Pheu Thai Party plans harsh reaction to protesters, Democrat Party

webfact

Pheu Thai Party plans harsh reaction to protesters, Democrat Party
By Digital Content

13914816604408.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 4 - The ruling Pheu Thai Party is lodging a complaint with the Election Commission (EC), demanding legal action against anti-government protesters who disrupted Sunday's general election.

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said the EC will be asked to take action against Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), and nine accomplices for their unlawful activities and obstructing voters from exercising their rights.

He said the protesters violated the Election Law, and that the EC should also file lawsuits against the protesters in the Civil Court for breaking into the government printing house and damaging printed ballots.

He said the protesters disrupted elections in Bangkok and the South on Sunday and forced election officials to close polling stations in many constituencies.

Mr Prompong said the EC should urgently stop Mr Suthep and his supporters from obstructing the rescheduled advance election on Feb 23 and new elections in constituencies where balloting was unsuccessful on Sunday.

He warned that election commissioners will be charged with negligence if they failed to act against the protesters, adding that the protesters have blocked the pre-election preparations and balloting for almost a month while the EC had not done anything.

He called on the EC to set new election date within a week in nine provinces where balloting was cancelled and nine other provinces which managed to hold elections in certain, but not all, constituencies.

"Organising elections is the EC's responsibility. Don't pass the buck to other government agencies," said Mr Prompong.

He said the Pheu Thai legal team will also submit a complaint to the EC, in its capacity as registrar for political parties, seeking to dissolve the Democrat Party for violating the Political Party Act by supporting the PDRC's rallies and attempting to change the country's political system from democratic rule. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-04

• Like 1

A regime in decline and it's leaders facing prosecution should be taken seriously when making threats. Now they start with the EC. Soon there may be bullets and grenades flying to a larger scale than before.

US are warning against a coup. Do their phonetaps say there is one in preparation?

Don't forget that the missunderstood fugitive decided for destruction in the past too when his toy was taken from him. He has enough mean dogs in charge to start havoc.

You don't need a crystal ball to predict anything the PTP will pull on , the next will be the arrest of all protest leaders , if and when they win back office, the next will be a set of rules that prohibit anyone smiling, singing, talking and opposing the PTP, all of Thailand, the directive states , will enjoy the PTP like it or not and Thaskin will return regardless of the law or protests, wounder if he can run faster than a speeding bullet bah.gif

On the contrary. The EC are not a police unit.

If anyone failed the it was the PTP who stood by and allowed the blockades to happen. They control the police and the military (allegedly) not the EC.

I suggest that the courts actually consider who is exactly at fault for allowing this to happen and come down hard on them.

On the contrary. The EC are not a police unit.

If anyone failed the it was the PTP who stood by and allowed the blockades to happen. They control the police and the military (allegedly) not the EC.

I suggest that the courts actually consider who is exactly at fault for allowing this to happen and come down hard on them.

Why would the PTP want to stop the protesters from blockading the voting areas around Bangkok, if anything it was a smart move to let the Protesters disrupt the voting in Bangkok as this was not the PTP strong area, in fact it is a Democrat area. Good move by Yingluck's Party. Most of the PTP areas up north voted as normally, looks like she has kicked a goal again.

Prompong is now again acting in his capacity of delegating authority and punishment in Thailand, and is giving the EC marching orders - do what I say, or else. He seems to have a fanciful idea as to what the EC's power is and what their mandate includes. From all the power he seems to think is at their fingertips, they sound more powerful than the police, the army, and the courts combined. And with Prompong's steady hand, he can delegate the punishment as well. His list is large - all the protesters on the streets and the dissolution of the Democratic party. And once the population is securely in jail and the Democratic party no longer exists, Prompong can update on EC's further responsibilities later. And they should keep in mind that they will be subject to prosecution themselves, if they do not march in step. In spite of securing a maximum of a 387 seat quorum-less parliament, and am now in political oblivion, Pheu Thai have never abdicated their role of being the be all and end all of all things.

EC will throw it right back and tell them it's the Police's job to file charges, so wait to hear Tarit screaming about how he will bring down all corruption and arrest everyone for anything. And all this coming from a "spokesman" who should already be in jail, it's getting laughable.

'Organising elections is the EC's responsibility. Don't pass the buck to other government agencies," said Mr Prompong.'

It's not the EC's fault. Blame the govt policies that created the protest movement, blame the more intransigent members of the protest movement, blame suthep [please god, blame suthep] but don't point fingers at the EC because they won't play lap dog and break election laws.

Finally, surely all the things you want the EC to do to stop protesters are the job of the police.

