NIDA Poll says 56.59% want Yingluck to resign

webfact

NIDA Poll says 56.59% want Yingluck to resign

nidapoll-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- NIDA Poll says caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should step down to allow a neutral prime minister to run the country and resolve the current political deadlock.

This is the finding from the latest survey of a total of 1,251 samples who are government and state enterprise employees from all regions in the country regarding their perspectives on political protests.

On reply to a question about the decision-making of the prime minister under the current political deadlock, 56.59% said the prime minister should step down to pave the way for the appointment of a neutral prime minister to run the country and resolve the political deadlock.

18.94% said the caretaker prime minister should stay put and remain in the caretaker role, while 4.96% proposed suppression by force to end the protest of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC). The remaining 11.83%urged all rival parties to sit down for talk to find a solution through peaceful mean, while suggesting the caretaker government to abide by the constitution and rules of law and to reform the country before going forward with the general election.

When asked about the protests organized by the PDRC and other protest groups against the government and the Thaksin regime, 49% agreed to the protests viewing that the Thaksin regime is a patronage regime which aimed at making benefit to its people, particularly corrupted politicians, and is a regime which will inflict enormous damages to the country. They said the regime repeated errors and therefore wanted to see reform.

41.01% pollsters voiced disagreement to protest rallies reasoning that the protest has no clear direction and stand. They said the protest led to disturbance in the country, undermine economy, and hurting the country’s foreign confidence. 2% said yes and no to the protest citing both advantages and disadvantages while 7.19% were uncertain and did not comment.

Asked about their participation in any political rallies organized by the PDRC or other protest groups, 80.98% said they never participated in protest rallies while 19.02% said they ever took part.

For those who used to take part in anti-government protests, 59.66% said they participated in protest rallies in Bangkok, 27.315 said they took part in the provinces, and 13.03% said they participated in rallies both in Bangkok and provinces.

When asked about their future participation in PDRC protest rallies, 61.71% said they would not take part while 27.5% said they would join, while 10.79% said it depended on situation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nida-poll-says-56-59-want-yingluck-resign/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-14

• Like 2

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing about that poll show its intentions were not bias it was taken by state and government employees, not a cross section of the country, a bias poll that only received a 50% approval, not to much support there!

Cheers

Exactly, the next time if they are going to run a biased poll, make the numbers more believable, in the range of 84% should do it.

• Like 2

I think Yingluck should resign. Her resignation might end the protest also.

But it look like she does not want to resign. I guess Thaksin is telling her to stay in.

It is amazing to see that she is still standing after all the issues and problems she created.

• Like 1

Nothing about that poll show its intentions were not bias it was taken by state and government employees, not a cross section of the country, a bias poll that only received a 50% approval, not to much support there!

Cheers

The poll was for government employees to give their opinion was it not? So how is that a biased poll?

Even Yingluck would probably like to resign herself but there is one important person residing in Dubai who doesn't want her to resign and he has a golden vote equivalent to 60 million ordinary votes.

Blah blah Thaksin blah blah Dubai blah blah Thaksin...

No wonder the Democrats never win elections. Same old yapping but no real policies for change.

• Like 2

Even Yingluck would probably like to resign herself but there is one important person residing in Dubai who doesn't want her to resign and he has a golden vote equivalent to 60 million ordinary votes.

Blah blah Thaksin blah blah Dubai blah blah Thaksin...

No wonder the Democrats never win elections. Same old yapping but no real policies for change.

You seem to forget that thaksin = fugitive on the run is running the country by proxy and there lies the root of the problem at the moment,

The anti government support has not dwindled but its just a phase as many have the feeling pt have dug them self into a hole, even previous staunch pro thaksin supporters in my area of bkk when asked mostly only say...yingluck must go.

NIDA, who is pro Democrat, can even only just barely get a 50%.

NIDA is biased?

Proof please..... and don't say 'everyone knows' because I don't know that and have never read anything to support this.

If everyone knows this then there should be plenty of proof.

Also, 56.6% is closer to 60 than it is to 50 so why would you qualify that as 'barely 50%??

Me thinks this is yet another red corruption supporter telling bare faced lies like we get from Pipkins all the time, because they have very little or nothing to support their agenda.

Search by Google. Sombat Thamrongthanyawong, and you will understand why Nida polls always follows PDRC requests.

