Got my house book (tabian ban ) to day wonder why I got the blue book insted of the yellow book?

mickemus

Got my house book (tabian ban ) to day wonder why I got the blue book insted of the yellow book? I got my name in same book as my wife. I allways belived that only thai people or with perment residence can get that. Wonder if I shold try to change to the yellow book insted ?

As far as I know the owner of the house does not need to be mentioned in the blue tambien baan, ownership is registered with the land office an on the land deed.

Indeed, only official registered residents can be mentioned in the blue TB.

We rent out one of the houses, my wife owns the house, and the blue TB carries the name of the Thai son of the foreigner who rents the house.

And he is mentioned in a yellow TB.

In the back of the blue TB is mentioned that the person in the book is not the owner.

I presume someone made a mistake.

Or just maybe they gave you resident status as a present, without you knowing it......

thought that meant that you live in this house but was told that there are different status of the persons who are registered in this book .one person is in charge of who lives there and is the owner of the house. any way my wife told me that I can get medical card now becuse you are in the blue book now ,we will see soon.

I jointly own a condo with my Thai wife. When we registered at the Amphur Office we were told that my wife would get the blue book and that I would get the yellow book, which is exactly what we each received.

As far as I know the owner of the house does not need to be mentioned in the blue tambien baan, ownership is registered with the land office an on the land deed.

We rent out one of the houses, my wife owns the house, and the blue TB carries the name of the Thai son of the foreigner who rents the house.

Be careful if a Thai renter is shown as only person in the blue book. I know your wife has her name on land document's I've heard of things happening before it's just a tip.

In the back of the blue TB is mentioned that the person in the book is not the owner.

I presume someone made a mistake.

Or just maybe they gave you resident status as a present, without you knowing it......

Have now found out that my wife now`s the boss in the tabian ban place and wanted to give me a blue book insted of yellow book,.she sad it is better to have blue book don`t now way?, got one more papper there that stated all detail like my mother and fathers name .age.what country and so on.

The blue book is for the house.

The yellow book is for you.

Your name in the blue book is for you as owner, not as a resident in that house.

Blue nor yellow book have anything to do with ownership.

I have a blue and a yellow book, where in the blue book is no name listed at all, while in the yellow book my name is listed.

On page 1 of the blue book is normally listed address details and the ID of the person who is the " boss " of the house, but that person isn't necessary the owner of the house or land, and this can only be a Thai national.

On page 2 onwards are listed the ID's of the people who are registered as living at that address, and I believe that under certain circumstances it is possible to have a foreign person added on those pages.

I think he needs to be legally married under Thai law to the person registered on page 1 for that. But much of that depends on the administration of the Amphur.

In a yellow book on page 1 is again listed the address details and should be the same name as on page 1 of the blue book, while from page 2 onwards only foreign nationals are listed as living at that address.

Edit : Maybe I should also add that the tabien baans are issued by the district office ( Amphur ), but that the names in the book can only be done at the sub district office ( tambon ).

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

Does it matter antydning whether you are in a blue book or a yellow book at all, you don't get any special rights for that reason.

And that your name is mention as a father of a child that is register at the house does not mean anything else than you are the father of the person, your name would be there if you lived in an other country as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

On page 1 of the blue book is normally listed address details and the ID of the person who is the " boss " of the house, but that person isn't necessary the owner of the house or land, and this can only be a Thai national.

A foreigner can own the house and will be listed on page one as the owner.

It's only the land that the foreigner can not own.

I own my house, building license in my name and all invoices in my name, I can not be listed on page one.

Since I'm single page one of my blue book carries only an address, no name. Also my Yellow book has on page one only an address, my name is on page 2.

