Thai editorial: Time to pull the emergency brake

webfact

That is why we have protests on the streets.

The government needs to go before the train hits the wall, and they are the one's driving the train and the ones who built the wall.

It aint rocket science.

reading between the lines of the OP what I see is an attempt to revive some sort of amnesty

First and for most the PTP corruption needs investigated and those found to be involved need to be presented to the courts for conviction and jail, they simply cannot get away will the theft of billions of tax payers money - if PTP or others think a forgive and forget policy would move things forward they need to think again

Let the courts deal with PTP, it is happening slowly but surely and of course why is the DSI not involved ? well we all know the answer to that

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This editorial and the quotes in it are suspect. This guy being quoted is a crackpot. He is rationalizing the circumvention of law for expedience. He is referencing that both sides have not adhered to the law and therefore why adhere to it now in order to fix the economy? Do it first, and make it legal later? Isn't that the cause of the fracture in Thailand? Thailand needs law and order and ramifications if it is not followed. How could he be recommending that the nation "circumvent" what is written in stone. He wants a free for all, but with him in charge of who is "all."

Anand Panyarachun, he's a former PM appointed by the 1992 coup. He's simply part of the coup group of people. He was the smiley face they put on the coup, like Abhisit was the smiley face on the democrats, (yet Suthep appears to be leading them).

He is just punctuation between real leaders. Sort of like this: rolleyes.gif

One man one vote, does not mean Anad Panyarachun gets to be the one vote and everyone else is ignored.

But I don't actually think he's done this himself, he's very old, had little initiative, and was never really a leader more a facilitator. So I suspect they think they can put him up again and he'll fool people, like he didn't in 1992.

But he's more like this now: blink.png

Pity there isn't a dinosaur smiley.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

"Thaksin Shinawatra should "think really hard" about the country's wellbeing......"

Concern for the host is not a normal function of parasites.

Nice one!!

Normally oblivious to the situation, I think the hosts are starting to be concerned about the parasite sucking the blood of life out of them and are at last (having woken up to reality) started to seek a means of removing it!!

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

So what is the Emergency Handbrake oh wise one? Firstly, the far majority of Thais except graft or corruption to a certain level, so let's start with the people shall we and show the politicians how its done. This is not really about Thaksin or Suthep. Real reform can never happen in Thailand until Thailand gets honest with itself collectively and as a united people striving for a common goal. This is what should be spruiting from someone's mouth nothing more and nothing less. What enables the system to be corrupt? You might not like the answer, but ultimately this rests with the people. They need to participate in reform as well, once you start with the people the politicians can't do sh.t as the people then hold the power and the government will only then answer to them. Oh and don't get me started on the education system, when you have thai teachers that cannot conduct just ONE entire class in English to students of course we are going to be dead last. I was asked to set an entry exam for Masters degree holders sitting for numerous positions at Rajamangala Uni, not one single teacher passed and I was quizzed on why there wasn't any multiple choice questions? The answer, after over 16 years of study you still cannot grasp simple English. So how you going to teach the masses? One can't.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I will mention to my neighbour who works all the hours he can to support his family that it's his fault the politicians and police are so corrupt.

Wait, I've got a better idea........ you tell him.

• Like 2

Do I sense fear? The Nation and its fans were predicting the quick collapse of the government, but it did not happen. It appears that the government is hanging on, albeit for dear life, but still in the game. Abhisit showed himself to be useless and devoid of leadership during this crisis. And there we have the power vacuum. So who will fill it?

Do I sense fear? The Nation and its fans were predicting the quick collapse of the government, but it did not happen. It appears that the government is hanging on, albeit for dear life, but still in the game. Abhisit showed himself to be useless and devoid of leadership during this crisis. And there we have the power vacuum. So who will fill it?

We've had a vacuum in power for two and a half years now.

cheesy.gif

So what is the Emergency Handbrake oh wise one? Firstly, the far majority of Thais except graft or corruption to a certain level, so let's start with the people shall we and show the politicians how its done. This is not really about Thaksin or Suthep. Real reform can never happen in Thailand until Thailand gets honest with itself collectively and as a united people striving for a common goal. This is what should be spruiting from someone's mouth nothing more and nothing less. What enables the system to be corrupt? You might not like the answer, but ultimately this rests with the people. They need to participate in reform as well, once you start with the people the politicians can't do sh.t as the people then hold the power and the government will only then answer to them. Oh and don't get me started on the education system, when you have thai teachers that cannot conduct just ONE entire class in English to students of course we are going to be dead last. I was asked to set an entry exam for Masters degree holders sitting for numerous positions at Rajamangala Uni, not one single teacher passed and I was quizzed on why there wasn't any multiple choice questions? The answer, after over 16 years of study you still cannot grasp simple English. So how you going to teach the masses? One can't.

