Pheu Thai party supports neutral person to mediate conflict: Noppadon Pattama

webfact

Pheu Thai party supports neutral person to mediate conflict

165181-imagejpeg-242313.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party is interested in a suggestion that a neutral person be brought in to mediate the political conflict between the government and the People’s Democratic Reform Committee, said Mr Noppadon Pattama, a member of the party’s strategic committee and personal lawyer of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

However, he said that the talk must be based on the basis of the recognition of democratic principles and rules. Anything which is deviated from democratic basis such as the dumping of the Constitution or the creation of political vacuum would be a failure from the start.

There must be no preconditions and those who follow the rules of the game must not be made to walk on thorny field, said Mr Noppadon.

He blamed the protests by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee for causing serious damages to the country’s economy citing a sharp drop of incoming tourists and the flight of foreign investors.

Negotiations between the parties in the conflict is the best way to resolve the conflict, he said adding that the suggestion of a neutral person be brought in to mediate the talks between the rival parties is interesting.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pheu-thai-party-supports-neutral-person-mediate-conflict/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-14

"He blamed the protests by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee for causing serious damages to the country’s economy citing a sharp drop of incoming tourists and the flight of foreign investors."

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

I agree what this guy is saying but we can't blame on entirely to PDRC for the mess. PDRC has good reasons to protest but is causing a lot of problems.

Yingluck created a lot of problems too.

It is time to talk and end the conflict. The question is that can Yingluck give up her position? i am sure that she does not want to lose her position.

PTP is blaming on PDRC but the farmers are joining the protest now. May PTP blame on the farmers? Absolutely not.

If Yingluck can open the door for the talk without any preconditions, that would be a good step to end the issue.

I don't know if Yingluck wants to do it. PTP blames on PDRC but Yingluck is also the one who should be blamed.

what ??? !!!! PTP will accept a neutral person who has not been elected?

If PTP will accept a neutral person why not a group of neutral people ... who will mediate the political reforms to be done before the next election?

But hey ... if they will do it with only one person, I'm for it. But they will never agree on one single person.

I think it has to be more than one so it's balanced and both sides feel comfortable that they are represented.

Just don't call it "peoples council" so PTP doesn't have to lose too much face.

Edited by rogerdee123

I agree what this guy is saying but we can't blame on entirely to PDRC for the mess. PDRC has good reasons to protest but is causing a lot of problems.

Yingluck created a lot of problems too.

It is time to talk and end the conflict. The question is that can Yingluck give up her position? i am sure that she does not want to lose her position.

PTP is blaming on PDRC but the farmers are joining the protest now. May PTP blame on the farmers? Absolutely not.

If Yingluck can open the door for the talk without any preconditions, that would be a good step to end the issue.

I don't know if Yingluck wants to do it. PTP blames on PDRC but Yingluck is also the one who should be blamed.

" i am sure that she does not want to lose her position."

I do not think so.

She is fully pissed with politics and has no interest in politics at all.

Old men tell her every day what to say and to do.

And to be responsible for so many things is also not her case.

Only the familie doctrine keeps her in office.

Personally, she would have chucked all that shit on the first day.

I think she longs for the beautiful and carefree time.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

Noppadon ! ! ! Thaksins Lawyer ! ! ! Neutral party ! ! ! What in heavens name are these people smoking that they think that the rank and file or everyday Thai would think or accept that he was neutral ????

Still on the old kick of whatever we the hiso's say you loso's must beleive to be the truth after all we are hiso.

ps oh by the way, I got this from Elvis , down at the 7-Eleven this afternoon .

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Noppadon ! ! ! Thaksins Lawyer ! ! ! Neutral party ! ! ! What in heavens name are these people smoking that they think that the rank and file or everyday Thai would think or accept that he was neutral ????

Still on the old kick of whatever we the hiso's say you loso's must beleive to be the truth after all we are hiso.

ps oh by the way, I got this from Elvis , down at the 7-Eleven this afternoon .

I think it's not so much what others are smoking but what you, Gonzo, are smoking.

Noppadon did not say he is neutral. He is saying the PT would support a neutral person to be brought in to mediate.

Next time, say hi to Elvis for me too.

• Like 1

Anything which is deviated from democratic basis such as the dumping of the Constitution or the creation of political vacuum would be a failure from the start.

No pre conditions he said, and at the same time he made one himself, because no creation of political vacuum is free translated.

Yingluck will stay in power during the talks, because we don't wanna miss the 10th of May when the amnesty bill returns.

• Like 1

Suthep and the yellows wont settle for anything less than a power grab.

Democracy is not for them, they know they can never win long medium or long term.

Pheu Thai are making the right moves. At best, it might just work, and if it does't, Suthep and his followers will be exposed even more for the power hungry anti-democratic bullies they are.

