State of emergency costing millions of baht a day in food, other expenses

webfact

"As many as 200,000 police were deployed nationwide during the February 2 snap election and they were ordered to stay on duty for two to three more days."

Where were they when the fascists were stopping people from voting?

You hit it on the head there, where were they???

State of emergency costing millions of baht a day

NO, Suthep is costing the country millions a day and even a lot more !

What a crap story.

The only reason Yingluck has declared an SOE is because it gives them even more power to "abuse". That is the only reason. The protestors are not violent. They are not the reason we have a SOE. TAT, other tourist organizations and human right watch never agreed with it. Basically no business organization that relies on foreigners' income agrees with it.

Please give me other reasons if you don't agree.

• Like 2

State of emergency costing millions of baht a day

NO, Suthep is costing the country millions a day and even a lot more !

What a crap story.

Yingluck took the decision knowing full well what would happen. Its completely her responsibility, altho she never accepts any

I think your completely out of your mind... Yingluck took the decision ??? You Suthep lovers accept never any responsibility are you ?

I don't like the gov, neither i like Taksin, but at least I do understand who's responsible .

Suthep should be stopped urgently , or do you still believe after his reform it will get better for Thailand , wake up !

Then you don't understand an incompetent Proxy government run by a fugitive in Dubai. Blaming demonstrators who refuse to accept such a raw deal is not looking at cause and the source of the problem. Thaksin think , PT doe, as the voting ads said.

"The food bill alone for providing meals catered by a five-star hotel to caretaker Cabinet members and administrators of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order range from Bt100,000-Bt500,000 per day."

What the hell are they eating?

Bet it isn't rice.

Sounds to me that these numbers are pulled from thin air. One thing is for sure if 200,000 police were guarding

polling stations on election day, they did nothing to safe guard peoples right to vote. coffee1.gif

"As many as 200,000 police were deployed nationwide during the February 2 snap election and they were ordered to stay on duty for two to three more days."

Where were they when the fascists were stopping people from voting?

Certainly not catching those who were murdering protesters on both sides or bomb throwing scum.

The food bill alone for providing meals catered by a five-star hotel to caretaker Cabinet members and administrators of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order range from Bt100,000-Bt500,000 per day.

What about Chalerm's bar bill? That's additional, right?

This just makes me wonder what the justification was for imposing the SofE.

People demonstrating?

Traffic jams in Bangkok?

Demonstrators being attacked with bombs, grenades and bullets?

Clearly the SofE hasn't worked at stopping any of these, so clearly the intention was totally different.

Looks like it's time to challenge the SofE yet again.

• Like 1

The food bill alone for providing meals catered by a five-star hotel to caretaker Cabinet members and administrators of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order range from Bt100,000-Bt500,000 per day.

Hope that the caretaker-government remembered, to tip the serving-staff, mustn't forget the 'little people' they claim to represent ! wink.png

On the other hand, since they were all promised they'd be "rich after six months", perhaps there's no need to remember them ? facepalm.gif

To save money, just catch Suthep and his yellow thugs, then give the country back to the peaceful people.

Of course, there should be a budget allocated to keep him and his criminal "guards" in prison for many many years, but this can always be reduced to the strict minimum rolleyes.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Peaceful people? So peaceful people burn down 1/2 of the city in 2010, shoot the current protesters and throw grenades at them? You are so misguided. :)

• 1 month later...

Rather than stating that the caretaker government is spending the Thai press should be reporting that Suthep and his band are "costing."

........are costing who? they are financing themselves and not costing taxpayers anything.

• Like 1

Rather than stating that the caretaker government is spending the Thai press should be reporting that Suthep and his band are "costing."

........are costing who? they are financing themselves and not costing taxpayers anything.

They have cost the economy hundreds of billions of Baht. Included in that, untold misery for small business operators, employees, investors,shareholder....none of whom have done anything to Suthep and the moronic elite supportes

Give me a break.

You mean to tell me just because the protest is going on we should be paying for meals from 5 star hotels to be delivered to these guys?

Who pays for their meals and how much do they pay when the protests are not going on?

• Like 1

"BANGKOK: -- The food bill alone for providing meals catered by a five-star hotel to caretaker Cabinet members and administrators of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order range from Bt100,000-Bt500,000 per day.

While the exact cost is unknown, as there's no Parliament for the government to report to, some figures are already surfacing.

They include paying police and other security officers a per diem of Bt700, including Bt300 for meals.

That daily allowance is triple their normal rate"

It's good to see the Government and Supporters are looking after themselves,in these troubled times...... while the poor Farmers eke out a starvation existence!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

They have cost the economy hundreds of billions of Baht. Included in that, untold misery for small business operators, employees, investors,shareholder....none of whom have done anything to Suthep and the moronic elite supports

I think that you are holding the wrong person responsible actually.

Yingluck should have done the honourable thing and stood down once she had seen the extent of the protests against her, but a certain relation of hers refused to let her go for his selfish reasons.

