Farmers rally at police station

Lite Beer

Farmers rally at police station
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Some 100 farmers rallied outside a police station in Ratchaburi's Pak Tho district after police summoned their five leaders over the Rama II Road blockade from February 1-6, demanding payments under the rice-pledging scheme.

The group claimed the road blockade was according to their written agreement on January 25 with deputy governor Narong Krongchon and district chief Pairat Chanhom that stated if they didn't get paid by January 31, they would block the Rama II Road, hence police could not file charges against their leaders.

Ratchaburi deputy chief Pol Colonel Supat Cheychid said no one had been charged yet. The farmers' presumed leaders asked police to put it on record that the Rama II Road blockade from February 1-6 was led by no one in particular. They said it followed a decision to protest by the affected farmers. The farmers also presented their certificates for the pledged rice to file police complaints against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and those accused of fraud against the farmers.

In Ayutthaya, the Thai Agriculturist Association held a meeting to discuss possible solutions to the rice-pledging scheme, including participation by rice mill operators, and the establishment of a confederation of agriculturists to coordinate between farmers and the government on setting policies.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-09

When oh when will the shinamafia realise their game is over? Soon it will be time for them to explain their doings in the courts.

It is not over till the fat lady sings, and we know who that member of the Shinawatra family is. whistling.gif

I'm being told via a person working in a bank where farmers are still awaiting payment but haven't started protesting yet that their branch of the bank has been instructed to drip feed payments to farmers rather than pay out what limited funds they have in an attempt to stave off protests.

When oh when will the shinamafia realise their game is over? Soon it will be time for them to explain their doings in the courts.

My gut is telling me that all those great analyses we read on twitter by the"experts" won't come to pass. The PTP have won enough seats to form a government. They need 95% to open parliament, but I don't think it is any longer a question, especially given The Un-Democratic Party's poor political strategy to not participate, and their apparent advice to Bangkok supporters to not even vote as to which party will control the future government. Given the amount of disqualified Bangkok Dem supporters, it is questionble whether they can even carry Bangkok. Therefore increased debt will impact virtually the same political structure we have, or even a stronger one. The Opposition will be even weaker. Depending on the court's interpretation, bonds can be issued, the farmers will be paid, and the government will not have to immediately quantify their losses. That could happen, in parcels at a time, years from now.

They will carry the South, which will at least relegate them to a small part of the Opposition, but it is possible that the party may be dissolved for not acting like a political party, in which case there may not even be an Opposition, depending on the courts. From Veerspong's FB page, the rumored coup will not take place. It appears they are sunk.

This means we will get another several years of listening to Thanong tell us that Thaksin is finished.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This image was taken 2 weeks ago when Thaksin was in Singapore. He doesn't look like a winner IMO. I hope he realizes that too and stops creating a culture of fear.

advisory_exclusive-_zpscd3448a6.jpg

Come on Suthep. Time to step up to the plate and collect that donation money and give it to the farmers.

Yes yes we all know the seed planted in the gullible was that you bought land with donation money, evidence of which was miraculously produced less than 24 hours after you stated you would collect donation money to help the farmers.

This proves the PTP don't really care for the plight of the farmers otherwise they would have thanked Suthep for helping them instead of demonizing him.

This image was taken 2 weeks ago when Thaksin was in Singapore. He doesn't look like a winner IMO. I hope he realizes that too and stops creating a culture of fear.

I wonder how he injured his right-hand ?

Repetitive-strain injury, from shaking-hands with his poor Thai rice-farming supporters, would seem unlikely.

Repetitive-strain injury, from shaking-hands with his poor Thai rice-farming supporters, would seem unlikely.

Or maybe his hand got caught in the till? wink.png

...nope, he's just a <deleted>...

Edited by klauskunkel

He has been playing alot with him self, in the mens room?

Repetitive-strain injury alright, but it's from having to continually pull the puppet strings.