Dynasat Problems

sezzo

Since last sunday Agila KU satelite has been unavailable. Previously the coded channels were able to be viewed but since last sunday only the FTA ones on this satelite have been available.

Got my wife to speak to the local installer and he said there was some sort of copyright problem but as my wifes technical understanding is not the best and my thai is limited I cant find out what the problem is. I was told to check it out on the dynasat website but everytime I open it up I cant get the english version to work.

Anyone else out there have the same problem and know what the solution is. Its a bit frustrating as its the only satelite that I can use to view Oz sports.

Thanks

This happened last december as well. The fact is that they send a scrambled signal and normally your decoder will find the right key to unscramble the code. Agila is changing the key a few times a day (you notice a message "updating key") but once and a while Agila makes some other changes as well so the decoders cannot update. Last time Jsat offered a free update software to all TV members so we now have to wait again until Dynasat releases the new software and distribute it to all dealers.

Other dealers will upload the software on their website, for you to download and install or to ask your dealer to do it for you.

There are some sites offering the key's, means you have to use your remote to set the new key.

Rono

Once again I checked the website for dynasat and could not go to the english version. I did however see a new 4 digit code. Where is this code used at on the setup of the system and also the longer code mentioned in the previous post, where is this one used. I have searched through the instruction book and cannot find where to insert this code.

Like I said the website is all in thai with some english translation so its a bit hard to work out what to do

Once again I checked the website for dynasat and could not go to the english version. I did however see a new 4 digit code. Where is this code used at on the setup of the system and also the longer code mentioned in the previous post, where is this one used. I have searched through the instruction book and cannot find where to insert this code.

Like I said the website is all in thai with some english translation so its a bit hard to work out what to do

I encountered the same problem sezzo.

May be some one can help us out :o

Just one week ago I lost dynasat just after heavy rain started in the afternoon.

3 days ago it came back in the afternoon,but it lasted only 11/2 hour.

Yesterday it came back again in the afternoon and also after about 2 hours it was gone.

This morning it was back.

I simply don't do anything and wait (mai pen rai) but I must admit I have some more dishes on my roof :D

You don't need to click the english button, it doesn't work. If you notice on the homepage they have English & Thai. Everything that is written in thai is there in English. If you click on How to upgrade it shows you the RS-232 calbe you need, only problem can't find the cable here you have to make one----at least my friends haven't found one yet. click on the type receiver you have and shouldn't be a problem to download to your computer and transfer to your receiver if you have the correct cable.

beachbunny

I was too optimistic this morning.

At 14.50hr. it disappeared and did not return uptill now (21.19 hr)

Let's wait.

There is a website that publishes all sat codes and refreshes them by the minute.

Anybody know,I lost it unfortunately(it's a thai website) :o

You don't need to click the english button, it doesn't work. If you notice on the homepage they have English & Thai. Everything that is written in thai is there in English. If you click on How to upgrade it shows you the RS-232 calbe you need, only problem can't find the cable here you have to make one----at least my friends haven't found one yet. click on the type receiver you have and shouldn't be a problem to download to your computer and transfer to your receiver if you have the correct cable.

beachbunny

Hi Beachbunny

JSAT (http://www.jsat.tv/) sells them for 200 baht plus 120 baht for shipping EMS. Go to JSAT website, MESSAGE BOARD. Then register, go to UPGRADE SECTION/Silverbox/F1/Angelbox upgrade section. Then scroll down to UPGRADE CABLE - WANT ONE? Hope this helps. :o

Greg

Edited by Thaigreg

And this morning it was back again around 09.50 till 15.50.

It looks like a daily pattern.

In my opinion it cannot be the code,because it is coming and going.

Anybody?

i think whats happened,every time the key changes ie 00 or 01 it updates the code, if the key is 00

that key is on the old soft ware and the box can auto update,if the key is on 01 its on new software and the box cant auto update, a thai agent guy explained to me saying its got something to do with the E,C,M,( i think). the new software can auto update the 2 keys

I had the local dynasat guy at my place this morning and he copied the latest update or code for me to my box and said there should be no worries from now on. Another farang friend in the area tells me that this happens every six months or so.

