Pheu Thai Party rejects Thaksin overture for talks with protesters

Lite Beer

First of all, who is Sharon?

Assuming you mean me, my name is SHANNON. Not Sharon.

Second, Yingluck will lose caretaker status on April 1, you are correct. In that case, as stated in Article 3 of the Constitution, the sovereign power temporarily entrusted to the government via the electoral process will be handed back to the people. And since a country cannot function without a government, a new prime minister can be appointed to form an interim government via Article 7 of the Constitution. The president of the Senate will forward the name of the candidate to serve as Thailand's next prime minister to His Majesty the King for royal endorsement.

The president of the Senate is Mr. Nikom Wairatpanij:

http://www.thai-senate.com/in/english/former_president_id.php?id_data=125

Mr. Nikom Wairatpanij has close ties with the Puea Thai party.

So whatever ship you think is sinking on April 1, it's not the Puea Thai ship, so you might be on the wrong ship.

I don't know much about the Thai senate, but since today was announced that end of March a new senate will be elected, could it be that Mr Nikom will not be president of the senate anymore on 1 April ?

And the current Senate expires on March 1st so even more ?????

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talks with that Snake will be pointless, she will just lie through her teeth, say she doesn't know about that subject and insist Suthep 'waits for the proper time'

Suthep is right to stand strong against this Champion of Corruption... the sooner the NACC lay charges against her the better

Suthep, who is charged with murdering over 80 Thais ...

Against someone who did the same to more than 2,500 THais, many innocent, but had the power to say summat about the UN not being his Daddy when questioned on Human Rights?

Then massacred Muslims on 2 occassions and now runs a corrupt gov. from abroad.

80 is small fry,and was done to overcome a fugitive funded attempted undemocratic illegal ousting of an elected government which just happened to burn down a lot of Thais income sources.

I suppose you love mass murderers. Watch True Detective as it takes 15 years for the guy to get convicted. Hopefully, here will take less.

BTW; Why is Suthep being charged and Thaksin not?

You tell me. If Thaksin really murdered 2,500 Thais, why didn't the Democrats charge him with anything during their years in office?

• Like 1

ShannonT was wondering:

Talks is the only way to resolve problems in a normal society. Violence and and anarchy are not the way.

Do you even understand what you are quoting? Apparently English is not your first language.

Yingluck has repeatedly offered talks with Suthep.

Shannon, it seems you are the only native English speaking person around here,- at least by the way you blame others for not knowing what is written. Poor guy, so lonely and so intelligent alone...

Hint: There are people who are aware, that words and sentences can have double or even multiple meanings. Could ratcatcher be one of them???

• Like 1

Gosh, seems so simple to fix. But the Dems dont care about reform, they Only care about Yingluk resigning and their setup of a power grab. If not, both sides would be talking.

Yingluck has offered direct talks but he refused.

Just shows he is not interested in a peaceful solution.

If they just talked together maybe a solution could be found.

How does it means he is not interested in a peaceful solution?

Just means he does not want to talk to Yingluck

Second, Yingluck will lose caretaker status on April 1, you are correct. In that case, as stated in Article 3 of the Constitution, the sovereign power temporarily entrusted to the government via the electoral process will be handed back to the people. And since a country cannot function without a government, a new prime minister can be appointed to form an interim government via Article 7 of the Constitution. The president of the Senate will forward the name of the candidate to serve as Thailand's next prime minister to His Majesty the King for royal endorsement.

So whatever ship you think is sinking on April 1, it's not the Puea Thai ship, so you might be on the wrong ship.

I don't know much about the Thai senate, but since today was announced that end of March a new senate will be elected, could it be that Mr Nikom will not be president of the senate anymore on 1 April ?

Where do you get the information from that the Senate expires on March 1st?

And only some Senate seats are due for re-election on March 30th, so it's unlikely that the Senate president will change.

Talks with that Snake will be pointless, she will just lie through her teeth, say she doesn't know about that subject and insist Suthep 'waits for the proper time'

Suthep is right to stand strong against this Champion of Corruption... the sooner the NACC lay charges against her the better

Against someone who did the same to more than 2,500 THais, many innocent, but had the power to say summat about the UN not being his Daddy when questioned on Human Rights?

80 is small fry,and was done to overcome a fugitive funded attempted undemocratic illegal ousting of an elected government which just happened to burn down a lot of Thais income sources.

I suppose you love mass murderers. Watch True Detective as it takes 15 years for the guy to get convicted. Hopefully, here will take less.

You tell me. If Thaksin really murdered 2,500 Thais, why didn't the Democrats charge him with anything during their years in office?

Because Thaksin had fled the country already, as in fugitive convicted criminal, by the time the Democrats came in office .

