PCAD leader threatens Viphavadi Tollway closure

webfact

PCAD Leader Threatens Viphavadi Tollway Closure
By Khaosod English

block.jpg
An EOD police officer inspecting evidence of suspected M79 grenade attack at anti-government rally in Ladprao Intersection, 29 January 2014

BANGKOK: -- An anti-government protest leader has threatened to shutdown the tollway connecting downtown Bangkok with one of its international airports.

Mr. Issra Somchai, the core leader of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), made the threat after the military has not responded to his request for soldiers′ patrols around the expressway overlooking PCAD rally site at Ladprao Intersection.

The campsite has been attacked by unidentified militants almost on a nightly basis for several weeks; on 29 January a suspected M79 grenade attack was also reported, injuring one protester.

"The rally area at Ladprao Intersection is very risky," Mr. Issara said.

He added that if the security forces still refuse to patrol the tollway, the protesters would be forced to close the expressway altogether for security reasons.

Closure of the tollway would have severely affected traffic in northern Bangkok, as it links the suburban area and Don Mueang Airport with Bangkok′s city centre, our correspondent reported.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1URTFPRFl4TXc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-31

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, the only thing that comes to his mind is closure....

Why not just leave ? Pea brain !!

bah.gifhuh.pngmad.gif

That seems to be to rational.. Maybe he only has a pea and not a brain... ;)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

So, the only thing that comes to his mind is closure....

Why not just leave ? Pea brain !!

bah.gifhuh.pngmad.gif

Or fight like a man instead of 100 idiots hiding under the petticoats of the Army.

Army cannot protect you all your life and unless you are planning on staying there for the rest of your life, you are going to have to eventually face people, in real life... Who hate you... lots of them, so enjoy being the big man in the big gang for now.

All the big gangs on both sides are only brave when they have the numbers. One day, they will hopefully see this.

• Like 1

I think the reds and the yellows are having a competition as to who can come up with the most stupid statements and ideas.

Currently running neck and neck I guess?

Sometimes it's really hard telling the two apart. They should come together and form the brown shirts. The color of shit would suit them nicely.

and so limps home the mighty mass of educated thais. Look to be almose 6,000,000 short to me. I'd say about 200 when they passed me.

And the Army and Courts protect these vile thugs in order to claw back power for some old backers... Traffic flow barely interupted, there were so few.

BfTkLriCMAAFxLj.jpg

• Like 1

If CAPO refuses to protect the area from grenade attacks ( one wonders why ? ) then they have abdicated their responsibility for protecting the people - and Chalerm's press conferences have all been hogwash. It is the right of the people to ensure their own protection in the light of such abominable behavior - both from the grenade attacks and from CAPO's abdication of trust and responsibility.

Edited by Scamper

Close it.

If you can't get the protection and this is the p[lace where nightly attacks are coming from, then go ahead and close it down. No life is worth traffic flow.

Good luck.

Well well, 24 posts in less than 24 hours, you have been a busy boy...............................

Blocking the Tollway is a great idea. Just make sure you open the barricades when I come driving down with 140. Otherwise it's going to be Thaksin's fault again if someone gets hurt.

Yeah great, that will help a lot. Well 'ard. Jesus!

Edited by Bluespunk

If CAPO refuses to protect the area from grenade attacks ( one wonders why ? ) then they have abdicated their responsibility for protecting the people - and Chalerm's press conferences have all been hogwash. It is the right of the people to ensure their own protection in the light of such abominable behavior - both from the grenade attacks and from CAPO's abdication of trust and responsibility.

When the reds come to town, will you so adamantly defend their rights-- to shut down Suthep's 'new order' ?

Never mind- your righteousness will soon be put to the test. And then I await your passionate defence of the right to 'protest' wihout being attacked when it is reds being fired on.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

No doubt there will be million on the streets tomorrow not in support of the madman Suthep but on there way to vote for the government they want in power . I find it hard to believe that the silly old fool and his party did not register for the election does this mean they will disappear into thin air would have made more sense to sit around the table and have good dialogue with those who they hate thinking back to a couple of years ago I cannot recall them being any better when in power corruption was still rife how does the saying go same same but different !!!!!!!

• Like 1