Chalerm says CMPO has surprise for PDRC in afternoon

webfact

Is it this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon?

In seriousness after watching the riot police manoeuvre yesterday I am convinced they were fed intelligence or rather counter-intelligence as to what their mission was expected to encounter. It really was a very embarrassing thing to watch and I feel sorry for the commander on the ground. He must have been well pi55ed off and the morale of his men will now be a notch lower as a result That together with most likely a nearby contingent of very well organised, alert, and well disciplined folk with much bigger guns (read Army) the powers that be decided on a swift 180 and that was the end of that. Thankfully. That's my take on it. Would be interested in what the eye witnesses thought of it all. Have this group of riot police all gone home?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The slanted and incomplete local press reports and media in addition to the annoying and content emptiness of many TVF posters have tonight made this informed report by the Wall Street Journal a surprising breathe of facts and fresh perspective on the events of today's police movements to reclaim the protest sites. For once Chalerm is quoted intelligently in some detail instead of the one liners so favored for derision here...

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-455106/

Wall Street Journal

Whereas the WSJ reporting was totally non-aligned? There is no mention in this "informed report" about the real problems, corruption, embezzlement and self-serving acts, that have given rise to the current situation, nor indeed, about the probability of the cheated farmers filling the capital next week.

Chalerm is quoted as being a reasonable man with an affable character and a desire to engage in negotiations, which of course is laughable. How come they don't describe him as the mad dog that he actually is. Foreign interests in Thailand perhaps?

What you have quoted is simply a further example of the distorted view of the current situation in Thailand put out by the foreign press. What more proof do you need? .... "Chalerm is quoted intelligently"....?!

edited to add: Let's see how calm and composed he is once it becomes clear that the only reason he has been put into his present position is so that the Shin clan can "throw him under the bus" and claim that any decline into serious civil unrest was all his fault.

Edited by GeorgeO

I am astonished daily that this barfly BS artist is given so much authority and power. He's dangerous, belligerent and possibly on the sauce. Lets face it, not a good combination at any time. Still at least he's not Tarit.

"possibly on the sauce" cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Can I ask the yellow mob on here. If we see Suthep in chains, do you have any problem if the pro government lobby claim yet another victory (with arms tied behind back) Losing is a culture

Let them arrest him, no charges will stick and it will only make him look good in the eyes of people for not running away.

The slanted and incomplete local press reports and media in addition to the annoying and content emptiness of many TVF posters have tonight made this informed report by the Wall Street Journal a surprising breathe of facts and fresh perspective on the events of today's police movements to reclaim the protest sites. For once Chalerm is quoted intelligently in some detail instead of the one liners so favored for derision here...

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-455106/

Wall Street Journal

Whereas the WSJ reporting was totally non-aligned? There is no mention in this "informed report" about the real problems, corruption, embezzlement and self-serving acts, that have given rise to the current situation, nor indeed, about the probability of the cheated farmers filling the capital next week.

Chalerm is quoted as being a reasonable man with an affable character and a desire to engage in negotiations, which of course is laughable. How come they don't describe him as the mad dog that he actually is. Foreign interests in Thailand perhaps?

What you have quoted is simply a further example of the distorted view of the current situation in Thailand put out by the foreign press. What more proof do you need? .... "Chalerm is quoted intelligently"....?!

edited to add: Let's see how calm and composed he is once it becomes clear that the only reason he has been put into his present position is so that the Shin clan can "throw him under the bus" and claim that any decline into serious civil unrest was all his fault.

You might like this one?

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/police-move-onto-protest-site-in-bangkok-no-iolence-witness-1.484100#ixzz2tIAG2DE9

I just got a message from the US Embassy saying that the protestors are now setting up a new site at the intersection of Ploen Chit and Wireless Road very close to the US Embassy and near my home. Maybe they are again going to completely take over and occupy it again as they said they would do previously a few weeks ago. If you think Chalerm is a Bulldog; just piss off the Marines stationed there, they will show you how to break up a bunch renegade, flag flying, wistle blowing so called protesters who sit in the roads, close bridges and make life miserable for people who live here in the city and think it is a way to gain support. I am sorry but this is getting old now, what part of " I will not step down" do they not understand. Go ahead and beat me up for this post but I am just tired of all this crap, sorry. coffee1.gif

Your marines will do absolutely nothing, it's not USA so if they don't like it they can go home and take you with them.
  • Like 1

What a farce...

What happened then? all mouth and no trousers, last time he had a confrontation with Sutheps mob he ran away, left brown skid marks all the way to chang Mai.