Anyhow I know the situation now and wont get so worried next time. The only problem was that I missed the first state of origin match in sydney (Ozzie rugby league).

Thanks to all that contributed advice

I had the local dynasat guy at my place this morning and he copied the latest update or code for me to my box and said there should be no worries from now on. Another farang friend in the area tells me that this happens every six months or so.

Anyhow I know the situation now and wont get so worried next time. The only problem was that I missed the first state of origin match in sydney (Ozzie rugby league).

Thanks to all that contributed advice

if dynasat have downloaded the new software for you it should be ok (we hope)for a couple of months,in the meantime ask them to show you how to input the code manually,you should be off for less than a hour a day next time they upgrade their software

• 3 weeks later...

The Angelbox network is down according to another forum:

"Server has been shut down" - it will take them longer this time to fix the problem as engineers will have to fly to many countries to fix the problem. So it will be back it is now just a matter of when.

• 3 weeks later...
Any news on the Angelbox network yet?

:o

what ive been reading on the satellite forums,angel box is dead and buried ,

the servers wont be coming back.

some you win,some you lose

Any news on the Angelbox network yet?

:o

Dear Customer,

Now AngelBox service is under improving.

Pls. wait for its finishing for this moment. As been advised from Factory, it takes many days that not able to give the exactly now.

And since sales team is healding Dealer Seminar in Nortern province.

Will back around mid of mid of next week.

Pls. call for faster sevice as we cannot monitor e-mail the whole day.

Only 2-3 times per days.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

DYNASAT

DYNAMIC SATCOM CO.,LTD.

DYNASAT Building

158 ,158/ 1-2, Soi Wongsawang 21,

Wongsawang Rd., Bangsue,

Bangkok, 10800 Thailand

Tel : (66) 2 910 8935 -9, (66) 2 910 7682-6

Fax : (66) 2 587 2443

www.dynasat.com

This statement was from Dynasat on 30 Jun 06.

I got my service guy.

Did something not understandable for me and voila...there was everything back. :o

I only lost FOX to be replaced by Wine Channel :D

Yes, Dream TV still works on the Angelbox as are the FTA channels, but no Multichoice, Astro, or Telkomvision.

My local satellite guy told me that Dynasat has instructed them to take all references to the pay tv channels (Astro, multichoice,...) of their publicity, wether it's the local dealer's brochure or website or whatever...

This sounds a bit like they got into some hot water from those company's or maybe even UBC...

So not to sure they will get on-line again...

At least DreamTV is still working, although their quality is not very good (low bitrate, fuzzy image especially on big size projection screen)... Do note that with the correct software the Angelbox is still auto updating and no keys are needed!

As said before, you lose some, you win some...

Sorry Jai Dee, I was not very clear, it's only Dream which is still auto updating :o

Another pessimistic post I found somewhere:

Angelbox and MDM will not work anymore. The CEO of the company that made these machines had been arrested in Korea.

Both company that run these servers Dongwon and Hutro Corporation is under investigation by the Korean authority.

Unfortunately it rimes with Dynasat ordering their dealers to remove all references to any Pay tv network...

Sorry Jai Dee, I was not very clear, it's only Dream which is still auto updating :o

Another pessimistic post I found somewhere:

Angelbox and MDM will not work anymore. The CEO of the company that made these machines had been arrested in Korea.

Both company that run these servers Dongwon and Hutro Corporation is under investigation by the Korean authority.

Unfortunately it rimes with Dynasat ordering their dealers to remove all references to any Pay tv network...

Bummer... I've only had the system 3 months. :D

HA,

you're lucky!!!

I got it installed on the 5th of june, and it stopped working the 10th I think....

Not complaining though, you know with systems like that it's always a gamble....

Still, a bit longer then 5 days would have been nice :o