I'm going to be a multi - millionaire or die in futures

Whereustay

This is better than the TV soaps! Up millions - down millions - all within 24 hours! See post #80. If this is reality & not hypotheticals, I admire your tenacity. Keep @ it, brother.

I brought in a fair amount of $$$ a couple of years ago - close to USD400k @ a little more than 28:1. The USD rose to nearly 33:1. Now it is on the slide again - 32.65. Holding on to USD would have meant a difference of B1.95m (ouch)!

even more interesting would be the ups and downs expressed in Vietnamese Dong, e.g.

i was down 6,731,934,000 but i could have closed the trade being up 673,194,614

So you're long on the Dong then? lol

men of my age group wish they were crying.gif

of all age groups, really crying.gif

Today at 10:24 Mar 13 selling at .9002 Total paper loss today of 1.1 million baht So the point is I could have closed yesterday for a 1.2 million gain. That is how I used to do it….small gains. Then I missed the big slide from .93 to .895 because I was always in and out.

Yes, at one point last night I was down 5 million. I have been down 10 million before but recovered in another week.

My point is that I can live my life now with 6% return, enjoy my time here and be comfortable. Or I can lay it all down and see what happens. At 42 years old and solid work experience to fall back on, I prefer to risk it. I can accept a rise of 2 - 3 cents and sleep well at night.

The CAD dollar popped yesterday because US factory production dropped and $CDN resource prices increased. That's no different than employment numbers, rates, etc.

I believe (along with many experts) that the $CDN will be dropping this year. If the bias switches or numbers pick up, then I would reverse my short.

I would rather have 1 chance at making it big than living a normal life day to day.

And if you did 'make it'...what would you do...buy one of those status symbol cars and look like a plonker with a status symbol car....make new friends who only like you for your money...seems the upside versus merely comfortably is of limited value apart from for extremely vacuous personalities.

Ever-so detailed advice from one who hasn't presumably.

Edited by SheungWan

So I'm contemplating placing a buy (short) at .8981 to walk away with 1 million baht and sell short at .9040 as this damn pattern is up and down more times than a Soi 6 mattress.:) This is exactly the reason why I lost big time 3 weeks ago but I never learn…

I sold out and watched the dollar drop 3 cents with nothing in the game. Originally I was going in for the long haul but these big .0050 swings could make me 3 million baht per day. Placing a buy at .9082 Mar 13 contract. It hit 3 times in 24 hours then every time blew up to .9040 so now I'm just pissed….

Today at 10:24 Mar 13 selling at .9002 Total paper loss today of 1.1 million baht So the point is I could have closed yesterday for a 1.2 million gain. That is how I used to do it….small gains. Then I missed the big slide from .93 to .895 because I was always in and out.

Yes, at one point last night I was down 5 million. I have been down 10 million before but recovered in another week.

My point is that I can live my life now with 6% return, enjoy my time here and be comfortable. Or I can lay it all down and see what happens. At 42 years old and solid work experience to fall back on, I prefer to risk it. I can accept a rise of 2 - 3 cents and sleep well at night.

The CAD dollar popped yesterday because US factory production dropped and $CDN resource prices increased. That's no different than employment numbers, rates, etc.

I believe (along with many experts) that the $CDN will be dropping this year. If the bias switches or numbers pick up, then I would reverse my short.

I would rather have 1 chance at making it big than living a normal life day to day.

And if you did 'make it'...what would you do...buy one of those status symbol cars and look like a plonker with a status symbol car....make new friends who only like you for your money...seems the upside versus merely comfortably is of limited value apart from for extremely vacuous personalities.

Ive done very well little man. If i want a mercedes or two i can buy them in spare cash, plus a few condos. My advice is from the perspective of knowing.

Ive done very well little man. If i want a mercedes or two i can buy them in spare cash, plus a few condos. My advice is from the perspective of knowing.

post-35218-0-26198400-1391574107.jpg

• Like 1

younger age groups do not encounter the shrivel factor which occurs after age 60 unsure.png

Do you not know of any stimulous package that would result in firming of the Dong or are you wary of any rise being just short term?

Yes, the Bank of Vietnam is well known for practising early withdrawal of liquidity with the result that the Dong remains firm, atleast for as long as needed

• Like 2

younger age groups do not encounter the shrivel factor which occurs after age 60 unsure.png

Do you not know of any stimulous package that would result in firming of the Dong or are you wary of any rise being just short term?

i am well aware of the various available packages and i consider them the most important inventions besides the wheel and prik nam pla laugh.png

• Like 1

Covered my short at .8983 because I couldn't sleep at night. Net gain in 4 days = 630,000 baht. :) Biggest paper loss was showing 5 million. Anyways, for now I'm going to relax and party in Pattaya tomorrow night. :) Easy money if you get it right.

• Like 1

Covered my short at .8983 because I couldn't sleep at night. Net gain in 4 days = 630,000 baht. smile.png Biggest paper loss was showing 5 million. Anyways, for now I'm going to relax and party in Pattaya tomorrow night. smile.png Easy money if you get it right.

Good idea, take a trip to Pattaya to spend your well earned money.

FYI , I noticed that the bridge at the exit of the highway on Sukhumvit and the one over road #36 have occupants already, but maybe you can make new friends.

It seems that this topic is finally going into a "slow death" mode. The winners are grinners & gloating, partying etc. The losers are very quiet! It has had enormous interest - 100+ replies within 1 week!

Once, I was a "goer" - a "high achiever" - now NO! Is it fear of losing, old age, comfortable of where I am? - maybe all of the above.

What is your biggest win? What is your biggest loss? Over the years, what is the net profit/loss situation? The emotional thrills/pain? Was it worth the journey? Why?

It seems that this topic is finally going into a "slow death" mode. The winners are grinners & gloating, partying etc. The losers are very quiet! It has had enormous interest - 100+ replies within 1 week!

Once, I was a "goer" - a "high achiever" - now NO! Is it fear of losing, old age, comfortable of where I am? - maybe all of the above.

What is your biggest win? What is your biggest loss? Over the years, what is the net profit/loss situation? The emotional thrills/pain? Was it worth the journey? Why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ever plan to enter and play the market it again, i am sure it will be options on futures in the commodity market.

I am sure it is not easy or stress-free but it makes the most sense for multiplying capitol.

it's not easy to multiply a capitol and it takes a lot of money... i think ermm.gif

US_Capitol.jpg

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1

I ever plan to enter and play the market it again, i am sure it will be options on futures in the commodity market.

I am sure it is not easy or stress-free but it makes the most sense for multiplying capitol.

it's not easy to multiply a capitol and it takes a lot of money... i think ermm.gif

US_Capitol.jpg

Awesome catch for someone who's first language isn't English. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

US_Capitol.jpg

Awesome catch for someone who's first language isn't English. thumbsup.gif

I think Naam's first language is Pedantish.

• Like 1