Dr. Sudhee

Dellboy218

Was under Prof. Sudhee's knife again yesterday and for those that use his services, he tells me that he will cease wielding the scalpel at some point during this year. I imagine that at that time he will decide whether to oversee operations or cease altogether. Currently he still works out of the Ram Monday and Thursday mornings.

I saw him three years ago when he had his clinic. He had already started cutting back on his operations. He referred me to another doctor for a arthroscopic surgery on my knee. He said he was to old for that delicate surgery. I recently saw him for another problem. I was using him as a second opinion. I greatly respect the man's knowledge and he is a great source of information.

I have a permanently broken foot. When I first saw him that was the major reason. He X rayed it looked at the X ray and advised me that as long as I could get along with painkillers ans sleep with them to let it be. He then proceeded to explain the difficulty involved in the operation and said he had only seen it done once in 40 years.

I had the surgeon in Canada and his replacement when he was on holiday both advise against the operation one said 15% of the time it didn't work but Doctor Sudhee explained why not to have it done. It was not just a simple fusing of the foot. He showed me on the X ray the problems involved. Liked the doctor back in Canada said even then there was a chance of it not working.

edit

Chiang Mai will be loosing a great reference source.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

sounds to me the man is more than just "a great reference source."

Yes he is an honest man.

He admits when some surgeries are to much for him at his age.

Unlike many surgeons he will pass up the chance to make a baht.

He chuckled to me when he recommended the knee arthroscopic surgeon. He said I am you age.

7 years ago I had seen a surgeon in Ram who wanted to flop me on the table and fuse the foot right then. Having 7 years experience with it at that point and the advice of surgeons back in Canada I laughed at him.

sounds to me the man is more than just "a great reference source."

Yes he is an honest man.

He admits when some surgeries are to much for him at his age.

Unlike many surgeons he will pass up the chance to make a baht.

He chuckled to me when he recommended the knee arthroscopic surgeon. He said I am you age.

7 years ago I had seen a surgeon in Ram who wanted to flop me on the table and fuse the foot right then. Having 7 years experience with it at that point and the advice of surgeons back in Canada I laughed at him.

I had a similar experience of wanting to do something immediately (not with my foot), but the surgeon wasn't from Ram.....Dr. Sudhee also advised against the procedure and that was also about 7 years ago (must have been his year for advising against) biggrin.png

Dr. Paiboon at Ram over 20 years, is a fine ortho surgeon, an honest man with a great sense of humour. Trouble is that he's also reaching 70 and cutting back on his workload. Let's hope these good surgeons stay around in an advisory role.

• Like 2

ok u were under his knife for what and did it work, he is doing my knee replacement in march, just curious

That was for a minor Carpal Tunnel operation. If you are curious about whether to trust him, he carried out two operations on my spine 3 years ago which allowed me to walk and work again, otherwise I could only walk for 50-100 yards and stay on my feet for 90 seconds before being in agony. It took him seconds to spot the problem on an MRI that many other doctors all over town missed. He carried out the operations as there was no other choice. As others have said before, he will not operate if there is another option. I had an industry medical in Singapore a while after the spine operations and the comment from the doctor there was "your surgeon had good hands!" Good luck with your operation but I doubt whether you will need it.

I saw him three years ago when he had his clinic. He had already started cutting back on his operations. He referred me to another doctor for a arthroscopic surgery on my knee. He said he was to old for that delicate surgery. I recently saw him for another problem. I was using him as a second opinion. I greatly respect the man's knowledge and he is a great source of information.

I have a permanently broken foot. When I first saw him that was the major reason. He X rayed it looked at the X ray and advised me that as long as I could get along with painkillers ans sleep with them to let it be. He then proceeded to explain the difficulty involved in the operation and said he had only seen it done once in 40 years.

I had the surgeon in Canada and his replacement when he was on holiday both advise against the operation one said 15% of the time it didn't work but Doctor Sudhee explained why not to have it done. It was not just a simple fusing of the foot. He showed me on the X ray the problems involved. Liked the doctor back in Canada said even then there was a chance of it not working.

edit

laugh.png

• Like 1

edit

laugh.png

For those of us who don't use these 'Emoticon' things--What is that supposed to mean???

Edited by haybilly

edit

laugh.png

For those of us who don't use these 'Emoticon' things--What is that supposed to mean???

Were it said for a surgeon to be, "cutting back", that might be misconstude to be a play on words, got it?

edit

laugh.png

Were it said for a surgeon to be, "cutting back", that might be misconstude to be a play on words, got it?

"misconstude"--yeah, got it.

Actually--it was quite good, really--sorry--I was too slow, by half.

In fact--only on a second reading--did I see your highlighting--sorry.

Edited by Tywais

A good doc is a good doc. And he is a good doc. He has the wisdom of experience as well as technical experience.

Perhaps his technical experience --- not his good judgment --- may now be limited, and he might admit this himself. True of any physician-surgeon, just like any other professional. Hopefully you bloom, mature, contribute to others, but (alas) eventually fade.

I don't think his departure from the field in untimely. Just thank and toast him!

Anyway, there are a lot of sensible orthopedic surgeons in Chiang Mai, a lot probably training by him!

• Like 1