Yingluck told of "unpredictable and uncontrollable" consequence if farmers lose patience

webfact

"A farmer leader told caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra last night that if farmers were forced to lose their patience, what they would turn to would be unpredictable and uncontrollable."

Oooh! I'm sure she's shaking now in her obscenely expensive Burberry boots.

"He said he sold all his crop to the scheme at about 500,000 baht and received (a) voucher instead of cash despite his wife would warn that he should sell to millers and get cash instead."

He probably also sold his vote to PTP and got the same thing for it - zip, zilch, nada. Only empty promises and false hopes. Next time do as your wife says. She seems less gullible than you are.

• Like 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The farmers need the money ASAP. Why is the government still sitting on the case not doing anything?

Suthep used the farmers to sue the government. It was his strategy to use them. If he could get money, he should have given all the money to the farmers instead of setting up the legal action against the government. The farmers need money other than anything else now.

I am sure that the farmers want to sue the government but receiving the money is their first priority.

It would be interesting to see how Suthep will take it from here. The farmers are angry and some of the Reds are already start having their second thoughts about the government. But Suthep or Democrat need to show their respect to the farmers and take care of them financially.

Thaksin took care of the farmers well and this is the reason why there are many farmers who love Thaksin.

Can Suthep do the same way Thaksin took care of the farmers? I hope he can but not sure.

Politicians are greedy liars. Thaksin and Suthep are very much the same to me.

It does not matter who would be the next prime minister, the corruption will continue.

Suthep used the farmers to sue the government cheesy.gif

The Framers are doing that themselves they didn't wait for Suthep to collect money for them!

Thaksin took care of the farmers well and this is the reason why there are many farmers who love Thaksin

maybe true once, But I doubt that many still love him, or why would they ant yingluk out of office if they don't get paid?

This lady is tough. No matter what she will not quit.

There are still IMF loans and other funds to pilfer and the Shredding machines have not yet stopped. That's when she will step down "in the interests of the Nation".

It is disgraceful how the farmers have been treated. They have a hard enough life as it is. There's a lot to be said for the old adage - a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. With hindsight, they should have negotiated for part payment of their crops at market value in cash and taken the paper on the additional upside. At least they would have had some cash + some rice vs no cash + no rice.

Being tough is easy, listening to people, understanding and showing some decency is harder to do. Thankfully I left TL long ago, but even from a distance, the treatment of the poor and uneducated at the hands of the government is despicable - I don't care how cute may thinks she is, lipstick aside, she's just as bad as her brother.

He is a selfish coward and she is utterly stupid to listen to him and obey his orders!!

She will be on her way soon never mind what happens with the farmers as they (the courts)

are about to indict her for both negligence of duty with the rice scam and the 2 trillion dollar corruption scheme - and that's just for starters!!!

The farmers need the money ASAP. Why is the government still sitting on the case not doing anything?

Suthep used the farmers to sue the government. It was his strategy to use them. If he could get money, he should have given all the money to the farmers instead of setting up the legal action against the government. The farmers need money other than anything else now.

I am sure that the farmers want to sue the government but receiving the money is their first priority.

It would be interesting to see how Suthep will take it from here. The farmers are angry and some of the Reds are already start having their second thoughts about the government. But Suthep or Democrat need to show their respect to the farmers and take care of them financially.

Thaksin took care of the farmers well and this is the reason why there are many farmers who love Thaksin.

Can Suthep do the same way Thaksin took care of the farmers? I hope he can but not sure.

Politicians are greedy liars. Thaksin and Suthep are very much the same to me.

It does not matter who would be the next prime minister, the corruption will continue.

Thaksin gave the farmers 300 baht so he could steal a few billion...with the backing of their votes.

You can only steal so much until their is nothing left to steal, and thats whats happening now.

We were told by some of the reddish propagandists that the farmers were not joining Suthep's protests. Well here it is in black & white from Thai PBS:

The farmer leader who said to represent the Network for Farmers from 77 provinces, Mr Dhaicharn Mata, addressed farmers nationwide through the Blue Sky channel on the protest stage of the anti-government protesters that he is among a victim to the government’s rice-pledging scheme.

There is a real danger for the CMPO stooges that farmers join the protests in numbers. The next door red thugs in Pathum Thani & Samut Prakarn won't want to attack protestors now will they? I do feel for the unpaid farmers but having been awakened to being used by Thaksin I hope they have the sense to do everything to remove the cheats who lied to them.

I'm very much with the wives who tell their husbands to get the money & don't come back until they do.

