When Expatriates Meet - First Impressions

yes, well cheers for that totally pointless and inane digression. The tin hat brigade was good for a giggle.

Shall we get back onto the topic of which undesirable farang we prefer to avoid? :o

O.K.

Only the Brits, only the Brits. :D

Shall we get back onto the topic of which undesirable farang we prefer to avoid? :D

Puritans and the prudish.

These hypocrites ruined the land that I was born in, and they seem determined to spread their lies here as well.

The funny thing is that I never meet these people in real life - even Christian missionaries seem open-minded around here - but they seem to make up a very large percentage of posters on the Net.

Go back home and burn the witches! :o

No, I am not american.

But I want to humbly thank you for giving me the opportunity to state the fact publicly that I am not american.

I am not into conspiracy junk.

I have met several cia operatives and Thailand is an 'active' country for americas hidden agendas.

Did you notice the increased flights over thailand around the last election ? Did you know there is a warehouse full of cash from iraq kept under armed guard ? Did you know that there was nowhere near the thousands of deaths from the tsunami and that the americans shipped in bodies from irag and afghanistan that they could not explain and dumped them at sea the next day ?

Did you know that there's a fleet of black helicopters hidden away at Don Muang? Did you know that Thailand is the world's largest producer of tinfoil hats? :o

Do you have a web address for the tinfoil hats?? My kid's want one :D

Guest endure

No, I am not american.

But I want to humbly thank you for giving me the opportunity to state the fact publicly that I am not american.

I am not into conspiracy junk.

I have met several cia operatives and Thailand is an 'active' country for americas hidden agendas.

Did you notice the increased flights over thailand around the last election ? Did you know there is a warehouse full of cash from iraq kept under armed guard ? Did you know that there was nowhere near the thousands of deaths from the tsunami and that the americans shipped in bodies from irag and afghanistan that they could not explain and dumped them at sea the next day ?

Did you know that there's a fleet of black helicopters hidden away at Don Muang? Did you know that Thailand is the world's largest producer of tinfoil hats? :o

Do you have a web address for the tinfoil hats?? My kid's want one :D

If you want a tinfoil hat it's best to make your own. You don't know what mind control agents have been inserted during manufacture.

Instructions on building your own are here: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/ (These are for Windows and Mac users)

If you run Linux, Free BSD or have an Amiga you might prefer Mindguard http://zapatopi.net/mindguard/

:D:D

I tend to be wary of everyone I meet, but I give people a chance to show who they are. People will show their true colors given the chance. There are wannabees everywhere... And I for one didn't go to for the girls and I have all my parts too. I went there because my best friend spent a lot of his childhood in Thailand when his father was stationed there. He begged me for years to go with him, but I was happily married and heard all the stories. Shortly after he was blown to hel_l and back over here, I was divorced so no worries of being accused of infidelity and finally decided to see what the story was... I fell in love with the country then later my wife.

And for everybody's information, there are miles and miles of sand to bury people that we don't want found. Iraq is a giant litter box, we keep finding Saddams buried secrets everyday. Now I can I've pretty much heard it all. As for secret prisons... I'll not spoil the thread... Let's just say that we're more humane than they are, when it comes to captives.

Ever stop to think about what a list like this reveals about the poster?

Hmm, based on sound principles of psychoanalysis, let's see... :o

Author

avoids..............Author's hidden secrets

sexpat..............Priest or nun

a tourist............Discovery channel, armchair, and a cold beer is as far as he gets

a criminal..........Definitely not a risk-taker

a scammer........Always goes by the book; everything covered

............................by contract, including the shoe-shine boy's duties.

a sponger..........Wouldn't loan a baht to his dying mother

an alcoholic........Tee-totaler, of course

a pedophile.........Goes for senior citizens (only the rich ones on oxygen)

penniless.............Still gets his weekly allowance from dad back in Liverpool

homeless............Three vacation homes in Samui, but acquired by

...........................means revealed below.

a person of

mysterious

means................Unemployed, but wears it on his sleeve

a schizophrenic....Has it all together. Knows the personal names of all

...............................the inanimate objects he talks to

a Christian

missionary............Religious bigot (scratch "priest or nun" idea)

a hoodlum.............In the mafia, but more discreet and hi-so about it than a common hoodlum

a backpacker.........His idea of roughing it is turning up the air-con to 25

nor yet a

sanctimonious

weirdo who

talks about

"Thainess."............Hasn't spoken Thai to anyone since 1980; immigrated 1980

Edited by toptuan

Sheesh...so when you are introduced to someone they are gonna say ..Hi My Names XXXX and I'm an Alcoholic Pedo, Scamming, Backpacker. (to name but a few of the traits Steven refers to)

Gimme a break here

When you meet somene for the first time how can you tell ???? Unless of course you have a checklist to go through first and once you have estaablished they are none of these things...then you can carry on your conversation...with Jesus!!!

None of us have any time for Pedos..but how long does iy yake to know that someone you know IS ONE... When my Kids were your the Vicar from the United Reform Church in my villiage lived next door...he offered to babysit our young kids anytime we wanted to go out...well we never took him up on his offer ..then all of a sudden we are reading that he has been arrested for molesting young boys in the Church..when on bail we had all the Daily red Top Reporters camped outside until he cleared off to stay with family..one irrate Parent drove their car up on his lawn and smashed into his house.

So just tell me HOW CAN YOU TELL..when you first meet people what they are like???

What planet are you from Nawtilus, Pluto?

A funnier planet than yours.

'Endure'...Black helicopters are nothing new. I am not sure about the tin hats, but would not surprise me. With the warehouse here storing some 666,000,000.00 US$ in it I would think that tin hats of some description would help reflect brainwaves and keep the eaves dropping sattelites from picking up the location. Burmese troops are known to be gathering at the borders and deciphering these snippets of information. Do you think the burmese army really spend all their time stealing teak logs, chasing mountain woman around and moving capitals ? A score like this one will set them up for some time to come, you just wait and see what happens.

I'll talk to anyone me!

I passed a nice 20 minutes last night with a couple of the Mormons up here. Nice well mannered chaps who must have realised after 1 minute that I was a lost cause so didn't bother trying to turn me on to the word of God, so we talked of this and that until I could get a bike home. All very pleasant.

Generally, I find I don't trust or care for people that don't like a good burrito now and then.... nor for those who swear they have found a good one at a restaurant in Thailand either for that matter. :o

Well I have to tell you, the restaurant at the Ambassador Hotel in Bangkok at least has one that would fit the "Fair" catagory. :D

Generally, I find I don't trust or care for people that don't like a good burrito now and then.... nor for those who swear they have found a good one at a restaurant in Thailand either for that matter. :o

Well I have to tell you, the restaurant at the Ambassador Hotel in Bangkok at least has one that would fit the "Fair" catagory. :D

I lived in san Francisco for 15 years and Miguel's Fresh Mex in Chiang Mai is - at the least - pretty close to the real deal. :D