Grenade attack injures three protesters

Lite Beer

Grenade attack injures three protesters

224297-imagejpeg-343876-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three anti-government protesters were injured, one seriously, when a M 79 grenade was fired into the protest site on Chaengwattana road on Saturday night.
The grenade landed at the tent which is used as the toilet for men, about 50 metres from the women toilet where two grenades landed on February 6 which nobody was hurt.

Seriously injured is an unidentified man. He was struck by grenade shrapnel on the chest and pierced through his lung.

Two others were identified as Nattawit Punwasinmongkol, 40, and Suwan Kaewput, 43.

Nattawit received injuries on the shoulder and leg while Swan was hit by grenade on the neck and waist.
All were immediately admitted to Mongkhutwattana hospital where doctors declared Nattawit and Suwan in safe conditions when the shrapnel did not struck important organs.
But the condition of another man is still critical when the shrapnel pierced through the lung close to his heart.

Immediately after the grenade landed and exploded at about 7.50 p.m., security guards and soldiers rushed to the place for inspection and combed suspected areas looking for the perpetrator.
Police were barred from entering the scene by the guards.

Protest leader at the Chaengwattana site Luang Poo Buddha Issara said he believed the perpetrator is the same man who fired the two grenades at the protest site on February 6 which fell almost exactly near the same place.
He said the grenades were suspected to fire from a deserted building behind the protest stage.

He also said perpetrators might also mingle with protesters to pinpoint accuracy for their colleague to fire the grenade into the protest site.

The M 79 grenade launcher is a single shot, break open, breech loading gun with target up to 100 metres away.

The Chaengwattana protest site came under almost nightly violent attack which the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Suthep Thaugsuban earlier urged the abbot to retreat to safer site in the inner area of the capital for safety reason as it is far and assistance could be hardly provided in time in case of coming under attack or dispersal by the police.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/grenade-attack-injures-three-protesters/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=grenade-attack-injures-three-protesters

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-09

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't it a bit sickening that the only people who snigger about injury and death are Thaksin supporters?

They must have been very unloved as children.

Maybe Suthep can do another couple of days marching to get them therapy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Totally Agree !!! .... Sure are some sick posters on TV ....

• Like 1

Two wounded in grenade attack at Chaeng Wattana protest site

By Digital Content

13919178901168-640x390x2.jpg

NONTHABURI, Feb 9--- Two persons were injured, one severely, from an M-79 grenade attack last night at an anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) rally site on Chaeng Wattana Road.

The victims identified as Suwan Kaewput, 43, and Natthawit Poonsinmongkol, 40, are now in a stable condition.

Mr Suwan suffered serious injuries to his neck, chest and back while Mr Natthawit was wounded on his right shoulder and left leg.

The incident occurred around 7.50pm on Saturday behind a stage of the protest site when one of two M-79 grenades fell by a women’s restroom near a petrol station under the intersection flyover adjacent to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI). Shortly afterwards, the sound of gunshots were reportedly heard.

The scene of last night's attack was near the spot where an M-79 explosion occured on Thursday night.

The rally site at Chaeng Wattana is headed by Buddhist monk Phra Buddha Issara who has been under an arrest warrant for obstructing election since Thursday.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)'s Erawan Medical Centre reported that from November 30 last year to today a total of 10 people have been killed and 603 have been injured in anti-government protests.

The first death occurred from a shooting near Ramkhamhaeng University on November 30 last year. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-09

Isn't it a bit sickening that the only people who snigger about injury and death are Thaksin supporters?

This is why I say we need to pity them.

I even had one ask me today what the principles of democracy meant. This person is very vocal on TVF defending the "democratic" PTP yet doesn't know what democracy is.

Reply to all the mor...c replies in this thread:

Please read the OP again before you make such mor...c remarks.

"Police were barred from entering the scene by the guards."

How do you want the Police to make arrests if they are not allowed to investigate the crime scene??????????????

TV yellow propaganda at work again.

and how is investigating the scene of a grenade explosion going to solve anything Sherlock, the police need to be proactive around the sites not at them

• Like 2

I couldn't say I've ever seen a true monk dress in such a shoddy way as to reveal his gut......... until I saw the above photo.

Phra Issara, or whatever he likes to name himself, is in no way a true monk. I am confused as to who this man actually is, and what his real function is there.

Something very weird about this guy, despite his attempts to negotiate for what seems some kind of equilibrium against violence.

Or is somebody going to tell me that's his hand?? ;)

I even had one ask me today what the principles of democracy meant. This person is very vocal on TVF defending the "democratic" PTP yet doesn't know what democracy is.

It certainly doesn't involve intimidating voters in an attempt to set up an unelected council, which is apparently what Suthep-loving loonies like you support.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 2

At this stage we don't know who shot the grenades.

Suthep and the terrorist protesters have made so many enemies over the last few months, it could be anyone. Business interests have lost millions of Baht, hardcore red shirts, hard core yellow shirts, unpaid yellow shirt protesters, blocked voters, the list goes on. Hopefully they can catch and identify whoever is responsible for this cowardly act. But in any case, this is Thailand and if you play with fire, you will get burned.

40+ attacks on the protestors over the past 3 months, but still not a single arrest...

What is the status on arresting the perp on the Red Kwanchai's attempted murder? Ask the police as I am sure they can give you a lot of information on it. I don't believe asking them anything about murders or attempted murders on the PRDC will get you anything, and the DSI is to busy chasing after foreigners.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

It certainly doesn't involve intimidating voters in an attempt to set up an unelected council, which is apparently what Suthep-loving loonies like you support.

Not to mention laying siege to Bangkok's streets and intersections, blocking off the offices of government, blocking access to election booths and blockading distribution of ballots in a free and open election....the list goes on and on.

Of course they could all go home, no risk of grenades there, or protest publicly from street corners and the sidewalks or any of a number of internationally accepted means of demonstrating your ideas and issues and putting them on display, then voting in an election, but hey....why ruin the lawless fun....

But I do love all the little crocodile tears being shed here...all together now...kleenex!

Edited by LadPhrao123
  • Like 2

You know your in a country controlled by a regime with the leader being a convicted criminal when protestors won't let police in to a crime scene because the police are controlled by the the convicted criminal on the run and will manipulate evidence quicker than votes.

If the police came they would hide evidence, plant evidence then blame a PDRC suicide bomber for it.

A principle of democracy is equal protection under the law. Yet another principle the PTP don't adhere too. They were elected though so that makes it all ok.

Another YELLOW propaganda.

The LEADER of the country is YINGLUCK and YINGLUCK us not a convicted criminal.

Suthep and his croonies (even the shaddy monk) ARE CONVICTED CRIMINALS trying to escape justice by asking for a coup.

"If the police came they would hide evidence, plant evidence then blame a PDRC suicide bomber for it. "

So. according to you, all the police are against the protesters and would only plant evidence.

Not inquire the crime.

"A principle of democracy is equal protection under the law."??????????????

How about this:

Suthep.jpg

Or this:

voter.jpg

"They were elected (Abhisit and Suthep) though so that makes it all ok."

How about the possibility that they don't want the police to enter the protest site out of fear that they would find a lot of ammunition?

prot.jpg

As a point of interest, what has suthep been convicted of? Same question of the mad monk?