Pheu Thai threatens to petition UN if election is nullified

webfact

Similar to Thida's press conference on behalf of the reds. Tragic thing is, Red shirts and Puea Thai continue to deceive themselves with this fallacy that most the country support them and that this bother in Bangkok is a temporary attempt by the tiny Bangkok elite to disrupt a perfectly good democracy. Reality is, less than a third of the electorate voted for a party in this election so their dream that it will somehow legitimise a new parliament free of pesky opposition is all la la land. Their own foolishness is their own worst enemy.

If anything, the election was very democratic in proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority, the red shirts cannot claim to have 10s of millions behind them, and a lot of people were able to express properly that they have no faith in the present electoral process. If you want to be elected to rule you have follow the rules and if the rule of law determines the election was not fair, then how can you ever claim any legitimacy to govern?

cheesy.gif "Proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority"

Is that the same election I followed, where Suthep and the Democrats actively set out to completely stop the election as a result the 40 +% voted, not counting those that found their polling places closed, or factoring in the 10 million habitual non voting registered voters.

What I clearly witnesses was the majority of Thai 's came to the defense of the Thai Democracy by voting, showing how little a minority represented his followers (other then the men in black)! what more can you expect from one who lies about 6 million protesters at his rally, the stop the vote was only effective in the Democrats strongholds even with the fact the 89% of the country's polling places we open.

He lost a lot of people that may have wanted change but change under the rule of law, not change to get the rule of a lunatic!

Peace

Kokiman, you must have witnessed another election, but not the one here in Thailand of February 2, 2014.

Fact is, a majority of Thais did NOT go to vote, and of those who voted, many put a cross on "Vote NO".

Fact is, PT does NOT represent a majority of Thais.

And expects the UN to do ... what?

Well first the will get upset

Sent int American Troops

then British troops will follow

and The Austraila army will be right behind them

Pattaya girls will have a ball

as they most likely will not get past the red shirt army

post-13618-0-54285200-1391688086_thumb.p

Edited by tezzainoz

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>"Proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority"

Is that the same election I followed, where Suthep and the Democrats actively set out to completely stop the election as a result the 40 +% voted, not counting those that found their polling places closed, or factoring in the 10 million habitual non voting registered voters.

What I clearly witnesses was the majority of Thai 's came to the defense of the Thai Democracy by voting, showing how little a minority represented his followers (other then the men in black)! what more can you expect from one who lies about 6 million protesters at his rally, the stop the vote was only effective in the Democrats strongholds even with the fact the 89% of the country's polling places we open.

He lost a lot of people that may have wanted change but change under the rule of law, not change to get the rule of a lunatic!

Peace

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702415-thailand-live-thursday-6-feb-2014/?p=7400986

>majority of Thai 's came to the defense of the Thai Democracy by voting

There were 43,024,042 eligible voters. 46.79% of this number or 20,129,976 people cast their ballots

3,335,334 persons marked 'no vote' on their ballots

So 46.79% voted, 53.21.x% didnt vote - the majority didnt vote

>the stop the vote was only effective in the Democrats strongholds

In the Northern Region, 56.02% of eligible voters attended the polls and 21.18% of this group marked 'no vote'

In the Central Region, 41.04% of eligible voters cast their ballots; 23.31% of this group opted for 'no vote'

In the Northeastern Region, 55.31% of eligible voters took to the polls; 9.56% selected 'no vote'

In Bangkok, only 16.78% of eligible voters cast their ballots; 24.02% of this group marked 'no vote'.

Looks like not stopping the vote in north/central thailand didnt have much affect, approximately half of the people voted and a little over 1/5th of those who did vote voted No Party...

"Proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority"

Assuming PTP get every single vote cast (excluding the No Party votes) - and lets be honest, thats not likely - 16,794,642 of the 43,024,042 eligable voters voted for PTP - Thats not really a Majority.

When the final figures get announced, you will find PTP will get less than the 16,794,642 votes cast.

Ridiculous stats.

Developed democracies like USA, Canada and UK struggle to get over 60% turnout and that's without armed mobs trying to stop them voting and major political parties not taking part.

Under the circumstances the results you have published show an astonishing level of support for the Government.

You say "When the final figures get announced, you will find PTP will get less than the 16,794,642 votes cast."

That represents 83% of those who voted.("20,129,976 people cast their ballots") Those that didn't voluntarily gave up their right to complain at the result.

Any western democracy would be over the moon if any gov. could claim such support.

In the other topic with EC giving data on voter turnout:

"The EC secretary-general said there was a total of 43,024,786 eligible voters in the election. Of the total eligible voters, 20,530,359 or 47.72% showed up to cast their votes.

Of all the ballots casted by voters, he said 14,645,812 were valid or 71.34%, and 2,458,461 were invalid or 11.97%, and 3,426,080 were vote-no ballots or 16.69%."

So, even if Pheu Thai gets all the valid votes it's still only 71.34% of votes cast and about 34% of total possible votes. 'get all votes' is also close to a wishful thinking case.

In 2011 we had:

Registered electorate: 46,904,823

Total votes cast, both valid/invalid*: 35,469,811 (75.62%) (* 'no vote' = invalid)

party votes % of cast, % of regist.

