When Did It Last Rain at Your House?

EBlair48

• 2 weeks later...

From the Wind Guru FAQ

Every forecast table shows a model initialization time (top left corner) which is in UTC (GMT), all the other times are in local time. The last row of the forecast shows coordinates, altitude and timezone of the spot - if the timezone is set correctly it should automatically adjust daylight savings time if it is active. Next to the little sun icon are the times of sunrise and sunset in local time (these are really sunrise and sunset, NOT dawn and twilight). Ocean spots also show sea surface temperature (more info below). A little legend for the forecasts:

We are very happy to have lots of rain after such a long near drought.

yep, that's why i love Phuket. my friend in Hua Hin says its dry as a bone there.

i think as climate change really kicks in, we'll see more long dry spells so i think at least in Phuket we'll be a lot better off than the rest of the country.

Mmm re Wind Guru

so " 7 h" from 0 (zero) UT is 7 in the morning in Phuket ?

Kinda odd how it skips from 10 PM to 4 AM I still think I am not reading it correctly.

You'll get us all confused if you continue with this :)

Thailand uses ICT+7 timezone, which is 7 hours front of GMT/UTC. Our midday is 7 hours before it's midday in UK.

Those times on Wind Guru are local Thailand times (except for the first line on the table, where it's stated to be UTC). They probably dropped the 1AM weather report information simply to save a bit space on the website.

Personally I would be happy if the who timezone system would be dropped and replaced with one global time.

If you wish to really get into timezones.. here is when it get's complicated - so complicated it's funny.

You'll get us all confused if you continue with this smile.png

Thailand uses ICT+7 timezone, which is 7 hours front of GMT/UTC. Our midday is 7 hours before it's midday in UK.

Those times on Wind Guru are local Thailand times (except for the first line on the table, where it's stated to be UTC). They probably dropped the 1AM weather report information simply to save a bit space on the website.

Personally I would be happy if the who timezone system would be dropped and replaced with one global time.

If you wish to really get into timezones.. here is when it get's complicated - so complicated it's funny.

6 hours, because UK is 1 hour ahead of GTM because of summer time.

Edited by stevenl

You'll get us all confused if you continue with this smile.png

6 hours, because UK is 1 hour ahead of GTM because of summer time.

Or midday as middle of the day, when the sun is at south. The longitude difference between Phuket and London is about 98.5 degrees, which is a bit more than 6.5 hours.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a rain at Phuket town this evening. While I was riding back home, there was an accident close to Ao Por. Car had slipped on the road and took one light pole while spinning around. When I got to the site, locals stopped me. Simply to warn me that the road was very slippery. While I was breaking, my rear tire lost friction and it slipped a bit.

One thing to remember is that after a longer period of no rain, the roads can become quite slippery due all the oil and dirt which have accumulated to the road surfaces and is released when there is a bit of rain.

• 3 weeks later...

No rain last night at the north east, but currently I can hear occasional thunder sounds from the east. A bit of rain might cool the air a bit.