CMPO: PM cannot quit until new Govt is formed

webfact

CMPO: PM cannot quit until new Govt is formed

PNPOL570207001000201_07022014_034141.jpg

BANGKOK, 7 January 2014 (NNT) – The Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) has reaffirmed that the Prime Minister cannot resign from her post until the new government has been set up.

Labor Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubamrung, as Chief of the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO),has reiterated that by law Miss Yingluck Shinawatra cannot quit her post as the caretaker Prime Minister until the new administration has been formed. His comment came after former Finance Minister M.R. Pridiyathorn Devakula had sent an open letter to PM Yingluck, asking her and her cabinet to resign as the caretaker government.

As for the recent bomb attack near Lak Si demonstration site, Chalerm said the government did not want to see such incident taking place, while assuring that no matter what happened the government would not use force against the protesters.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-07 footer_n.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen.... this is exactly why you must go to school... this is exactly why a good, legitimate education is necessary in life... especially a primary and secondary school education so that you can get into a real college..

.... otherwise, you end up going to "Ramkamhaeng University" where any buffoon can get in and claim they have a law degree, business degree or medical degree! Witness the man at the top of this post as Exhibit "A" !!!!!!!

I rest my case, your honor..... lols

• Like 2

PTP are going to stay as long as possible no matter what anybody or any court says. As soon as they lose their power hold in this country there will be a flood of scandals appearing.

Not like the trickle we are getting now everyday. .

They must have hundreds of people hiding or destroying documents that would show the world their atrocities right now.

What is important though is the fact that someday soon a new gov will emerge. I just hope the thai people vote this time for someone who really cares about thailand and doesnt abuse their position to accumilate more wealth and power.

A true democracy.

I know this probably will not happen in my lifetime though but maybe my kids will see it happen

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I think it is obvious why Chalerm or Yingluck won't request an explanation from the constitutional court.

Because they know that the Cons court will say that it is actually not a problem to stand down to bring in an interim PM.

That also will apply to an interim government.

They keep clinging to this murky reasoning that is like most of the constitutional..... unclear and needs constant interpretation from the court.

• Like 2

PTP are going to stay as long as possible no matter what anybody or any court says. As soon as they lose their power hold in this country there will be a flood of scandals appearing.

Not like the trickle we are getting now everyday. .

They must have hundreds of people hiding or destroying documents that would show the world their atrocities right now.

What is important though is the fact that someday soon a new gov will emerge. I just hope the thai people vote this time for someone who really cares about thailand and doesnt abuse their position to accumilate more wealth and power.

A true democracy.

I know this probably will not happen in my lifetime though but maybe my kids will see it happen

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tell me where in the world you will find a true democracy and i am assuming you mean where governments or its employees arent corrupt. I cant name one and i have traveled extensively. blink.png

Utter bull as usual from this disgusting drunkard.

ANY prime minister can resign at ANY time they want. There are no restrictions as to when a PM can call it quits and when not.

Quickly! Get the man another bottle of plonk to make him fall asleep and hopefully shut up.

Chalerm's unilateral pronouncements of what can or cannot be done constitutionally - like all the other of his pronouncements - have no reality in fact. There is not one provision in the constitution that forbids a prime minister from stepping down. There is, however, another provision. On April 1, the Yingluck administration will be stripped of its caretaker status - as per Article 7 - which stipulates that if neither the parliament, nor a prime minister that is nominated from that institution - takes place, then an interim prime minister is appointed through a nominating process in the Senate. If Chalerm wants to quote the constitution he can start there, because that is precisely where this administration is headed.

" ... that no matter what happened the government would not use force against the protesters. "

Following Chalerm's recent fantastical and incredulous and unsubstantiated assertion that last night's attack was perpetrated by the PDRC against itself, this statement looks terribly close to resembling an attempt to establish an alibi for inaction. If this administration does nothing to stop these grenade attacks on the protesters, and chooses instead to sit idly by, the public will draw its own conclusion, without Chalerm's help.

• Like 2

The funny paradox is that the longer the Suthep and his followers disturb the democratic election, the longer Yingluck stays PM :lol:

Afterwards, PT can of course always select another candidate to replace her.

Chalerm, for example. Then everybody will be happy, right?

:lol:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

does he actually think anyone takes him seriously he is the ptp clown and thaksins personal mouth piece, must have got a rushed call from his boss telling him to say no. He should just sit down and have some more medicine then finalize his promise to cut off his head....

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

She can leave Thailand and never return just like her big brother in Dubai. It depends how you interpret the rule.

This guy is only talking about one of the interpretations. This guy is trying to tell people that she can't quit but she can.

Just leave and never return. Politicians are very good at breaking rules and promises. It should be easy for her to do.

Also, she does not have to face any criminal charges for the rice scam. If she tries to stays in power, she always has to worry about the safety issues for her and her family. She and her family can defect and join her brother. if the law states that she can't leave the country for good because of her job, she can break it. People will be very happy if she leaves. It will be very peaceful and that is what people want. She has an opportunity to do something right in the end. Peaceful resolution is what people want. Can she do it? It is up to her.