When should i come?

gameyey

Thank you HooHaa, i can't imagine it would be breaking any law to spend money i earned, especially if i anyway have to start paying tax on it here in Norway.

I haven't booked yet, but very likely i'll take a flight late march, and stay in phuket or koh samui until going to chiang mai just before songkran.

Unfortunately i will probably have a return ticket on this trip (within 30 or 60day visa), but then i can do some local research and perhaps come to stay longer next time.

Thank you HooHaa, i can't imagine it would be breaking any law to spend money i earned, especially if i anyway have to start paying tax on it here in Norway.

I haven't booked yet, but very likely i'll take a flight late march, and stay in phuket or koh samui until going to chiang mai just before songkran.

Unfortunately i will probably have a return ticket on this trip (within 30 or 60day visa), but then i can do some local research and perhaps come to stay longer next time.

Actually you would be breaking a law but I wouldn't worry about it, there are literally hundreds of guys and girls making a full time living on the Internet in Chiang Mai without Work Permits. There are also many who lead nomadic lifestyles where they travel from country to country using the Internet to make money to finance their travels. It would be impossible for them to get work permits for each country they visit so they don't.

The only way you are likely to have any problems with the law for working online is if you go to the local Police Station and tell them..and then I am guessing they still wouldn't care.

Don't bother listening to the sad old guys on this forum

. Unless the 'Internet Police' xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png actually catch you red handed loading your paypal account with you online clients money after they have been secretly monitoring your computer from an unmarked police car, while the cleaner who is an undercover police officer has also bugged your room, the hotel manager being paid off, of course. You will then have to appear on Thai Television recreating your crime before you are deported and never allowed in the country again.

In reality the only policemen you are likely to see in your time in Chiang Mai will be flagging down motorcylists without helmets or directing traffic,,,this is the truth of it.

Do your work in the comfort of your own room, respect and enjoy the country and don't listen to 95% of the sad sacks on the Thai Visa forum is my advice to you.

Edited by anonymouse
  • Like 2