hot Turkey Sandwich!).

cool.png

post-72929-0-73814700-1391268579_thumb.j

post-72929-0-32244800-1391269338_thumb.j

Edited by Michaelaway

I miss several of the old M&S Deli Sandwiches - especially:

- Brie and Cranberry (with salad)

- Wensleydale and carrot chutney (yum....really miss that one - had for lunch every day for like a decade :))

- Steamed salmon and fresh dill (also had a dill sauce)

I'm a Piscatarian, so only eat fish and veg, not meat (other than seafood and fish as said) - so many other popular ones I never tried.

• Like 1

hehe eating a fried egg sarnie right now (while watching the rugby)

Chesee and Branston's pickle too :)

It would just a a fried egg if you lost the bread.

• Like 1

It would just a a fried egg if you lost the bread.

Exactly.

Or you could replace the white bread with something more healthy such as all grain etc.

Whatever. Talking about the Aussie custom of sticking it on burgers, and such. Not the botanical origin.

Next ...

Is there such a thing as American food as opposed to bastardised immigrants fodder?

Next....

Of course there is. Fries.

Ok, you guys inspired me (and... I obviously have too much time on my hands). I am from New England, which probably slants my view, but here are the top ten sandwiches that I would love to find here:

1) Lobster roll

2) Crab (real!) roll

3) Fried Clam Roll

4) Italian Cold Cuts Sub (preferably with roast eggplant and hot chili relish)

5) Italian Veal Parmigiana Sub

6) Kosher Corned Beef Sandwich

7) Kosher Pastrami Sandwich

8) New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich

9) El Cuban Sandwich

10) Steak Bomb Sub

What , no pork dishes?

Next ...

Next....

Of course there is. Fries.

French fries are American?

Uh-oh... sorry, Bud (but check out 14) Tuna Melt & 15) Hot Turkey Sandwich!).

cool.png

Brilliant, matey. I have to admit, you've inspired me. I'm going to make the best sandwich I can think of in the next two days.

Ok, you guys inspired me (and... I obviously have too much time on my hands). I am from New England, which probably slants my view, but here are the top ten sandwiches that I would love to find here:

1) Lobster roll

2) Crab (real!) roll

3) Fried Clam Roll

4) Italian Cold Cuts Sub (preferably with roast eggplant and hot chili relish)

5) Italian Veal Parmigiana Sub

6) Kosher Corned Beef Sandwich

7) Kosher Pastrami Sandwich

8) New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich

9) El Cuban Sandwich

10) Steak Bomb Sub

What , no pork dishes?

A Cuban Sandwich is a mix of pork and ham.