And isn't there a court case waiting for his return

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

Where do you get the information from that the Senate expires on March 1st?

And only some Senate seats are due for re-election on March 30th, so it's unlikely that the Senate president will change.

How about the NACC case against a group of senators ?

Edited by JesseFrank

As i said before, Sharon...

Suthep is right to stand strong against this Champion of Corruption... the sooner the NACC lay charges against her the better...

... but looking at the latest from the EC, they say they will hold the elections in the failed districts towards the end of April (27th?) - but isn't "D-Day" for Yingluck as caretaker the 1st April?

Have you ever tried to save someone drowning in the sea/pool? They try and drag you down with them in their panic... who's going down with YL i wonder?

All which goes to show just how corrupt the system is! because by you're words the implication is that PTP will have the next caretaker PM come April 1st, regardless!

Yet you come here and try to claim that PTP are democratic, that it is Suthep who is being belligerent in the face of talks to resolve the situation.

Well Shannon T (shame you don't get the Sharon quip) like your friend pipkin! you have a right to your view, the fact that it comes across as a hard sell trying to convince others of their error, rather than offering good debate, failure to admit the corruption of PTP, but then proving the corruption exists!

you either need to try a lot harder or accept that many here do not buy into the twisted lies from truths, that you and pipkin espouse on here. But thanks for making it more entertaining, I dare say without you and pipkin the news forum would be a bit dull without all the repetitiveness etc! whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

If this system is corrupt as you say, then one must find those who created it to be equally if not more corrupt - the Democrats. Memories are short I guess when you fall out of power.

it's a question of how much corruption is acceptable and at what level it becomes unacceptable! Maybe when you bankrupt the nation it becomes unacceptable!

What would have been the point? He was hardly going to stick around anyway.

moonao:

The protesters only have dirty tricks. Couldn't trust them as far as I could kick them.

Let the ballot box do the talking.

First think, then write!

How far can you kick the protester, and would that be one after the other or all together?

And since when are ballot boxes talking,- and in which language?

I don't mind, if you don't mince your words - we all do that - but then it should be sensible,- as in making sense...

P.S. About the dirty tricks, I guess they learnt all of them from Taksin...

The elections have been blocked because during the last elections there is mass, proven vote buying ...

Just to remind you for a second, in the 2009 election, the Democrats were convicted of vote buying.

And in the 2011 election, almost the entire Bhumjaithai party was involved in election fraud, according to the EC.

Who's the Bhumjaithai? Oh, right ...the Democrat party's biggest coalition partner.

Now, let's talk about vote buying again, shall we.

The point would have been:

- Setting a standard and sticking to the rule of law.

- Getting a conviction of murder could have justified an international arrest / extradition warrant.

• Like 1

The protesters only have dirty tricks. Couldn't trust them as far as I could kick them.

First think, then write!

How far can you kick the protester, and would that be one after the other or all together?

I don't mind, if you don't mince your words - we all do that - but then it should be sensible,- as in making sense...

English is obviously not your first language, so let me explain what he meant.

Let the ballot box do the talking basically means ...let the votes speak. It's a figure of speech.

It means let people vote and then you'll know what their opinion is.

I don't know how to put it in easier terms, I'm sorry. I hope it makes sense now.

• Like 1

I don't dig it! Why would talks and compromise be a solution? Compromise like in "just a little pregnant" or "just a little killed"?

Taksin and Co will not give up all their loot of the last 13 years, because that is against their nature.

And the protesters want that outrageous corruption to stop, definitely!

And the farmers want to get their rice paid for at 15 to 20K a ton, as the contract with the government stated.

So it is a one side wins or the other, there is no sensible middle path aka compromise. Is that so dificult to understand? Either Thailand rejects corruption and prospers again or it will sink even deeper in the morass, just like some of the former USSR states do, that are run by corrupt dictators. Isn't Cambodia a close example at what happens, when only one man and his party and his friends run the whole show? No rights and lowest possible salaries!

First think, then write!

Let the ballot box do the talking basically means ...let the votes speak. It's a figure of speech.

It means let people vote and then you'll know what their opinion is.

I don't know how to put it in easier terms, I'm sorry. I hope it makes sense now.

Not really.

In fact not many of your +340 posts have made sense so far .

• Like 1

Note charged with and not conviction.

Unlike the convicted fugitive fraudster who according to Forbes is still receiving large payments from his sister's government. How very strange.

Gosh, seems so simple to fix. But the Dems dont care about reform, they Only care about Yingluk resigning and their setup of a power grab. If not, both sides would be talking.

Defend the crooks to your hearts content, repeat this mantra continuously, Yinglucks family doesn't want power, only peace. Repeat as often as necessary to convince yourself.

