Thai traffic police to re-introduce tough road rules next month

webfact

Traffic police to re-introduce tough road rules next month

PNSOC570210001000701_10022014_044156.jpg

BANGKOK, 10 February 2014 (NNT) - Traffic police are set to enforce strict road rules from March 1, after their previous clampdown on traffic violators was disrupted by a series of anti-government protests.

Metropolitan Police Bureau Deputy Commissioner in charge of traffic control Pol Maj Gen Adul Narongsak said violators of 13 major traffic regulations will face legal action. Those offences include parking in non-parking areas, overtaking other vehicles during traffic, running red lights, drunk driving and speeding.

Last year, police launched a campaign to tow vehicles from 10 major roads such as Lat Phrao, Rama 4, Sukhumvit and Vibhavadi. Owners were fined up to 500 baht each. In addition, they had to pay 500 baht for the towing fee and 200 baht daily for storage.

The measures which had been derailed by political protests, are expected to be renewed soon, with some of them such as towing of vehicles to begin as early as February 16.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-10 footer_n.gif

" ... their previous clampdown on traffic violators was disrupted by a series of anti-government protests. "

Are we to take it that if anyone wants to avoid any enforcement of vehicle related fines all they have to do is form a street protest ? What kind of enforcement projects perennial future benchmarks for enactment ? What's next ? Appropriate weather conditions ? Horoscopes ?

• Like 1

I'm sure that most of their energy will be focused on the highly dangerous "parking in non-parking areas" enforcement. Oh, and the highly lucrative "no wear helmet" and "no wear seat-belt". They'll probably double the number of tables they take money at in order to be more efficient.

And "overtaking other vehicles during traffic"??? ngong ngong ngong! xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png Is that like splitting traffic on a motorcycle? dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png I've never heard that being enforced. That's why I have a Honda 125. To drive during heavy traffic so I can just drive to the front with all the other bikes. Beats the heck out of sitting in my car for a couple of hours wasting petrol, running the A/C, and listening to Thai musik Zzzzz. whistling.gif

Wear your helmet 100% I dont care if your' e not on your bike...........300bts sonny!

1000bts fine for driving without lightsw00t.gif Listen you are lucky it wasnt nightime that would have been 2000bts,,,,,,,,,hand over the dosh dipstick!

No I dont have the time mister, but for wasting mine.............500btsclap2.gif

......................BANGKOK, 10 February 2014 (NNT) - Traffic police are set to enforce strict road rules from March 1.....................

And WHAT, exactly, have they been doing up to this? Lazy, greedy, corrupt, parasites.

• Like 1