Abhisit declares he will not go to his polling station to vote on Sunday

webfact

"Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional"

"NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL"whistling.gif

Yes I read that too...

But I do not think that is what Abhisit said, very poor reporting, the paper needs to correct and apologies very quickly on this one, obviously his political opponents will be using this to unfairly criticize him.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit is such a hypocrit.

He says its unconstitutional but he supports a "people's council" with members chosen by Suthep and which excludes members of Puea Thai and allied parties, which is the party that received the most votes in the last election. In other words, the majority of Thais will be stripped of their voice in the future of Thailand.

How constitutional is that?

Just asking, When have actually said it would exclude Phuathai or Coalition members?

I do know they said NO Shinawatras.

Shinawatras and anyone affiliated with them, he said. The whole people's council is a farce to tip the scales to his favor. A power grab, nothing more. Suthep will be like the Gaddhafi of Thailand. Telling everyone he's not the leader of the country, only the leader of the revolution. He actually used the exact same words like Gaddhafi.

• Like 2

Maybe he would have been better off reforming his own party during the last two years so more then the faithful had a choice to deal with in the first place - goes back to the same problem it has been from the last time he spun up a boyscout lead protest or his bosses funded the yellow proxies. Still the same old losers and whiners that have always have been.

Thaksin is the fault of the Dem party and the cause he is still even relevant to them or even Thaksin's own supporters for that matter, because they have failed to find a real leader or any real need to feel they have to concern themselves with anything other then prosecuting their own way into power for the same purposes that Thaksin was there in the first place - that won't play, and if you don't get it yet - you never will - move on.

To bad Mark has wasted so much time and face on a losing team, you can't beat a horse into being a better horse, you ether brake in a new one the right way or walk home.

Go Seahawks - at least something important is going on this weekend.

"Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional"

Well spotted! Freudian slip perhaps?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More likely an error in translation.

Impossible. The Nation never errs. It is 100% accurate 100% of the time, all the time.

If the Nation cannot be trusted on this, then by jove, all of those other questionable quotes attributable to other politicians could be questioned and we can't have any questioning of the Nation's unquestionable accuracy.

• Like 1

Yes I read that too...

But I do not think that is what Abhisit said, very poor reporting, the paper needs to correct and apologies very quickly on this one, obviously his political opponents will be using this to unfairly criticize him.

I doubt they are reading the Nation, so relax.

Abhisit is a stubborn impotent idiot. Why he is still in politics is beyond me. He should have quit years ago.

He never had a real job before he went into politics. What exactly would he do?

It's not as if he had military experience, so that rules out a job as the parking lot whistle blower down at the local Tesco.

• Like 2

Abhisit says he will not go to the poll

2-1-2014-2-54-58-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva says he will not go to the poll tomorrow.

Abhisit, now the leader of the Democrat party, posted on his personal website and Facebook page today saying he will not go to the poll tomorrow, reasoning that this election is unconstitutional.

This election may not achieve the goal of election under democratic system.

He also said he will not report the reason why he will not exercise the voting right because it does not meet conditions declared by the Election Commission to retain election rights.

Abhisit said he has to inform in advance of his decision because he does not want anyone to exploit the situation to create disturbance at the polling station in Satree Withaya school.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/abhisit-says-will-go-poll/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-01

The election is formed under the constitution of the Military Coup and subsequently altered by the DEMS

HOW is it unconstitutional????????????? they supported and amended it

come on Khun Abhisit EXPLAIN to the Thai people why you are saying "unconstitutional"

• Like 1

Didn't he say that he would not comment on whether he would vote or not so he didn't influence others in the party voters decision. So what happen with that?

He spent his time at Oxford well learning how to be a politician......that's what it means. ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

geriatrickid post # 37.

So you could indeed agree that he is on a par with Yingluck then?whistling.gif

Abhisit does, Yingluck ( Thaksin) follows.rolleyes.gif

Abhisit is such a hypocrit.

He says its unconstitutional but he supports a "people's council" with members chosen by Suthep and which excludes members of Puea Thai and allied parties, which is the party that received the most votes in the last election. In other words, the majority of Thais will be stripped of their voice in the future of Thailand.

How constitutional is that?

Just asking, When have actually said it would exclude Phuathai or Coalition members?

I do know they said NO Shinawatras.

I believe PDRC have said that the peoples council would not include politicians but just 300 good people from various occupations and 100 people chosen by the PDRC...That sounds to me like 400 people chosen by the PDRC frankly but whatever!

With regards to Abisiht he must be confident of the election being nullified by the courts (or some other disruptive event?) to risk not being able to stand in any future elections.

It would appear that he has thrown his lot in firmly behind Suthep and be convinced that irrelevant of what may happen in the forthcoming days,weeks and months he will be returned to his position.

No doubt there are people with their own agenda to follow and believe that the election results will be dismissed.

I hope for them that the majority of the population share their view, otherwise the potential for Thailand sliding even deeper into the rabbit hole will greatly increase.

Edited by wave

BANGKOK: -- Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva says he will not go to the poll tomorrow.

That's good, it means in addition to the murder charges he is up against, this scumbag will be banned from politics for not voting.

That's good, it means in addition to the murder charges he is up against, this scumbag will be banned from politics for not voting.

And he will have no parliamentary immunity if he is convicted.

Sounds good to me. Clears up some of the scum.

The man is absolute plonker I am at a loss how he or Suthep even made it as PM and deputy PM they are an embarrassment it is clear that attending Oxford University did him no good I terms of education the guy is a numb skull it would have been better and wiser to have sat around a table and have dialogue than to be so immature in attempting to bring the country to a standstill they have been left with a lot of egg noodle on there faces time for the courts to lock these two jokers up for past crimes they have committed.

