Phuket Immigration Nightmare

phuketjock

Pattaya, 90 day report, 10 minutes, retirement, just did my renewal, 10 minutes again, back next day to pick up passport, 3 minutes.

Good for you.

Although I'm not sure why you're sharing your Pattaya experiences on this Phuket forum topic.

If you're trying to make comparisons, you should be aware this topic was started more than 2 years ago when it was a nightmarish experience to get extensions here.

Things change, read about member's recent experiences for a better understanding.

2 years ago was a nightmarish experience getting extensions?? in the 7 years I have been here never had a nightmarish experience!!

Every extension I have done has been quickly processed, maybe it can change with the time of year, my extension is October!

Edited by Badrabbit

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya, 90 day report, 10 minutes, retirement, just did my renewal, 10 minutes again, back next day to pick up passport, 3 minutes.

Good for you.

Although I'm not sure why you're sharing your Pattaya experiences on this Phuket forum topic.

If you're trying to make comparisons, you should be aware this topic was started more than 2 years ago when it was a nightmarish experience to get extensions here.

Things change, read about member's recent experiences for a better understanding.

2 years ago was a nightmarish experience getting extensions?? in the 7 years I have been here never had a nightmarish experience!!

Every extension I have done has been quickly processed, maybe it can change with the time of year, my extension is October!

agree;never had any trouble getting an extension in 12 years

up until 2 years ago would usually be in and out with extension and re entry permit in under 1 hour ( helps i do my extension in June)

Now need to pick up passport in afternoon or next day

PS; found things ran MUCH better before they allowed the farang volunteers in.

up until 2 years ago would usually be in and out with extension and re entry permit in under 1 hour ( helps i do my extension in June)

From my point of view the extension process improved dramaticaly when Immigration introduced the queuing syatem, which is administered by the volunteers.

These volunteers chack through the applicants documents and weed out those with inadequate supporting documnets. My main complaint is that just one volunteers is insufficient at rush time. Later on the volunteers just twidle their thumbs

In my last 2 extension application I have noticed a great improvement in waiting time.

Now that the 90 day report has been simplified the queue should be much quicker, recently did mine and was very impressed with the immigration officer who came out from behind his desk and cleared the queue quickly by saying to people " 90 day reports" anyone that said yes was ushered inside and given a ticket, the queue was reduced very quickly, the volunteers should be doing this!

From my point of view the extension process improved dramaticaly when Immigration introduced the queuing syatem, which is administered by the volunteers.

These volunteers chack through the applicants documents and weed out those with inadequate supporting documnets. My main complaint is that just one volunteers is insufficient at rush time. Later on the volunteers just twidle their thumbs

In my last 2 extension application I have noticed a great improvement in waiting time.

From memory your extension was about xmas time and based on marriage?

I completed my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago. New downstairs office, no volunteers were sighted. One Immigration Officer did it all - received, checked and processed the application ready for the boss to latter issue and sign the permit. Much more efficient.

As stated on another thread, most of these type of applicants usually present thorough, completed forms that don't require all the extra levels of checking.

completed my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago. New downstairs office, no volunteers were sighted. One Immigration Officer did it all - received, checked and processed the application ready for the boss to latter issue and sign the permit. Much more efficient.

As stated on another thread, most of these type of applicants usually present thorough, completed forms that don't require all the extra levels of checking.

exactly the way it was before!!!

++ as i stated remove the volunteers with inflated egos of their importance and things run smoother.

From memory your extension was about xmas time and based on marriage?

I completed my retirement extension a couple of weeks ago. New downstairs office, no volunteers were sighted. One Immigration Officer did it all - received, checked and processed the application ready for the boss to latter issue and sign the permit. Much more efficient.

Exactly correct - I renewed on 24th December, and picked up my passport on Xmas day.

Yes, my extension based n marriage and somewhat complicated as I have a WP and can no longer just show money in bank, but have to provide tax returns, many company papers, 2 copies of every thing. Quite a thick bundle. The volunteer just gulps, comments that I must know what's required, and gives me a wait number ...

Yes, I read that annual extensions are now downstairs. I look forward to a fast process next Dember.

<snip>

Yes, I read that annual extensions are now downstairs. I look forward to a fast process next Dember.

Annual extensions based upon retirement are now processed downstairs, while extensions based upon marriage are still processed upstairs.

Did my first 90 day for my current extension today at Phuket immigration

what a difference from previous 90 days, zero paperwork in and out 6 mins,

perhaps this op was worth making all that time ago. clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Now all we need is Patong office to follow suit, they were the first to do 90

day checks without the need for all the unnecessary paper??? where did

it go wrong??

it go wrong??