That bit about passing the buck is just beautifully ironic, but I'm guessing this guy can't see that.

As for supporting rallies against the govt being anti democratic, well that is just more totalitarian double speak.

What part of the Election Commissions responsibilities do you not understand?

Its responsibilities include the organization, management and counting of all elections and voting in the Kingdom, all procedures and staff will also be under the Commission's administration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Commission_of_Thailand

More than you it would seem.

• Like 1

More intimidation tactics, 50 EC officials have already resigned, the Pheu Thai pigs must be so desperate to put more fire and blame on EC and co. to save their own sorry face.

You might be referring to a news report which inaccurately said all 50 of the 50 Bangkok khet election chiefs had resigned...I remember seeing that myself...but that story turned out to be bogus (based on rumor) as only three resigned...and maybe a fourth from Laksi when the shooting occurring last Saturday. See the last paragraph in this 4 Feb 14 Nation news article regarding where voting did not occur...like 3 Khets in Bangkok; not all 50.

What will the PTP do when the thousands of farmers and red shirts march into Bangkok? These people voted for and supported the Shin Dynasty, than they were lied to and cheated. Will will have P1 students and parents marching because of the " One Student One Tablet Program " which has not worked, but was used to buy votes. The cost of living has increased, but the Taxi Drivers have not been allowed to increase the Taxi fare.

• Like 1

'Organising elections is the EC's responsibility. Don't pass the buck to other government agencies," said Mr Prompong.'

It's not the EC's fault. Blame the govt policies that created the protest movement, blame the more intransigent members of the protest movement, blame suthep [please god, blame suthep] but don't point fingers at the EC because they won't play lap dog and break election laws.

Finally, surely all the things you want the EC to do to stop protesters are the job of the police.

That bit about passing the buck is just beautifully ironic, but I'm guessing this guy can't see that.

As for supporting rallies against the govt being anti democratic, well that is just more totalitarian double speak.

Problem passing the buck hereabouts,someone trousers it on the way ,the 3 card trick or find the lady,be lucky

What will the PTP do when the thousands of farmers and red shirts march into Bangkok? These people voted for and supported the Shin Dynasty, than they were lied to and cheated. Will will have P1 students and parents marching because of the " One Student One Tablet Program " which has not worked, but was used to buy votes. The cost of living has increased, but the Taxi Drivers have not been allowed to increase the Taxi fare.

The trouble is of course.........

The farmers are not anti-government or anti-PTP. They just want their money.

How many of these farmers are also a way of getting lots of pro-government supporters into Bangkok under the guise of "farmers".

Logistical nightmare ? If these farmers put on a whistle they can go around and get free food and drink from the PDRC sites, everything free, and then can easily move over to pro-government or anti-coup rallies at a later stage. In effect the PDRC will be paying (via free food and drink) to keep them in Bangkok until any such pro-government rally is called later on, should a coup or something happen.

You appear to be getting lulled into believing that the farmers are turning against PTP, when in fact the elections were held without problem all over the Central/North/North East area.

They just want their money - and their protests apply pressure not only to the caretaker government but also to the whole system.

Anyway, the issue of this thread is that some PDRC supporters broke the election laws, and therefore they must be punished according to the law. Remember "NO AMNESTY"

All in my opinion of course.

• Like 2

Some of the protestors have broken the law. Blocking voters, blocking elections, causing polling stations to close, breaking into printing houses of ballets etc... are all crimes under the laws of Thailand.

The protestors cannot claim "amnesty".

They have broken the law and the EC should file charges against them and criminal convictions should follow against all guilty.

Or are the PDRC now saying that they can break the law and others cannot ?

There is only a few thousand protestors left, its never been over 0.5% of the countries population and is mostly always below 0.1%.

All law breakers must be punished in a court of law. This problem of not prosecuting law breakers goes back to 2008 and those blocking the airports, dangerous precedents were set then by Abhisit/Democrats of rewarding some airport block participants with cabinet positions (like Foreign Minister).............. this is the problem of setting precedents.

I don't why you included all that in response to my post. I said that it is the police's job to keep the protesters at bay from the polling booths and the other issues you mentioned, not the EC.

As for amnesties, I am against them, especially for the cowardly thugs who used violence throughout this whole mess, from both sides. Murder and violence should not go unpunished.

• Like 1

Nopadon is really a prize buffoon.

"Harsh action" means getting the EC to take legal cases with Kamnan SooSoo and his band?

Whatever happened to the ultra macho CAPO? The 72 hours and it's all over?

"Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said the EC will be asked to take action against Suthep Thaugsuban"

"and that the EC should also file lawsuits against the protesters in the Civil Court"

"Mr Prompong said the EC should urgently stop Mr Suthep and his supporters"

"He warned that election commissioners will be charged with negligence if they failed to act"

"He called on the EC to set new election date within a week"

"Organising elections is the EC's responsibility. Don't pass the buck to other government agencies," said Mr Prompong."

"He said the Pheu Thai legal team will also submit a complaint to the EC"

so let me get this right - bully boy PTP wants to get the EC to do all the fighting on it's behalf. At the same time it wants to hold the EC responsible for the election problems.

They boy is more than a little confused.......

• Like 1

All this hot air about the abuse of people's voting rights, one would have expected tens of millions of complaints....

However, the truth is:

"Police are investigating 55 cases of alleged election law violations"

"22 cases were complaints against the protest leaders for blocking voters from exercising their right and 14 cases were complaints of alleged nonfeasance against election officials, Piya said."

"In ten cases, voters were accusing of destroying ballots while three shop owners were accused of violating the ban on alcoholic sale on the election day until 6 pm of the following day."

Oh dear me.......

Some of the protestors have broken the law. Blocking voters, blocking elections, causing polling stations to close, breaking into printing houses of ballets etc... are all crimes under the laws of Thailand.

They have broken the law and the EC should file charges against them and criminal convictions should follow against all guilty.

There is only a few thousand protestors left, its never been over 0.5% of the countries population and is mostly always below 0.1%.

All law breakers must be punished in a court of law. This problem of not prosecuting law breakers goes back to 2008 and those blocking the airports, dangerous precedents were set then by Abhisit/Democrats of rewarding some airport block participants with cabinet positions (like Foreign Minister).............. this is the problem of setting precedents.

I don't why you included all that in response to my post. I said that it is the police's job to keep the protesters at bay from the polling booths and the other issues you mentioned, not the EC.

As for amnesties, I am against them, especially for the cowardly thugs who used violence throughout this whole mess, from both sides. Murder and violence should not go unpunished.

It is the EC's job (duty) to ask the police for assistance to keep the protestors at bay from the polling booths.

It is the EC's job (duty) to ask the police for assistance to keep the protestors at bay from the polling booths.

Yes, but this was a situation where it was clear that was going to be a need and the police knew that. They should have done their duty without anyone needing to tell them.

Did the EC actually ask for support?

What part of the Election Commissions responsibilities do you not understand?

Its responsibilities include the organization, management and counting of all elections and voting in the Kingdom, all procedures and staff will also be under the Commission's administration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Commission_of_Thailand

And why don't you understand that it is the Police's job/function to actually "enforce" anything . . . ? EC is administrative only and use other bodies to implement things, such as Police for securing polling stations. Get it now?

Organisation ring a bell? If they need police to guard the polling stations the EC needs to ask them to do that. However the police were unarmed to avoid confrontation. They cannot legislate for sutheps goons arriving tooled up with Tavors. I don't blame the police at all for not mixing it with sutheps "peaceful" warriors - I'm pretty dam_n sure you wouldn't be at the front of the line trying to deal with those idiots, unless you've got a death wish.

As far as the EC are concerned I don't have a lot of faith when they cannot even arrange EC officials to turn up and open the stations in the first place. It's not as if the election came as a suprise. You could be mistaken for thinking that they were trying their hardest not to have an election. At least one of them has accepted some responsibility

Election Commission member Somchai Srisuthiyakorn's offer to step down from his responsibilities for holding the election has been turned down by the other commissioners.
Somchai said he would comply with the EC's resolution and continue his role in organising the election.

He offered his resignation as his way of showing responsibility for the lack of success in Sunday's election. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/EC-asks-Somchai-to-continue-30225917.html

And weren't 200,000 police supposed to have been assigned to do this, according the announcements just before the election, wonder where they all were on-the-day ? whistling.gif

"Posted 2014-01-29 17:23:46

200,000 policemen to keep security on election day

BANGKOK: -- An estimated half of the 400,000 strong police force will be dispatched to maintain law and order on the election day this Sunday, according to a senior police officer.

Pol Lt-General Amnart Anatngam, assistant national police chief who heads the police centre to maintain peace during the election, said that more than 200,000 policemen would be deployed, and more than 50,000 of them commissioned officers. Those are in addition to 1,450 rapid deployment units on standby at police stations, he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-29"

They can't all have been on motorcade-duty in Udon Thani ! wink.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701602-wounded-red-shirt-hardliner-kwanchai-gets-a-big-police-guard-en-route-to-ballot-box/

• Like 1