One year ED visa

For your information, I attended my Thai language school today and they are now offering a one year ED retirement visa, i,e, no immigration extensions or 90 day address reporting required.

You are eligible for this type of visa if you are over 50 yrs and you will not be required to provide bank statements.

All paperwork will be handled directly between the school and immigration.

Edited by hathairat2711

That sounds dodgy to me.

With being over 50 you can get yearly extension if you:

- have an income of 65,000 baht a month

OR

- have 800,000 in a bank account in Thailand for 2 months, next extensions 3 months

OR

- have a combination of yearly income and money in the bank in Thailand together totaling 800,000 baht

I understand that Mario. I have been in Thailand now for 11 years on non o immigrant visas (married to a Thai) and also a retirement extension.

I believe the school has made arrangements with Immigration for this one year ED visa. I doubt very much if there is anything 'dodgy' about this and also being a reputable school in central Bangkok/

Again Mario, I understand what you are saying. I too was surprised when I attended school today and offered this one year visa and, as you stated, it is a requirement by law the 90 day reporting.

I will be going out shortly but if you would like me to scan a copy of the paper I was given (in both English and Thai) I will send it to you tomorrow by PM.

Regards

Again Mario, I understand what you are saying. I too was surprised when I attended school today and offered this one year visa and, as you stated, it is a requirement by law the 90 day reporting.

I will be going out shortly but if you would like me to scan a copy of the paper I was given (in both English and Thai) I will send it to you tomorrow by PM.

Regards

The 90 reports are required for all extensions of stay that allow you to remain in the country longer than 90 days.

I think you are confusing doing extensions of stay every 90 days with them.

The is no ED retirement extension is a misnomer that was somebody used.

• Like 1

Regards

The 90 reports are required for all extensions of stay that allow you to remain in the country longer than 90 days.

I think you are confusing doing extensions of stay every 90 days with them.

The is no ED retirement extension is a misnomer that was somebody used.

Basically it sounds like just an Ed extension of stay that is supposedly good for a year. Being retired seems to be irrelevant and, as Mario points out, anyone & everyone who is in the country on an extension has to report if they are in the country for 90 successive days ... although maybe the school has some errand boy they'll send to Immigrations with your passport to do it for you since you can have someone else do the 90 day report for you.

Even if the annual extension is possible, it would still almost certainly come down to supplying documentation to start with, including proof of financial resources, and demonstrating your progress made if you want to continue. And again, the "retirement" in the reference sounds like it is just for advertising purposes and has nothing to do with the supposed issuance of an extension.

Largely smoke and mirrors.

Edited by Suradit69