Hotels In Samui?

thai_time

I am getting married next february in Bangkok. My family are all heading down to Samui after the wedding. I have to arrange a hotel for them. I am looking foe somewhere that is nice with a pool on the beach. Under 2500 baht/room. Anyone have any suggestions or recomendations.

• 3 months later...

I am getting married next february in Bangkok. My family are all heading down to Samui after the wedding. I have to arrange a hotel for them. I am looking foe somewhere that is nice with a pool on the beach. Under 2500 baht/room. Anyone have any suggestions or recomendations.

not sure where you sholud stay... but keep in mind chaweng beach on samui is very touristy.

i can also recommend (if you do stay at chaweng) DO NOT stay at seascape. Its crap

I've heard Lamai is quite sleazy from a friend who was recently there.

Big Buddha, Mae Nam, the nothern side is probably your best bet for non-touristy, non-sleazy medium budget hotels.

I have only just come back from Samui, so if you can let me know where abouts you are going to be staying, I may be able to help.

We stayed in Choemong Beach for a week, Chaewang for a week and then a few days in Bohput Beach.

Cheweng Garden is a great place to stay, about 1000-1500 per night.

Right next to the night life and better then most of the 2000-2500 baht hotels.

Lamai and the other places are not as good as cheweng.

I,ve stayed in a place called Lamai Wanta several times,as you can guess its in Lamai,they have large(ish)bungalows next to the beach with the usual things of swimming pool and (good)restuartant .

The place is small and they have about 10 bungalows which have a good deal of space between each other,then there are the hotel rooms which are nothing special.

The price of a bungalow is about 1800 baht a night .

I think Lamai is ok,as development is running crazy on Samui,the road through the middle ,adjecent to the beach is a bit of a nightmare if you have any kids with you though.

I dont have the hotel contact at hand but its on Google.

Have a good time where ever you go.

Cheers :o