A "real" political party would have had her head months ago. Look at the rice scheme disaster - who has Phuea Thai sacked over that spectacular piece of fraud and incompetence? She still has a job because Thaksin OWNS this party.

She doesn't need to quit, the National Anti-Corruption Commission is going to do the job for her.

I think the farmers shot themselves in the foot they their rice sold to the government instead of the rice millers because they got a better price and instead of Cash they got a voucher, Now they are bitching that they've got no money so who's the winner here - Certainly not The Thai people if all the farmers vote for him or his party in the next election Then Thailand will have a " Democratic Government " run by the Bangkok Elitists Who will have gained Power by Non democratic principals almost bordering on Anarchism.

They wont do anything for the people of Thailand Then we'll have an uprising of all the ex Red shirts who will be bitching now about how the democrats gained power after two decades of Trying and the country will be back to where we are now Suthep isn't going to change anything in the Government despite all his Posturing About setting up an appointed committee that will do all the housekeeping and get rid of corruption Good Idea Ha Ha - Will Never Happen

I don't know what the solution is. But We certainly Need one

Merryma88

Likely one of the factors the Yingluck administration decided to apply massive police force today was because of the impending farmers march in Bangkok on Monday. There is no question this issue is a great embarrassment to the administration. And it also impedes their narrative that the unrest is all about the PDRC. This farmer's story and observations are heart-breaking. Perhaps the prospect of having Yingluck yet again refuse to meet the farmers on Monday, was something Pheu Thai simply couldn't let happen. What better way than to prevent such a march from ever materializing.

The "massive police force today" was to remove protesters from the smallest of the "sites" which they did without violence. That was, without a doubt, the Chalerm response for his loss of face on three counts yesterday. His dilemma is yet to come. If the farmers get seriously aggressive, should he apply the emergency decree and arrest/tear gas them or should he be nice to them because they voted for the PTP.

"If they did not pay rents, landlords would let other farmers to rent instead, which means they could lose their right to farm again, he said."

Farmers hardly ever rent rice fields for cash. They pay the owner in paddy - usually 30% of production or 50% if the owner supplies all the seeds, fertiliser and pesticide. In that sense most landlords are in the same boat because they have also pledged the paddy from their land.

The big problem is that unpaid farmers can't plant for the next crop unless the owner supplies them with the seeds etc which is unlikely if the owners haven't been paid either. Some farmers have been paid before others in the same district for reasons one can only guess at. However, it is unlikely that there are enough of these to take away fields for rent from unpaid farmers. The way things work in the Thai plutocracy the farmers who have been paid represent the wealthiest farmers who have plenty of their own land and no interest in renting land from others. Nevertheless I don't blame him for using any argument he can think of. The situation is a man made catastrophe of staggering proportions.

Likely one of the factors the Yingluck administration decided to apply massive police force today was because of the impending farmers march in Bangkok on Monday. There is no question this issue is a great embarrassment to the administration. And it also impedes their narrative that the unrest is all about the PDRC. This farmer's story and observations are heart-breaking. Perhaps the prospect of having Yingluck yet again refuse to meet the farmers on Monday, was something Pheu Thai simply couldn't let happen. What better way than to prevent such a march from ever materializing.

The "massive police force today" was to remove protesters from the smallest of the "sites" which they did without violence. That was, without a doubt, the Chalerm response for his loss of face on three counts yesterday. His dilemma is yet to come. If the farmers get seriously aggressive, should he apply the emergency decree and arrest/tear gas them or should he be nice to them because they voted for the PTP.

Will Chalerm start using the same rhetoric against the farmers? He might end up with a machete through his skull - unpredictable consequence.

Edited by Dogmatix

PM: Farmers will be paid on Feb 17

BANGKOK, 14 February 2014 (NNT) –The Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reaffirmed that all farmers registered with the government’s rice support program will be paid, starting on February 17th.

Amid the ongoing protests by farmers who have not received their rice compensations, the prime minister during a trip to Ayutthaya, reassured growers that the government would start making payments to the farmers from Feb 17 onwards.

The cabinet earlier gave approval to a 712 million baht budget which will be allocated to farmers waiting for their September 2013 payment.

During the trip to Ayutthaya with her son, the locals gave Miss Yingluck flowers to show their moral support as she moved towards Panun Cheong Temple to make merit on the special occasion of Makha Pucha Day.

Joining the Premier on her visit were her sister, Yaowapa Wongsawat and Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-02-14 footer_n.gif

Perhaps, it is a good news for the farmers. At least they will receive some money. But I wonder when the farmers get paid in full.