• Like 1

That blue book will save you countless trips and more than a few baht, when you need to prove your place of residence. I've had two yellow books, and in fact that yellow book came in handy when I recently obtained the Health Card for Foreigner at a local hospital. It just makes things easier for a Thai person to read since the information is in the language they are the most comfortable reading. Even Thai Immigration was confused as to my address written in English, but I showed them a copy of my yellow house book and they quickly understood my place of residence. Blue or Yellow, it will save you time, money and effort when dealing with all manner of Thai Government employees. Ownership of the house might be better established via the "Permit to Build" and backed up with invoices or bank transfers to contractors. The blue or yellow house book and permit to build document made utilities in my name a breeze.

This is correct, if the Yellow Book has been done correctly it will show the Foreigner as the Owner of the House, which means you cannot be ripped off as only you can sell it. To protect yourself as far as the Owner of the Land goes you should either have the Land in a Thai Company Name, which is a bit of a grey area after the Government changed it's interpretation of the Law about 7 or 8 years ago or have a 30 year Lease on the Land which must be Registered at the Land Office to be Legal. This gives you full protection if things go arse up with the wife or whoever's name you have the land registered in. This way you have control of your investment completely.

That blue book will save you countless trips and more than a few baht, when you need to prove your place of residence. I've had two yellow books, and in fact that yellow book came in handy when I recently obtained the Health Card for Foreigner at a local hospital. It just makes things easier for a Thai person to read since the information is in the language they are the most comfortable reading. Even Thai Immigration was confused as to my address written in English, but I showed them a copy of my yellow house book and they quickly understood my place of residence. Blue or Yellow, it will save you time, money and effort when dealing with all manner of Thai Government employees. Ownership of the house might be better established via the "Permit to Build" and backed up with invoices or bank transfers to contractors. The blue or yellow house book and permit to build document made utilities in my name a breeze.

Wouldn't your wife's ID card do just as well if you just need the address in Thai.

Is there ever a time when a farang living in a village house must have one of these books or are they just another thing to have? I am thinking more for visa purposes rather than property ownership.

I've never brought my wife into a Thai Immigration office. Ever. She has nothing to do with my immigration status. For other aliens who have a different Visa, that might be a different experience. My first yellow house book was for a village address. I obtained my first yellow house book (100% free) in a town a few villages away, where people from that village do some of the Government procedures. NOT the town where they pay land tax. Not the different town where they pay the annual license to sell alcohol or tobacco. Not the different town where they obtain a drivers license or register vehicles. Not the different town where they get a passport. But it was the same town they obtain a Thai Government I.D. and even the same office they can register a prenuptial agreement, pay for a marriage license or register a divorce.

There are many procedures in Thailand where an alien must show proof of residence. You can drive to and pay Thai Immigration, you might have some luck at your local police department, you certainly will be served for a fee by your embassy or consulate, OR you can save all that time and expense by showing your free Yellow House book. Or your blue house book if you qualify for such. It is NOT mandatory to have any such book, but it is mandatory often to PROVE your place of residence. How much time, money and inconvenience you wish to obtain a time sensitive document to prove your place of residence is "Up to You".

The 13 digit number on the yellow house book is also the 13 digit number on my "Health Card for Foreigner", obtained in yet another town where people from that village go for medical treatment. If you move from one village to another village or a town, it is free and a SIMPLE process to obtain the new yellow house book showing your actual new "Place of Residence".

In reply to "Somo", I do not think the yellow house book is in any way mandatory for "Visa Purposes", yet it has proven to stop the puzzled looks on more than one Thai Immigration Officers face when looking at my annual Visa application form. It just appears reassuring to them and they process my paperwork in a timely manner. I never have allowed them to chit chat with my wife and "complicate" things as she as opted to skip those trips to the Thai Immigration office.

Seems it may be a handy thing to have anyway. Seems the local amphur offices issue them so will go get one.

What is the yellow book called? I don't want to go in and just ask for a yellow book please better to seem to know.

If you do a google images search and print out the photo(s) it may help you at that office. It has proven helpful for me to do similar google searches for products prior to going into a store. This search immediately pulled up the Yellow House Book:

thailand yellow tabien baan