With Chalerm saying he is going to arrest all and sundry, and Yingluck saying the farmers will be paid soon, who really believes these lying and cheating b*****rds, do they actually believe themselves?

• Like 2

I just got a message from the US Embassy saying that the protestors are now setting up a new site at the intersection of Ploen Chit and Wireless Road very close to the US Embassy and near my home. Maybe they are again going to completely take over and occupy it again as they said they would do previously a few weeks ago. If you think Chalerm is a Bulldog; just piss off the Marines stationed there, they will show you how to break up a bunch renegade, flag flying, wistle blowing so called protesters who sit in the roads, close bridges and make life miserable for people who live here in the city and think it is a way to gain support. I am sorry but this is getting old now, what part of " I will not step down" do they not understand. Go ahead and beat me up for this post but I am just tired of all this crap, sorry. coffee1.gif

The protesters could pinch their noses and they would have the order to not blink.

Think of only one elderly female protestor is falling unlucky and dies, the news -->"US marines kill elderly Thai woman"....very easy to spin that into some populist drama that spins complete out of control.

They would rather evacuate the embassy than risk some nonsense like that.

he turned the mass rally weekend of love into a damp squib

many stay away, many there want to leave. now the weekend finish it's over for suthep

big hand to chalerm he keep the mob in their place for 2 days. mob think they defending site... chalerm know they cornered and he has them stay in one place.

big mass rally weekend finish already .... monday going to be nobody on street for the thugs.

When I see the soldiers, I feel assured.

Any group led by Chalerm is suspect!

Beware.... there is no law with Chalerm.

GO SOLDIERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

[it is Saturday.... one day PAST Chalerm's surprise! Now that he lied is NOT a surprise!]

Do you mean you would like to see the soldiers disperse the crowd, considering there has been violence and lives lost already?

I've been following reporting on Pol. Capt. Chalerm Yoobamrung for fifteen years. I consider it impossible for him to surprise me. His most recent pronouncement falls into the same category as his, "If Thaksin doesn't return in 2013, you can cut off my head". Just an old drunk who's gone wet-brained. If he didn't say sensational things, no one would pay any attention to him.

• Like 1

Watching Chalerm these past 2 weeks, one senses that he has been laying out his trap and taunting Suthep along the way. Psychological pressure increased by small increments.

This article was to me an amazing article!!!! A landmar!! A Milestone - because it proved GK WRONG for the 1000th time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!giggle.gif

I've been following reporting on Pol. Capt. Chalerm Yoobamrung for fifteen years. I consider it impossible for him to surprise me. His most recent pronouncement falls into the same category as his, "If Thaksin doesn't return in 2013, you can cut off my head". Just an old drunk who's gone wet-brained. If he didn't say sensational things, no one would pay any attention to him.

Looks like that someone has tinker together there, his own little police apparatus.
With Chief Chalerm Yoobamrung - Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order – (CMPO) with a seat also in the the DSI.
and
Taksins cousin Surapong Tovichakchaikul , Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO)
and
Tarit Pengdit - Department of Special Investigation (DSI) with a seat also in the CMPO
So all together they are CMPO – CAPO – DSI
There is currently no Parliament that controls this.
CMPO – CAPO – DSI are no ministries.
Whom they are subordinated in hierarchy?
Chalerms Ministery of Labour?
Or direct PM Yingluck in Caretaker mode?
Who is responsible?

Looks like that someone has tinker together there, his own little police apparatus.
With Chief Chalerm Yoobamrung - Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order – (CMPO) with a seat also in the the DSI.
and
Taksins cousin Surapong Tovichakchaikul , Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO)
and
Tarit Pengdit - Department of Special Investigation (DSI) with a seat also in the CMPO
So all together they are CMPO – CAPO – DSI
There is currently no Parliament that controls this.
CMPO – CAPO – DSI are no ministries.
Whom they are subordinated in hierarchy?
Chalerms Ministery of Labour?
Or direct PM Yingluck in Caretaker mode?
Who is responsible?

Just throwing out this question for debate:

Is it treason for the CMPO, CAPO, and DSI to take orders from a non-elected, non-governmental person living in another country?

Surprise....The protesters are still on Changwattana...clap2.gif

RT@Nattha_ThaiPBS : CMPO said that priority is traffic flow and safety and ask for mercy from Phra Buddha Issara to open area beside ChaengWattana stage.

Theres the surprise Chalerm is asking, pleading with even, Phra Buddha Issara that the road be opened.

It would seem that CMPO is not the only one concerned with safety

RT@Lerlaforever Bhudda Issara to Police: If I open the road for you, will you guarantee no more attacks against us?