Abhisit is a stubborn impotent idiot. Why he is still in politics is beyond me. He should have quit years ago.

Because he is a vain and stupid man.

The sad truth of why Abhisit is still around - the Democrats seem to have no-one better than him in their party, so they keep voting him their Party Leader and their #1 candidate.

To be fair to Abhisit - he's done a good job as the Dems' palatable figure-head. He was well-educated, comes from good family, used to be good-looking (but getting a bit pudgy these days), has a full head of hair, can be rolled out when the foreign Heads visit. He's a Thai Hugh Grant.

He has also been well trained to look the other way when the Dems' henchmen (old-school politicians) do the dirty work behind the scenes (getting funds for the Party).

The real "power players" like him too. He can follow orders - resign from Parliament, boycott the elections, do not even vote (even though it may be against his true principles, and will make him squirm when he meets his English peers).

Now, what puppet master doesn't want someone as pliable as Abhisit?

• Like 1

geriatrickid post # 37.

duh, she was a successful CEO before being voted in as PM. unlike Abhisit who was a nothing and still is a nothing and will always be a nothing.

• Like 1

And some accuse the Nation of being the opposition newspaper. Silly. Or could it be the red mole who misquoted him on purpose? wink.png

That's not what he said. He said:

Democrat Party leader Abhisit says in his personal Facebook page that he will not vote tomorrow as election is held unconstitutionally

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=52ec7749be04700ca88b45d4#.Uux7dljNvIU

It is being held unconstitutionally because elections have to held simultaneously at all polling stations which is clearly not going to happen in 28 constituencies. You can't have staggered polls where later votes already know how others voted. The election will certainly be annulled by the Constitutional Court and is just a waste of B3.8bn and the lives of whoever gets killed.

• Like 1

Abhisit says the election is unconstitutional, but it's actually his own law:

Why is the election unconstitutional? Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra wants Abhisit Vejjajiva to give her an explanation.

She was responding to a comment the Democrat Party leader posted on his Facebook page that he would not vote on Sunday because the poll was "unconstitutional".

"What does unconstitutional mean? The 2007 charter, particularly the section on election regulations, was altered by the Democrat-led government, not this administration," Ms Yingluck said on Saturday.

"NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL":whistling:

And some accuse the Nation of being the opposition newspaper. Silly. Or could it be the red mole who misquoted him on purpose? wink.png

That's not what he said. He said:

Democrat Party leader Abhisit says in his personal Facebook page that he will not vote tomorrow as election is held unconstitutionally

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=52ec7749be04700ca88b45d4#.Uux7dljNvIU

It is being held unconstitutionally because elections have to held simultaneously at all polling stations which is clearly not going to happen in 28 constituencies. You can't have staggered polls where later votes already know how others voted. The election will certainly be annulled by the Constitutional Court and is just a waste of B3.8bn and the lives of whoever gets killed.

Wait one minute. We are talking about constituencies where people cannot vote for a constituency candidate (because "peaceful" protestors denied people their constitutional right to run for office). They would still be able to vote for party list candidates. By-elections are normally done whenever a seat becomes vacant also. It is immaterial that voters already know what other constituency voters have voted as these elections are per constituency. When party list is concerned, you have a point, but they could vote for the party list in all polling stations, providing the protestors don't interfere. If they do, it is the protestors that wasted the money, no one else would be to blame.

Edit: By the way, I do believe the EC did say that results wouldn't be announced on Feb-2 but only after 26-2.

Edited by sjaak327

so it is an absolute 180 from the statement he made with regards the rest of the Dems freedom to choose whether or not to vote he made exiting the meeting with Kinney....and my guess is now..(if they ever considered it at all...) my guess...they won't..... lest the upset this precarious apple cart.... why does that not surprise me... itsa Circus folks ..keep your eyes on the cups... which one hides the ball .. look carefully.... at no time do my fingers leave my hands ! Fodder upon fodder upon dotter...wai2.gif

Edited by DirtFarmer

so he, and other politicians who choose boycott, will lose their political right to contest in the next election. Good riddance to them, loosers

Yes, what a loser, standing by his moral convictions even when doing so will cause damage to himself.

Everyone knows winners are unburdened by such things as "morals" and "ethics".

By not voting he is breaking the law.

Yet another of the litany of laws that he could have changed. If I say he is ********** does that constitute defamation? Another one he should have got onto.

Nice guy and all, but really a very opportunistic politician with very few principles.

geriatrickid post # 37.

duh, she was a successful CEO before being voted in as PM. unlike Abhisit who was a nothing and still is a nothing and will always be a nothing.

Yingluck a successful CEO? Pull the other one. Without any prior business experience at all, she was given a sinecure job at her brother's mobile phone company with the title of president but without any tangible responsibilities. The company was run by a CEO and a professional management team which didn't include her. After Temasek took over they discontinued the role of president.

Abhisit went straight into politics after a short stint as a teacher and was elected as a constituency MP in the first election he stood in. That is fairly normal for politicians in many Western countries.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

so he, and other politicians who choose boycott, will lose their political right to contest in the next election. Good riddance to them, loosers

Yes, what a loser, standing by his moral convictions even when doing so will cause damage to himself.

Yet another of the litany of laws that he could have changed. If I say he is ********** does that constitute defamation? Another one he should have got onto.

Nice guy and all, but really a very opportunistic politician with very few principles.

is he?

is he?

No. It is not a criminal offence. He will lose his political right to run for public office until he has voted in another national or local election, unless the election is annulled. It is very obvious that the election will be annulled and he is gambling on that.