Abhisit claims Section 68 of constitution for not participating in elections

webfact

It is clear that whatever color they are wearing, they all want "reform" and i agree it is about time. But after the reforms, the police will go home with less money, the customs guy will go home without pocket money, the Sukhumvit shopkeeper will go home empty handed as he cannot sell fake brands anymore, the Farmacists will complain because they will have to sell patented medicines and not copies, the taxi drivers will have to drive around with official callibrated meters etc. etc. are they very sure they want reform because if you like it or not, reform starts at your doorstep!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he still has his British Passport?

of course as he needed to get into LOS in the first place when he left Newcastle family home ,he wouldny give up his UK passport would he

Considering the fact that he is Thai. He would enter on his Thai passport .. Thailand has had an embassy or consulate in England for over 100 years. So I don't think a problem getting one.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anyone have a copy of section 68 in English?

From the Constitution:
Section 68. No person shall exercise the rights and
liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic
regime of government with the King as Head of the State under
this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by
any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in
this Constitution.
In the case where a person or a political party has
committed the act under paragraph one, the person knowing of
such act shall have the right to request the Prosecutor General to
investigate its facts and submit a motion to the Constitutional Court
for ordering cessation of such act without, however, prejudice to
the institution of a criminal action against such person.
In the case where the Constitutional Court makes a
decision compelling the political party to cease to commit the act
under paragraph two, the Constitutional Court may order the
dissolution of such political party.
In the case where the Constitutional Court issues an
order dissolving the political party under paragraph three, the right
to vote of the dissolved political party’s leader and executive
committee members at the time of the commission of the offence
under paragraph one shall be suspended for the period of five
years as from the date of such order of the Constitutional Court.

I know common sense doesn't exist here but..

If you are in the minority, you need to adjust your thinking to increase your numbers. I suppose that never occurs to them.

That doesn't work very well for minorities that can't change things ... such as race, sexual preference, etc.

Even political groups shouldn't change if they are doing what they believe is right.

That is however why they tend not to take narrow stand points and policies, and try to have a broad appeal, if they want to be elected.

"Hey we're the democrats, we represent the wealthy and educated in a developing 2nd world country.

Can all 10 of you please vote for us?"

It's like a Ferrari salesman in bangkok moaning that he can't sell as many cars as the salesman in central London.

Excellent.

Its now a fight between the 'invisible hands'. All other leaders on all sides are just paid puppets. All puppets have the money or a second passport to fly out when it becomes really bad. The ordinary Thai people from the North to South will suffer, as everywhere on this planet in conflicts.

Edited by Mentors

Texas shootout coming up at the Constitutional Court.

Last tome it took how many months when the Thaksin party and the smaller parties got the chop and the Dems survived?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

of course as he needed to get into LOS in the first place when he left Newcastle family home ,he wouldny give up his UK passport would he

Considering the fact that he is Thai. He would enter on his Thai passport .. Thailand has had an embassy or consulate in England for over 100 years. So I don't think a problem getting one.

There is no record of AV (or Korn) having formally renounced UK citizenship. Hence both still have it. They can apply for passports any time, if they don't have current ones.

• Like 1

There is no record of AV (or Korn) having formally renounced UK citizenship. Hence both still have it. They can apply for passports any time, if they don't have current ones.

And how would you go about checking if someone else is a UK citizen?

Is there a department of the Home office who just tell people this information about UK citizens (it wouldn't surprise me)

PS : I am correct in stating that due to birth parents the Thai nationality takes precedent. Right? So what's the problem?

Edited by casualbiker

Abhisit is desperate and clutching at straws as he watches his political career crumbling.

Once he gets convicted for the murder charges against him for the deaths in 2010, he will never be allowed to return to politics anyway.

Seriously deluded ! Abhisit is watching the PT crooks crumble and just sitting back waiting.

He will never be convicted of those bullshit charges that were invented purely to make him and Suteb agree to the bullshit amnesty bill to absolve themselves. We all know it. Total waste of the court's time, but might hopefully open a Pandora's Box of dirt against Taksin and co during the evidence of the trial, here's hoping...:D

. This lot aren't going to let abhisit any where near a leadership post until they are 100% sure he won't lose again.
  • Like 1

Is there a department of the Home office who just tell people this information about UK citizens (it wouldn't surprise me)

PS : I am correct in stating that due to birth parents the Thai nationality takes precedent. Right? So what's the problem?

The embassy isn't going to tell you

Precedence to whom?

To the UK, he is British born and therefore enjoys of the privileges and rights of any subject of the Crown.

No one in Thailand, to date, has demanded that Abhisit formally and publicly should renounce his British citizenship.

The Democrats do not regard this as an important issue. It rather lends prestige to the party having a British born leader of their party. So much for the purity and probity of Thainess.

Precedence to whom?

To the UK, he is British born and therefore enjoys of the privileges and rights of any subject of the Crown.

No one in Thailand, to date, has demanded that Abhisit formally and publicly should renounce his British citizenship.

The Democrats do not regard this as an important issue. It rather lends prestige to the party having a British born leader of their party. So much for the purity and probity of Thainess.

Who cares.....

Why do all the people involved in this shambles seem to be so abjectly stupid? Is it really all so hard? Perhaps not if the people involved truly love their country more than themselves but from my point of view I see only selfishness - maybe

I am reading the wrong news reports?

Stupid politicians!
In Cambodia, opposition boycotts the parliament and requests new election...

In Thaïland, opposition is not happy with the government, the government organizes new election despite it was elected by the majority without the claims of fraud at the time of the election, but the same whiners boycott the election which has been offered to them!

I will never understand politicians...

• Like 1