Farmers plan to seize Commerce Ministry in Bangkok

webfact

Farmers plan to seize Commerce Ministry in Bangkok

PNPOL570205001000901_05022014_041441.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 February 2014 (NNT) - Rice growers from central and western provinces plan to escalate their protests against the government by moving to Bangkok and seizing the Commerce Ministry.

Farmers have been blocking Rama II road at the Wang Manao intersection in Ratchaburi since February 1 to protest against delayed payments owed to them under the rice-pledging scheme.

The network pointed out that the farmers have been rallying in Ratchaburi for several days but no government representatives have been sent to hold talks as demanded.

The group from rice-growing provinces including Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Pathom and Suphan Buri are traveling to Bangkok to demand their entitlements from the scheme.

The farmer group stated that if they are not compensated for the unmade payments, they will stay put in the capital from February 6th.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-05 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

As the Yingluck administration is beset with the prospect of ever more protests, Chalerm is now caught with trying to find a distinction between them - from placing the full weight of the law on one, while cowering from embarrassment from the other.

He has problems making a distinction between anything......he's proven his worth time and again.....failed badly at each project he's been assigned!

• Like 2

Farmers have a right to be angry, they've been craped on from a great height, whether they storm the commerce ministry building or not the question remains , where is the money that was promised, not much use telling the farmers , sorry we stuffed up no money for you, they need to live , life on the land like all countries is no picnic.

• Like 2

The DEM's and the DEM supporters have been telling you that this scheme would fail in parliament and on these forums for 3 years.

The chance of guessing heads or tails right is 50%.

Exactly how did it "fail". For whom. By how much? When? Why? etc. Define "fail". Looking forward to your 10 page analysis.

• Like 2

The DEM's and the DEM supporters have been telling you that this scheme would fail in parliament and on these forums for 3 years.

The chance of guessing heads or tails right is 50%.

Exactly how did it "fail". For whom. By how much? When? Why? etc. Define "fail". Looking forward to your 10 page analysis.

I assume your being sarcastic…I think this picture sums it up.

post-140765-0-22221300-1391601008_thumb.

As the Yingluck administration is beset with the prospect of ever more protests, Chalerm is now caught with trying to find a distinction between them - from placing the full weight of the law on one, while cowering from embarrassment from the other.

He has problems making a distinction between anything......he's proven his worth time and again.....failed badly at each project he's been assigned!

You don't have to be competent in your job as long as you kiss the right asses, you will get what you want.

Democracy that nobody in the world has ever witnessed. The Thai style of democracy that Yingluck said back in September she intended to promote throughout the west in 2014.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You must be brainwashed. Do you think these farmers are on the streets for nothing? The rice scheme not only failed but it is making the farmers suffer hardship as well.

Lets see.

1. No money to pay the farmers

2. No contract to sell the rice

3. No banks to loan them the money to pay the farmers.

4. Little chance someone will buy the rice now that it has become known internationally that a good portion is not really thai rice.

5. It would be impossible to sell the rice and pay the farmers without the gov losing money.

I won't even go into the facts that rice is missing and the corruption associated with this scheme.

Do you really think this scheme worked?

I think it only worked for the farmers paid in the north which in turn helped the PTP maintain their stronghold there and the majority vote.

Maybe this is working for you as well but that would mean you are selfish and unthinking and uncaring about these poor farmers caught in this mess.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bet many people think that Yingluck should resign, but she is still there doing whatever it is.

Someone should schedule a national TV interview with her. She owes an explanation of this rice scam to the tax payer of Thailand as well as the farmers who are screwed.

• Like 2

No Rice Protesters from Chang Mai ... Paid already ??? ... I guess if you vote for them ... you are looked after ....and stuff the rest .... True Democracy .... whistling.gif

There is no democracy in Thailand. It has been Shinawatra clan's dictatorship. Abhisit clearly mentioned at his interview that the government only supported where people voted for them. If the rice farmers in Chiang Mai are not protesting, they probably got paid.

The poor rice farmers are disparately need money.

People are waiting for PM's actions but not PM's reactions.

Where are all the criminals who stole the money?

They even don't name any suspects. What are they doing?

Is Yingluck clean?

• Like 1

"The network pointed out that the farmers have been rallying in Ratchaburi for several days but no government representatives have been sent to hold talks as demanded."

PT wanted to visit but couldn't get there. Someone was blocking the road.

more garbage from PT, so what's new?

I bet you he can make a distinction between a Chilean Merlot and a South African Cabernet.attachicon.gifwhy.jpg

Just goes to show that even Charlem has his good points. ;)

No Rice Protesters from Chang Mai ... Paid already ??? ... I guess if you vote for them ... you are looked after ....and stuff the rest .... True Democracy .... whistling.gif

I don't know anything either,but the way you don't know is not the same way as i don't know.

There are no farmers from Surin province either but they also haven't been paid,the poor bastards can't even afford to put diesel in their mini Kubota's let alone travel to a demonstration.

The amount of financial,political and investigative experts on TV amazes me,with 2 bottles of Singha you lot could put hundreds of "incompetent" experts out of work.

Dr Lerm should take a long swig of his favorite ear medicine, disguise himself as a peasant and go off with his sons to deal with these ungrateful clods of soil. A few accurate volleys from the pistol instructor would have the survivors high tailing it in no time. Then he can fly off to Dubai for a pat on the back and negotiate his reward.

Isn't there a queue list at the moment to seize government offices. First come first served ?

The problem with all this is of course the mentality is reinforces about seizing buildings and the like every time there is an issue. Since the seizure of the airport back in 09 it has become common practise here. This isnt to say the farmers don't have a right to be angry of course but the president that was set a few years back is now common practise.

Just adds to the problems and really helps no one. There is a lesson here and that is the farmers can no longer be written off as a second underclass to be used and abused by any government here. Things are evolving faster at a social level in demands to be treated fairly than I think any party here has realised. The current gov is woefully inept and the alternative opposition dosnt get or understand how deep the issues and expectations of a fast maturing working class population are either.

That Thailand has growing pains is an understatement.

Who it is that will evolve and adapt by realising this first im not totally sure but my bet is that it is more likely to come from the boots on the ground in the rural areas than those in their ivory towers.

We are living in interesting but fragile times here.

• Like 1