Abhisit declares he will not go to his polling station to vote on Sunday

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute disgrace for the leader of the wrongly called Dems!

He has been unconstitutional . A never elected PM with a British citizenship he had "forgotten" to relinquish .

He is Mr. Unconstitutional.

It's easy to forget when its granted automatically. As was the case at the time of his birth.. he was born to Thai parents. He is Thai. Or are you suggesting that another extremely high up person is American and his daughter is Swiss!!!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Abhisit's stand is in keeping with his beliefs, which should be respected. Everyone in life makes decisions based on how much they are in tune with their inner beliefs. We cannot prejudge someone who decides for themselves what is right. The importance of Abhisit's decision - and indeed for the Democratic party as a whole - is that the decision to vote or not vote tomorrow is one that is left to each individual member of their party, as it is indeed to all of us. This election - if it can be called as such - will be a completely convoluted affair, with eight provinces not participating, fourteen provinces without party-list ballots, as well as many areas that will have no ballots at all. There will be many poling stations that will be closed or undermanned. There will be others that are blocked. There could be potentially explosive encounters between the protesters and the police. We do not know what Chalerm has in mind, though those who are aware of his pattern of behavior are very wary indeed. This poll will be regarded as unconstitutional from the point of view of article 108 alone. It will accomplish nothing for the Yingluck administration other than to convey the rather clear impression that they are no longer in control, and under severe opposition from roughly half the country. Their go-it-alone administration has met its stone wall.

Another articulate post from you Scamper (i mean that).

but is it fair to Dem party constituetnts that their party leadership deny them a voice in 'da house'?

Swinging your support of Abhisit to condemnation of Chalerm- -- strange no? Chalerm had nothing to do with the decision of the Dems to shelve their obligations to their consituents.

You don't want elections- that is clear.

So what do you want? -- reform?

To in 18 months change a society mired in medeival power structures and superstitions into the beacon of fairness promised by the grand traditions of liberty and democracy?

Not going to happen.

What you will get is a new definition of Democracy- which actually is not new at all- it has just been discredited since the 1920s.

Edited by blaze

"Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional and it will not achieve a goal of an election under the democratic system," Abhisit posted on his Facebook wall.

He said he would not inform the Election Commission of his reason why he would not vote because his reason did not fit into reasons announced by the EC that voters can cite for skipping an election.

condensed version:

I won't...is not...will not...would not...would not...did not...

so many "nots" in two short sentences, in a notshell I think he is feeling rather negative today...

Abhisit says he will not go to the poll

BANGKOK: -- Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva says he will not go to the poll tomorrow.

That's good, it means in addition to the murder charges he is up against, this scumbag will be banned from politics for not voting.

your calling him scum after your really clever post the other day when you got destroyed by the members on hereclap2.gif welcome back,...fancy betting your very low reputation he isnt convicted along with suphep ..you and shannon should get a room together...mug

I love how posters in TV thinks they know all the details about what is happening through a limited selection of news by English media. To truely understand the issue, I suggest researching thai news and don't depend on this limited resource.

But one don't have to go far to understand how this will become invalid. The govt. is going to be impeached retroactively, making everything null and invalid. You have the entire bunch 300+ breaking the law and PM that neglected her duties. YS knows it too and that is all they have left to fool the world that it is about electon and trying to preserve democracy. And no one here can argue that this administration have not abused democracy for their own gains. Enough is enough of this scharade by the YS govt. They had a chance to step down but they choose to be defiant or loosing face.

• Like 1

Absolute disgrace for the leader of the wrongly called Dems!

He has been unconstitutional . A never elected PM with a British citizenship he had "forgotten" to relinquish .

He is Mr. Unconstitutional.

It's easy to forget when its granted automatically. As was the case at the time of his birth.. he was born to Thai parents. He is Thai. Or are you suggesting that another extremely high up person is American and his daughter is Swiss!!!!

oooooow great return of serve there sir.destroyed in 44 words..biggrin.png

• Like 1

"Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional"

"NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL"whistling.gif

I noticed that too but assumed it was probably a translation error. Thai's generally have a propensity for double negatives, wrong plurals, incorrect tense, and he vs she gender confusion in their translations and speech going from Thai to English and a host of other language translation problems. Which is not to say that I don't have just as many problems with Thai. I do. (Is that a double negative? No, I think it's ok. It makes sense to me.) 555

so he, and other politicians who choose boycott, will lose their political right to contest in the next election. Good riddance to them, loosers

the boy needs a spelling lesson, what does "not unconstitutional mean?" does it mean that if it was "unconstitutional" he would go out and vote?

Sunderland, on 01 Feb 2014 - 11:34, said:

Whilst it could yet bite him in the bum if the election proceeds and some time down the line all the results can be counted for the entire country, I think he already has a good idea that there is no hope in hell for this election to be validated further down the line. Therefore, he is confident that his opportunity to run in a future election will not be affected.

Personally, I don't care whether he votes or not. I prefer that Sunderland beat Newcastle tonight and that will probably ruin his weekend more.

He can run, but he can't win

so he, and other politicians who choose boycott, will lose their political right to contest in the next election. Good riddance to them, loosers

Yes, what a loser, standing by his moral convictions even when doing so will cause damage to himself.