• Like 2

" 18.94% said the caretaker prime minister should stay put and remain in the caretaker role, while 4.96% proposed suppression by force to end the protest of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC). "

Thida will be pleased with these numbers. The majority of 18.94 % has spoken and needs to be respected. And the 4.96 % don't really want to beat up people. They just love democracy that much.

• Like 1

I have been waiting to say this for ages.

"Time to listen to the will of the majority……..Even if you don't like it!!!"

I can read from the pro "1 principle of democracy" supporters that this is really getting under their skin.

First the majority didn't vote. Off the majority that did vote only 70% voted for one of the 50 parties.

Then the poll that said 60% wanted yingluck to step down. Then the poll that showed over 80% believed the PTP and or the PM (not the boss Thaksin) were involved in corruption in the rice scheme.

The majority keeps speaking and the "1 principle" supporters keep denying. I LOVE IT!!!

And to make me sleep even better tonight is that even with all the majority against them, it means nothing because the PM (not the boss) and most of the minsters involved in the rice scheme will be impeached and charged with corruption.

I say this day coming, not when the rice scheme was implemented, not when the first car scheme was implemented, but the second after they said another SHinwatra would run in it. The only clean Shinawatra left will be tainted with the same brush as the rest of her family soon.

I will say not once more after I press my SMUG mode button.

PTP - "Time to listen to the will of the majority……..Even if you don't like it!!!"

SMUG mode off cheesy.gif

I won't point out the obvious flaws in this poll, I'll just ask you this: Do you think the leaders of western democracies should resign whenever their poll numbers drop below 50%?

Yingluk won the election. We know because no major candidate ran against her and there aren't enough seats to change the result. So she must have won (i.e. a conclusion not speculation).

So why would a NIDA poll of 1251 people trump an election result of tens of millions?

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

I can read from the pro "1 principle of democracy" supporters that this is really getting under their skin.

First the majority didn't vote. Off the majority that did vote only 70% voted for one of the 50 parties.

Then the poll that said 60% wanted yingluck to step down. Then the poll that showed over 80% believed the PTP and or the PM (not the boss Thaksin) were involved in corruption in the rice scheme.

The majority keeps speaking and the "1 principle" supporters keep denying. I LOVE IT!!!

And to make me sleep even better tonight is that even with all the majority against them, it means nothing because the PM (not the boss) and most of the minsters involved in the rice scheme will be impeached and charged with corruption.

I say this day coming, not when the rice scheme was implemented, not when the first car scheme was implemented, but the second after they said another SHinwatra would run in it. The only clean Shinawatra left will be tainted with the same brush as the rest of her family soon.

PTP - "Time to listen to the will of the majority……..Even if you don't like it!!!"

SMUG mode off cheesy.gif

I won't point out the obvious flaws in this poll, I'll just ask you this: Do you think the leaders of western democracies should resign whenever their poll numbers drop below 50%?

You mean the 19% who want her to stay...Your fingers faster than your brain...cheesy.gif

• Like 1

SMUG mode off cheesy.gif

You mean the 19% who want her to stay...Your fingers faster than your brain...cheesy.gif

I don't know where your 19% number comes from, but my point is that polls, whether well conducted and representative or not (this one isn't), don't determine governments. In a democracy elections do. Is that a bit too much for your brain?

NIDA is biased?

Proof please..... and don't say 'everyone knows' because I don't know that and have never read anything to support this.

If everyone knows this then there should be plenty of proof.

Also, 56.6% is closer to 60 than it is to 50 so why would you qualify that as 'barely 50%??

Me thinks this is yet another red corruption supporter telling bare faced lies like we get from Pipkins all the time, because they have very little or nothing to support their agenda.

If he was to talk about the election he would call the 48% the PTP got a landslide and the 52% that didn't want them immaterial.

Why is it trolls can't put up reasonable posts?

Maybe I am wrong but if most government workers are red shirts and they don't want her that would say some thing.

On the other hand I don't believe that a lot of them are red shirts they are from all different parties as far as their loyalty goes. But they are a lot closer to the inner workings so it would do well to listen to them.

On the other hand I always have suspicions about Thai poll's but this time it was not a general poll it was a poll from a specific section of society.

Just trying to be non biased.

• Like 1

"Actually, then you are calling The Nation a Thaksin troll, because the majority of the facts that I posted are taken directly from a The Nation article".

The above is a respond from you on my post. Kan you this time post a link and would that link come from the Nation? If you don´t post a link I will have to call you a Thaksin troll..........again.