Why don't you do the 90 day notification on line ? Bit of a hassle as the Thai Immigration app is not very user friendly, have to use Explorer 7 or 8. I've made my 90 day report online over the past 2 years.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

Just ignore the certificate error warning. Crapy app.

Edited by LivinginKata

I've never been able to do my 90 day on line, I think it's because my last arrival was in 2011 at a southern land border.

I have been successfully imputing a friend's report for the past year, even though his last arrival was in 2010. My latest attempt, however, didn't work, so he had to front up at the office.

He asked a volunteer why it now didn't work, and was initially told it was because his arrival was too long ago.

When he said it worked last year, he was then told that it needs to be done online between 15 and 5 days before the stated date.

Could be right, their web site was down for a few days when I tried to process it and it would have been past that window when I got in.

The infamous questionary from Bangkok has arrived in Phuket.

Noticed that people doing a short term extensions downstairs were asked to fill in the 3 page questionary which is introduced in Bangkok.

Is not exactly the same and has to be signed.

Strangely the questionary is not (yet) required for 1 year extensions.

it go wrong??

Why don't you do the 90 day notification on line ? Bit of a hassle as the Thai Immigration app is not very user friendly, have to use Explorer 7 or 8. I've made my 90 day report online over the past 2 years.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

Just ignore the certificate error warning. Crapy app.

Much the same as old croc i have tried many times without success, presumably

because I last came in Jan 2011 by air. I think, but am not sure, that if I take a trip

out and back I will be able to do online 90 day reports???

Noticed that people doing a short term extensions downstairs were asked to fill in the 3 page questionary which is introduced in Bangkok.

No it hasn't, I did my through my accountant TODAY. Did not have to fill out anything.

No it hasn't, I did my through my accountant TODAY. Did not have to fill out anything.

Yes it started yesterday but only for short stay extensions for now.

Probable you did a long stay extension.

New personal details now supposedly mandatory. Got to love the article where it states that on one of the photocopies a companies details with all pertinent information was on the back of the photocopy, and in the same story the General saying all info will be secure!

http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-personal-details-form-arrives-at-phuket-immigration-57510.php

Do I need to fill out this form before my next 90 day report? do you need to fill out this form at every 90 day report or is one form enough to satisfy immigration? they want to know where I go, 7/11, freshmart, family mart, swimming pool, central, big C, many different street vendors, mom and pop store, toilet, is this form big enough?

Edited by Badrabbit

New personal details now supposedly mandatory. Got to love the article where it states that on one of the photocopies a companies details with all pertinent information was on the back of the photocopy, and in the same story the General saying all info will be secure!

http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-personal-details-form-arrives-at-phuket-immigration-57510.php

Yes, all personal info is secure - no need to worry. Your passport photocopy won't be re-used as some other form to save them at most 50 satang, unlike this one I was given last week:

post-35489-0-76665600-1463840515_thumb.j

(The original wasn't blanked out.)

After drawing the diagonal line through the passport picture, I decided to do the same on the back of my own passport copies. Maybe - just maybe - that'll stop them using my old copies.

Yes, all personal info is secure - no need to worry. Your passport photocopy won't be re-used as some other form to save them at most 50 satang, unlike this one I was given last week:

attachicon.gifRussian Passport Epson_116f.JPG

After drawing the diagonal line through the passport picture, I decided to do the same on the back of my own passport copies. Maybe - just maybe - that'll stop them using my old copies.

Yep, it's pretty bad at Phuket Immigration. On the back of my 90 day notification there is a copy of someone's Thai ID card! On the back of my notification of my residence is someone's financial statement from the financial controller of the company they work for... Brilliant!

attachicon.gifRussian Passport Epson_116f.JPG

Yep, it's pretty bad at Phuket Immigration. On the back of my 90 day notification there is a copy of someone's Thai ID card! On the back of my notification of my residence is someone's financial statement from the financial controller of the company they work for... Brilliant!

I wish more people would start complaining more about the reuse of personal information to the officers.

We can complain here but nothing will change then.

Popped into immigration this morning to pick up the personal information form, waste of time!! volunteer laughed then laughed some more, " have you got the form" she laughed again and mumbled "they give us lots of forms, we not have"

Edited by Badrabbit

yea, but that does not answer if we need it,

anyone have to fill it out IT YET?

Sorry I also asked " so I don't need to bother about it then" she laughed! She did mention about filling out a TM7 form, lost me there! Edited by Badrabbit

yea, but that does not answer if we need it,

anyone have to fill it out IT YET?

Sorry I also asked " so I don't need to bother about it then" she laughed! She did mention about filling out a TM7 form, lost me there!

Take some time to pass new laws........