• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 95

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

2. 7

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

3. 0

Man Drowns in Front of Sister While Searching for Shellfish in Surin Province

4. 1

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

5. 47

Reasons of change

6. 141
    7. 63

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 7

9. 0

Flash Flood Claims Lives of Two Tourists at Wang Lung Waterfall

10. 7

11. 0

Thai High-Risk Groups Urged to Get Covid-19 Boosters

12. 1

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

13. 28

Famous Singer Tik Shiro Involved in Fatal Bangkok Car Accident, Two Dead

14. 75

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

15. 1

How to I get rid of this new left hand sidebar?

Krungsri - Mission Impossible

Hello there,

I am hoping to get information about why it is impossible to buy anything online by this bank. I am not able buy anything, including nokair, airasia etc.

I have their Jad Hai debit card loaded with a lot of money. Whenever I call the helpline, I get contradicting info. Once they said only paypal transaction are not possible. Today the helpline said that it wouldn't be possible to buy anything online. One day they said anything is possible where they accept Visa. On the top of these, I went to my branch in person, but the staff seemed to be puzzled with the situation and couldn't give me a straightforward answer. This seems like an inexplicable an occurence.

Anybody has any experience with it??

Do you have a credit card or a debit card?

I experienced something similar where I wanted to use my card in conjunction with PayPal. Krungsri said only a credit card would work in that case.

They said a debit card will not work with online purchases. I believe outside of Thailand. Maybe inside Thailand you won't have a problem.

OP: I know you said you can't buy "anything" but only gave some airlines examples. Some companies, such as some airlines and rental car companies, do not accept debit cards for online purchases. Have you tried using the card to buy something else online like maybe a computer item, etc?

I experienced something similar where I wanted to use my card in conjunction with PayPal. Krungsri said only a credit card would work in that case.

They said a debit card will not work with online purchases. I believe outside of Thailand. Maybe inside Thailand you won't have a problem.

I have a debit card. According to their policy, that card can be used with merchants displaying VISA logo. I know that they have no agreement with paypal. However, I don't think Airasia is using paypal for online purchase. I will pay a visit to their branch again,

OP: I know you said you can't buy "anything" but only gave some airlines examples. Some companies, such as some airlines and rental car companies, do not accept debit cards for online purchases. Have you tried using the card to buy something else online like maybe a computer item, etc?

I ve figured out that it can't be used for paypal transactions. I have tried a few airlines and the card has always been declined. I have tried amazon, too, with no success. I used to use other debit cards for these transactions with other banks, such as Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank and never had a problem. I just don't understand how the staff can't figure out what the problem is.

I have a debit card. According to their policy, that card can be used with merchants displaying VISA logo. I know that they have no agreement with paypal. However, I don't think Airasia is using paypal for online purchase. I will pay a visit to their branch again,

They don't have to accept unpersonalised cards of any type.

If the card has your name printed on the plastic it should work.

If the card just has a number, then it is unlikely to work.

Thanks. I guess I should ask for that kind of card, or they might not have it at all?

My Bangkok Bank Debit card does not have my name on it and it has worked fine for online purchases the few times I have used it for that over the years. Cards with no names and usually saying for Electronic Purposes Only (or something similar) just basically means it can't be used for the old type of transactions where an impression of card is made on a slip/receipt which you then sign. The card can only be used in electronic transaction machines (or online unless the bank has some restriction on that or a company just don't take debit cards for online purchases) like how checkout clerks swipe the card and get a signature, used in ATMs, etc.

You need to ask for a card that can be used online. It will have your name embossed on it.

Not true, my BKK debit card dose not have my name on it and can be used online.

Seemingly, the Bangkok Bank is the only bank that issues debit card with multipurpose.

• 4 weeks later...

You need to ask for a card that can be used online. It will have your name embossed on it.

Not true, my BKK debit card dose not have my name on it and can be used online.

Same, BB VisaFirst Debit card (up to 100K is the limit I've set).

The ccv number on the back is the important factor (I think)