I've never quite understood why if the Shinawats only want peace and not power they need to have family members in the key positions of Prime Minister, Defence Minister, Foreign Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, Deputy Leader of the ruling Pheu Thai party and Chief of CAPO. And of course overseeing the lot from his power tower in Dubai is Yingluck's brother. Thaksin.... an ex Prime Minister himself.

That's an awful lot of power for one family to have under their bonnet.

Got to look after the family business old son. Earn the divvies etc.

First think, then write!

Not really.

In fact not many of your +340 posts have made sense so far .

Thanks, JesseFrank for supporting me.

Shannon seems to be emminently proud of being an English native and not aware, that more people speak some kind of Chinese or some kind of Hindi or even Spanish. It is just this elitist undercurrent, that I take offence with. Face it: Nobody is able to choose his/her parents and so the nationality. We have to take it as it is and make the best out of it. Imagine, if I was born in England, my penname/avatar might be SamCockney or SamLiverpool...

• Like 1

Bearboxer wrote:

Unlike the convicted fugitive fraudster who according to Forbes is still receiving large payments from his sister's government. How very strange.

It would be nice, if you could provide exact links for that, because if true that would be another reason to get rid of her ASAP...

(text bolded by me)

You imply that they were in office a long time with " during their years in office",

They were in power 126 Weeks so approx 31 months (some of which i think the parliament was in recces). ALL the while battling the RED shirts... Umm

Bearboxer wrote:

It would be nice, if you could provide exact links for that, because if true that would be another reason to get rid of her ASAP...

(text bolded by me)

Google Thaksin forbes interview.

The elections have been blocked because during the last elections there is mass, proven vote buying ...

Just to remind you for a second, in the 2009 election, the Democrats were convicted of vote buying.

And in the 2011 election, almost the entire Bhumjaithai party was involved in election fraud, according to the EC.

Who's the Bhumjaithai? Oh, right ...the Democrat party's biggest coalition partner.

And before they were the Democrat coalition they were in the Thaksin coalition along with the other slippery one Banharn Silpa Archer (who's party has been in EVERY government since 1997). Your statements paint a perfect picture for political / parliamentary reform..NO?

So that makes vote buying by PTP ok does it? You are really not getting it, you are on the wrong site. You think we are all like you, staunch supporters of red or yellow, ....we are not! Re-read my post, I said fully monitored free and fair elections for all. I said all MP's are using their advantage in law for their betterment, I said ALL MP's should lose immunity from the law. If you want a grown up conversation, then for Gods sake be grown up and stop the tit for tat, either take a holistic objective view or just stop.

The point would have been:

- Setting a standard and sticking to the rule of law.

- Getting a conviction of murder could have justified an international arrest / extradition warrant.

Let me explain this to you, Thaksin did not murder 2500 people and such charges would be thrown out of court on day 1 by the judge on an obvious legal failing by the prosecutors, just as Abhisit and Suthep did not 'murder' anybody and their charges WILL be thrown out . Thaksin ordered the extra judicial executions of what ended up as some 2500 people many many of whom were innocent, and certainly did not deserve an execution let alone without due process of law. Note, this was not a legal misinterpretation of rules of engagement or any other BS that people want to consider Abhisit and Suthep (along with senior crisis commander Tarit) got up to. This was the order to execute without trial ANYBODY SUSPECTED of being involved in the drug trade. Thaksin was 100% guilty of a humanitarian crime and how that will all be structured in the international courts when he eventually is brought to atone for those crimes is up to the lawyers. One thing is for sure though, the international courts will not slap a murder charge on him for him to walk free, they will nail him for life given the opportunity. As for the Tak Bai massacre just add it to the list. in the international courts, Justice has no expiry date.

• Like 1

Bearboxer wrote:

(text bolded by me)

Look here:

http://www.forbes.com/profile/thaksin-shinawatra/

"Shinawatra disclosed to FORBES in October that Thai authorities had returned to him close to $1 billion"

From $ 600 Million in August 2012 to $1,7 Billion in March 2013

No one knows who has authorized the transfer of $1 Billion (35.000.000.000 Baht), because there are many charges and courtcases still pending.

incredible, the government gives a convicted fugitive criminal $ 1 Billion and even a passport too.

Edited by tomacht8

Clearly one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Nopparit just as a matter of course says 'no it must be a fake report', since he wasn't told himself by Thaksin.

But it makes a great headline,

' Insurrection in the ranks of Team Thaksin. Who's in charge now? '

Either that or his check is late.

Edited by animatic

Talks is the only way to resolve problems in a normal society. Violence and and anarchy are not the way.

Calm down there's no need to shout.

It's a copy of the headline, dummy.