Everyone knows winners are unburdened by such things as "morals" and "ethics".

By not voting he is breaking the law.

Yet another of the litany of laws that he could have changed. If I say he is ********** does that constitute defamation? Another one he should have got onto.

Nice guy and all, but really a very opportunistic politician with very few principles.

is he?

After the way he brazened it out to get into power with newin in tow, there isn't much to say after that.

• Like 1

Yes, what a loser, standing by his moral convictions even when doing so will cause damage to himself.

Everyone knows winners are unburdened by such things as "morals" and "ethics".

By not voting he is breaking the law.

Yet another of the litany of laws that he could have changed. If I say he is ********** does that constitute defamation? Another one he should have got onto.

Nice guy and all, but really a very opportunistic politician with very few principles.

is he?

No. It is not a criminal offence. He will lose his political right to run for public office until he has voted in another national or local election, unless the election is annulled. It is very obvious that the election will be annulled and he is gambling on that.

Last I heard, voting is compulsory and to not is illegal. The fact that they don't prosecute it.

Please correct me if I'm.wrong.

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva Saturday declared that he will not go to his polling station to vote on Sunday.

"Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional and it will not achieve a goal of an election under the democratic system," Abhisit posted on his Facebook wall..

Im calling BS on Mark, I believe has already voted so wont have to on sunday or he has found another method maybe even via the UK Thai embassy i dunno, he has to vote or will not be able to stand as a candidate next time around therefore im calling him not a lair but twisting the words to seem to mean he wont vote,,, he hasnt said that hes only said he wont vote on sunday, it dosnt mean he hasnt already.

"Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional"

And some accuse the Nation of being the opposition newspaper. Silly. Or could it be the red mole who misquoted him on purpose? wink.png

That's not what he said. He said:

Democrat Party leader Abhisit says in his personal Facebook page that he will not vote tomorrow as election is held unconstitutionally

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=52ec7749be04700ca88b45d4#.Uux7dljNvIU

Its "UNCONSTITUTIONAL"? I thought the King gave his blessings to it, so does that fall under the law of defimation?

And some accuse the Nation of being the opposition newspaper. Silly. Or could it be the red mole who misquoted him on purpose? wink.png

Democrat Party leader Abhisit says in his personal Facebook page that he will not vote tomorrow as election is held unconstitutionally

Its "UNCONSTITUTIONAL"? I thought the King gave his blessings to it, so does that fall under the law of defimation?

Unconstitutional in that it will not be performed nationwide on the same day.

The election is formed under the constitution of the Military Coup and subsequently altered by the DEMS

HOW is it unconstitutional????????????? they supported and amended it

come on Khun Abhisit EXPLAIN to the Thai people why you are saying "unconstitutional"

He did explain (in the English translation at least). His explanation could have been clearer and more detailed. I cannot comment on how clear or detailed the Thai copy is.

It's also possible that clarity is difficult because the constitution isn't clear on this situation. It's clear that the election should be held across the country at the same time on a single day. Not going to happen. It's clear that it's impossible to elect sufficient members to open the House after the election. It seems like it might be possible for the EC to schedule a new election after Feb 2 because Feb 2 will be a failure. Etc.... The situation seems to be unclear.

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva Saturday declared that he will not go to his polling station to vote on Sunday.

"Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional and it will not achieve a goal of an election under the democratic system," Abhisit posted on his Facebook wall..

Im calling BS on Mark, I believe has already voted so wont have to on sunday or he has found another method maybe even via the UK Thai embassy i dunno, he has to vote or will not be able to stand as a candidate next time around therefore im calling him not a lair but twisting the words to seem to mean he wont vote,,, he hasnt said that hes only said he wont vote on sunday, it dosnt mean he hasnt already.

Or that he vote's in the upcoming Senate election!!! Which he can do to keep his voting rights.

To be able to stand as a party candidate next time he can use the senate election vote ? ... not aware of this loophole can you provide a link please ?

Or that he vote's in the upcoming Senate election!!! Which he can do to keep his voting rights.

To be able to stand as a party candidate next time he can use the senate election vote ? ... not aware of this loophole can you provide a link please ?

Sorry .. using my phone .. but it was in an EC comment on TV a few days ago.

Abhisit says he will not go to the poll

BANGKOK: -- Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva says he will not go to the poll tomorrow.

That's good, it means in addition to the murder charges he is up against, this scumbag will be banned from politics for not voting.

And he will have no parliamentary immunity if he is convicted.

Sounds good to me. Clears up some of the scum.

Following this logic....then Thaksin will be banned from politics too? Fat chance.

Tomorrow, I won't go to exercise my voting right because this election is not unconstitutional

Well at least hes honest laugh.png

Hard to believe any educated Englishman could take such a view.

Or is it? Afterall Eton and Oxford are rather Elitist instutions and many there probably also yearn for the good old days when the aristocracy ruled everything and they didnt have to interact with the plebs.

Well spotted! Freudian slip perhaps?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hardly well spotted, it was irritating just reading it.

• Like 2

and if that is the case it's because he (the bloke on a murder charge) did not put his party forward but instead chose to prevent everybody in the country from exercing their democratic right to be able to vote. What a penis.