Yep.

Yingluck is playing it smart and has been playing it smart. Its a waiting game. Today, Yingluck invited Suthep for talks again. Fat chance he will accept.

Noppadon's proposal is a door, opened a crack. But where to find a neutral person and how? Any person proposed by either side as negotiator will not be accepted by the other side as not neutral.

Are there any neutral persons of authority in Thailand?

IMO, Anand or Ammar Siamwalla would have been good choices, but they are both associated with the academic Establishment. Anand more so.

How about Chuwit? He has criticized both sides. At least he knows how to broker deals.

edit: Doesn't it strike anybody as weird that Thaksin's lawyer is a member of the cabinet?

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

There is another party now that is part of the so called conflict.

The farmers have realized that they have been deliberately done and are calling for Yinglucks resignation.

I doubt that will change whether they get paid or not.

In spite of what the broken record red keeps posting Suthep has stated his group are ready to negotiate once Yingluck has gone.

Only one thing holding talks up now, but that's been the case for over 2 months and Thaksin wont let her go for he must hold on to power regardless of how much blood his craving to be dictator costs.

• Like 2

what ??? !!!! PTP will accept a neutral person who has not been elected?

If PTP will accept a neutral person why not a group of neutral people ... who will mediate the political reforms to be done before the next election?

But hey ... if they will do it with only one person, I'm for it. But they will never agree on one single person.

I think it has to be more than one so it's balanced and both sides feel comfortable that they are represented.

Just don't call it "peoples council" so PTP doesn't have to lose too much face.

Neutral person for PTP?

Former premier Somchai?

Chavalit

Banharn

Ups...now I see that neutral person only "mediate".

So we are back to nothing.....That person is allowed to speak with the Shinawatra clan who than decide.

This is a complete joke. It seems we've now come full circle. Noppadon is a shameless spokesman and propagandist for Thaksin. Pheu Thai must be mad if they think this man will bring people together, especially as he comes out swinging in this interview, blaming everything on the protests. He is out to protect Thaksin's interests, because he has always been out to protect Thaksin's interests. As much as things appear to change - the more they remain the same. Same characters. Same song. This is the kind of Thaksin-inspired " mediation " that is designed to cause people in the negotiating room to run out screaming.

"He blamed the protests by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee for causing serious damages to the country’s economy citing a sharp drop of incoming tourists and the flight of foreign investors."

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

So are you saying the unnecessary State of Emergency has nothing to do with it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is nothing to speak about, waiting for the courts and 1. april...The PTP plays on time to clean up evidence, thousends of Government officials involved in corruption. I think they want a new amnesty bill, but if the PDRC make a deal with them, the targed will be missed...rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

There we have it again, the "I'm only a little pregnant!" compromise.

If the demonstrators and Suthep so much as only give the Caretakers a pause to re-organize, they will be doomed. Now, that they are in the defensive, the Caretakers try to get some time to figure out a way to escape being thrown out.

No compromise could be a solution!

Much more likely a third party, made up from people without stains of corruption on their face or their history!

People, who have proven their value for the country, not for certain politicians (and Taksin is not the only one, only by far the worst!). There are such people in Thailand, many of them, who act responsibile and don't try to take advantage of others for their own good. It is up to protesters and farmers to find and propose such people.

No foul, smelly compromise!

Edited by SamMunich

Suthep and the yellows wont settle for anything less than a power grab.

Democracy is not for them, they know they can never win long medium or long term.

Pheu Thai are making the right moves. At best, it might just work, and if it does't, Suthep and his followers will be exposed even more for the power hungry anti-democratic bullies they are.

Yep.

Yingluck is playing it smart and has been playing it smart. Its a waiting game. Today, Yingluck invited Suthep for talks again. Fat chance he will accept.

Noppadon's proposal is a door, opened a crack. But where to find a neutral person and how? Any person proposed by either side as negotiator will not be accepted by the other side as not neutral.

Are there any neutral persons of authority in Thailand?

IMO, Anand or Ammar Siamwalla would have been good choices, but they are both associated with the academic Establishment. Anand more so.

How about Chuwit? He has criticized both sides. At least he knows how to broker deals.

edit: Doesn't it strike anybody as weird that Thaksin's lawyer is a member of the cabinet?

He is a member of PT's strategic committee. Not so strange - remember Thaksin thinks, PTP does and all that. He'll be there to spy on the other SC members and report back they are implementing boss's thinking without any dissent, dilution or questioning. That's how dictator's work.

A neutral person, with a small neutral team to assist would be excellent. But won't happen. YL won't be allowed to step down and PTP will wan't to keep the caretaker role. They certainly won't want anyone poking around in the books. Or is this an attempt to halt the NACC probes?

Maybe just more smoke and mirrors from the Dubai illusionist.

• Like 1