Pheu Thai party: 15,744,190 votes (44.38% of cast, 33.57% of regist.) 265 seats

Democrat party: 11,433,762 votes (32.24% of cast, 24.38% of regist.) 159 seats

Doesn't seem that much thought has been given to the other 50 odd parties in this election.

PTP seem to think that despite only a bit more than 30% of voters selecting a participating human being, that its a vote to PTP.

They might well be asking the UN for permission to cancel the polls

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Come, come gentleman , you know, I know , that the UN has no legal right to decide anything internal in any country , so stop all this nonsense and babble and face the fact that if the court so desires , that it finds the election was invalid so be it , get on with it , you can't expect an answer from the UN for at least two years, so what are you going to do in the mean time, you lot would have to be the biggest lot of losers that have graced this planet earth since time began, you whinge about anything if and when it dosen't suit you , you're the failure of all time PTP, look at your track record of achievements and failures, go get a life.bah.gif

Excellent response clap2.gif

Similar to Thida's press conference on behalf of the reds. Tragic thing is, Red shirts and Puea Thai continue to deceive themselves with this fallacy that most the country support them and that this bother in Bangkok is a temporary attempt by the tiny Bangkok elite to disrupt a perfectly good democracy. Reality is, less than a third of the electorate voted for a party in this election so their dream that it will somehow legitimise a new parliament free of pesky opposition is all la la land. Their own foolishness is their own worst enemy.

If anything, the election was very democratic in proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority, the red shirts cannot claim to have 10s of millions behind them, and a lot of people were able to express properly that they have no faith in the present electoral process. If you want to be elected to rule you have follow the rules and if the rule of law determines the election was not fair, then how can you ever claim any legitimacy to govern?

cheesy.gif "Proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority"

Peace

Kokiman, you must have witnessed another election, but not the one here in Thailand of February 2, 2014.

Fact is, a majority of Thais did NOT go to vote, and of those who voted, many put a cross on "Vote NO".

Fact is, PT does NOT represent a majority of Thais.

+1

cheesy.gif"Proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority"

Peace

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702415-thailand-live-thursday-6-feb-2014/?p=7400986

>majority of Thai 's came to the defense of the Thai Democracy by voting

There were 43,024,042 eligible voters. 46.79% of this number or 20,129,976 people cast their ballots

3,335,334 persons marked 'no vote' on their ballots

So 46.79% voted, 53.21.x% didnt vote - the majority didnt vote

>the stop the vote was only effective in the Democrats strongholds

In the Northern Region, 56.02% of eligible voters attended the polls and 21.18% of this group marked 'no vote'

In the Central Region, 41.04% of eligible voters cast their ballots; 23.31% of this group opted for 'no vote'

In the Northeastern Region, 55.31% of eligible voters took to the polls; 9.56% selected 'no vote'

In Bangkok, only 16.78% of eligible voters cast their ballots; 24.02% of this group marked 'no vote'.

Looks like not stopping the vote in north/central thailand didnt have much affect, approximately half of the people voted and a little over 1/5th of those who did vote voted No Party...

"Proving that Puea Thai do not represent the majority"

Assuming PTP get every single vote cast (excluding the No Party votes) - and lets be honest, thats not likely - 16,794,642 of the 43,024,042 eligable voters voted for PTP - Thats not really a Majority.

When the final figures get announced, you will find PTP will get less than the 16,794,642 votes cast.

Please stop confusing some of the posters, they have enough trouble without you interfering.

When your party hasn't won an election in over 20 years is it any surprise that the LOSING party would not want to have another election knowing full well that they will LOSE again?

Why it is so difficult to understand that the anti govt protesters agenda is WE WANT OUR PEOPLE at the trough rather than YOUR people?...and since we know that can't happen through an election we will raise hell and demand that WE appoint the new government that WE want and the hell with what the voters might have to say.

Let the people vote without blocking booths and threats of violence and whoever wins wins.

It's not rocket science.

Oh that's rich... There are a number of jobs that are strictly forbidden for foreigners in this country and if memory serves me correct, that includes even janitor jobs but... Cleaning up their political mess, that's another story I guess. Truly amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The party blamed the Election Commission.

The EC said "don't hold elections on the 2nd of Feb because there will be major difficulties"

It also blamed the protesters.

The PTP said they would have 200 000 police around the country to ensure smooth elections.

Reality - The PTP didn't listen to the advice of the EC instead saying "we know best and "elections would be smooth". The 200 000 tomato police nor CMPO were capable of controlling the protestors as they had promised.

BUT BUT BUT…It is not our fault.

What you fail to say is that the election was by royal decree, so those that oppose it would they not be dishonoring that very royal decree?

And that after the dissolving of government it is lawful that an election MUST be held within a limited time frame therefor Feb 2 elections, and it is NOT the EC place to say when the election can and can not be held but yes can advise, so the government followed the requirements under the laws.

Mark and Suthep want reforms (which I agree that are needed) so much then WHY OH WHY did they not reform whilst they had the power???

And last, is that do you not see a pattern here? each time the Dems loose yet another election they try to take government via the back door which is not homering the vote of the people... They continuously use the word "the people" so if they think they have the support then why not contest the election openly???whistling.gif

passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif I want, I want, I want.... passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif and if I don't get blame everybody else for my problems...

Why is there no smiley for spitting the dummy out?

There are pages of smileys available if you search Google.

One for Yingluck and the PTP

and another

But I am not allowed to post them for some reason