Business is primarily supportive of the actions being deployed by Suthep and the PDRC if it succeeds in relieving Thailand of this abject bunch of corrupt morons that are masquerading as a government.

Thaksin is to blame and not Suthep!! I think you know this really but refuse to admit to it.

Why deploy 200,000 police for the elections (at such a vast cost) and then somehow make them invisible when they should have been monitoring the elections - of which they failed abysmally BTW much to the consternation of the government, perhaps they needed a million police to make a difference!!!

Thaksin is unequivocally to blame with his selfish stance against doing the right thing.

5* Hotels? I doubt any of the hungry rice farmers have ever even seen the inside of a 5* hotel.

Oh, what a sense of entitlement and misplaced priorities these leaders have.

In dire emergencies you normally have SOUP KITCHENS

Who has been transporting the 5 star food to Issan and Chiang Mai ???

Bt100,000-Bt500,000 per day.

While the exact cost is unknown, as there's no Parliament for the government to report to, some figures are already surfacing.

As much as I am sure it is costing a lot of money, between 100,and 500k suggests to me that this is a thumb suck of an article.

Well just using the calculator for 200,000 police at 700 baht per day is 140,000,000 per day without Chalerms ear medicine.

Bt100,000-Bt500,000 per day.

As much as I am sure it is costing a lot of money, between 100,and 500k suggests to me that this is a thumb suck of an article.

"This means that during the period, the caretaker Yingluck Shinawatra government and its security arms were spending Bt8.4 million per day."

The 'Bt100,000-Bt500,000 per day' is 'The food bill alone for providing meals catered by a five-star hotel to caretaker Cabinet members and administrators of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order

They do love their luxuries; especially when the taxpayer is picking up the bill.

Sounds to me that these numbers are pulled from thin air. One thing is for sure if 200,000 police were guarding

polling stations on election day, they did nothing to safe guard peoples right to vote. coffee1.gif

No, they've already submitted a bill for 1.5 billion to the EC and it was approved. They have another for 2 billion and Mr. Chalerm must now appear and explain what it is for as there is scant information on the invoice. Do try to keep up.

They have cost the economy hundreds of billions of Baht. Included in that, untold misery for small business operators, employees, investors,shareholder....none of whom have done anything to Suthep and the moronic elite supportes

No, that was caused by the stupid move by Yingluck Thaksin to declare a SOE so that every country in the World would automatically put out travel advisories. Name ONE action by the anti-government protesters that would justify a SOE and then correlate that event with the time frame of declaring the SOE. Just because you spew it doesn't make it true.

• Like 1

suthep is staying at dusit thani 5* royal suits for 30k/night. On top of it rooms for his goons and food for everybody.

reported cost of running protests is 10mln/day (that's paying 2k/day to some 500 guards, food, entertainment).

that is more, than government, police are spending. With cops getting 400b/day, armed goons are getting, at least, 5x more, they have a free food, and they are using whor*s without paying them (as reported 2 days ago).

suthep is staying at dusit thani 5* royal suits for 30k/night. On top of it rooms for his goons and food for everybody.

reported cost of running protests is 10mln/day (that's paying 2k/day to some 500 guards, food, entertainment).

that is more, than government, police are spending. With cops getting 400b/day, armed goons are getting, at least, 5x more, they have a free food, and they are using whor*s without paying them (as reported 2 days ago).

Very interesting. I doubt any of it is true but very interesting. What Red Shirt propaganda magazine did you get this information from? Any sources you'd like to share, hmmm? I thought not.

I read only TVF and, not so red, the Nation:

"Suthep Thaugsuban stayed on the 11th floor of the Dusit Thani Hotel, protected by heavily armed men. On Wednesday, Suthep went to the 18th floor of the Intercontinental, and at 2am went back to the Dusit Thani and slept on the 18th floor. Suthep travels with a convoy of three cars and 50 motorcycles."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/CMPO-seeks-warrants-for-39-more-protest-leaders-30226274.html

you can check by yourself prices at those hotel's websites. Looks, like he is taking the whole floors, with tens of rooms.

Daily cost of running protest, in fact, is over 10mln.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697215-bangkok-shutdown-pdrc-spending-more-than-bt10-million-a-day

And my underestimation, no 500 goons, but 2000 guards and staff, according to the article above. Wages were reported by the former security guard, who left due to an internal conflict for the leadership of guards and in many previous articles here on TVF.

In this article spending on food and beverages estimated 1-2mln/day, so 4-10x more, than estimation for the government and agencies. I would think, that food for officials are cooked on premisses, rather than being delivered to very different places all over bangkok from some 5* hotel's kitchen - simply of the logistic delivering several meals per day as well as control over safety of food, which might become contaminated on it's lengthy journey.

"many prostitutes also complained that the PDRC guards failed to pay them after getting sexual services and refused to use condoms."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710524-political-rallies-lead-to-more-homeless-people-living-on-bangkoks-streets

• Like 1