I will mention to my neighbour who works all the hours he can to support his family that it's his fault the politicians and police are so corrupt.

Wait, I've got a better idea........ you tell him.

Ask your neighbour if he has EVER excepted graft in some form or another. Also read the post thoroughly instead of picking out a statement that suits your needs. I quoted MOST Thais except graft or corruption not all. Maybe your neighbour is one of the few exceptions and if so good on him.... Best of luck to your neighbour....

" Isn't it time now to do what's best for Thailand first and make that legal later? "

What an odd conclusion. The rule of law is the only thing that will salvage this situation and point the way forward. The constitution is the basis of the law of any country. Either it is adhered to, or it crumbles. In fits and starts, the Yingluck administration will reach redress through the courts. That's how it should be. This is emphatically not the time to question the laws that are in place. The problem has been in the remiss of adhering to them, not the laws themselves. Pheu Thai have been trying to do precisely that. They have invented and revised the law along the way. They had been trying to legalize Thaksin, and look what it led to. You cannot bend constitutional procedure and hope that no one notices or looks the other way. This is up to the constitutional process. And in spite of the opinion of this article - the constitutional process is on track and going forward.

• Like 2

This thinking is exactly the problem of Thailand...."Lets do some compromises and put the carpet over it....."

The sure guarantee that in the 2 years there will be a new problem....

No the problem must be rooted out. No...OK the Shinwatras must be a bit less corrupt and the Democrats also get a piece of the cake and in exchange they keep silent....

As the 2 factions argue in Lilliput about who is a bigger crackpot, down South more innocent people are being bombed and murdered: teachers, monks, children and, as of late, a woman was set afire by the "insurgents",

Back to the real Thailand (Bangkok), let's continue our revenge (reform?). Let's continue with the protest that is inconveniencing 13 million people, hindering Democratic voting process in the "real Thailand" until we can be self- appointed as the rulers of the country. Give our opportunity to reform (never mind that we didn't during our last time in power in 2006) now we promise to solve the real problem of Thailand: to rid the country of the Thaksin regime: there!.

Unbeknown to most, the economic Gulliver crash continued his stroll never noticing the bickering Lilliputians.

End of the story.

Oh and don't get me started on the education system, when you have thai teachers that cannot conduct just ONE entire class in English to students of course we are going to be dead last. I was asked to set an entry exam for Masters degree holders sitting for numerous positions at Rajamangala Uni, not one single teacher passed and I was quizzed on why there wasn't any multiple choice questions? The answer, after over 16 years of study you still cannot grasp simple English. So how you going to teach the masses? One can't.

In a general sense, and increase in knowledge within a collective results in less power for a dictator, a manifest dictator or otherwise.
Generally speaking this is true! BUT for one item and call me an optimist but if and when the people start practicing honesty and spurning corruption, the politicians being the people in time will follow suit to at least form a semblance of true democracy as can be seen in at least a few countries...

Who do the people complain and turn to with their concerns?

OTOP officials come into the village and plan a two day seminar, complete with food and held at a local resort. The folks sign up. Day one is held, 90% show, but the OTOP organizers claim they finished the material and the 2nd day is cancelled. All the money assigned to the event has been paid out but more than half of it is eaten by the 'cancellation'.

So who do they participants take their concern to? The whole organizational hierarchy is on the take.

But one example.

Edited by samuidave

In general a good editorial with some pertinent and relevant posts, the subsequent posts regarding the standards of education are spot on. A population who are (generally) educated to a base level will always be easier to coerce, manipulate and lie to. Their understanding of the workings of democracy will, to a great extent, be irrelevant as they will continue to see only the shallow vote buying tactics as "the norm" and how it has always been done, for too many it is the way the government is chosen with no desire for change.

There is one brief section of what is a fine editorial that does disturb me "Thaksin Shinawatra should "think really hard" about the country's wellbeing, and so should his opponents" That the article still refers to this individuals power and influence in such a way is disturbing, and goes part of the way in explaining part of the problem in Thailand. Yes the reality is that he still enjoys far too much remote control on the system and events, but while the mainstream media comment on this as normal, how can we expect the population as a whole to see that it is a flagrant abuse of the democratic system and as such is unacceptable? That it is openly confirmed by ministers that a convicted criminal still takes part in government policy meetings from abroad, ridicules the Thai democratic system throughout Asia. How can the rest of the world possibly see us as equals and worthy of inclusion, when it is routinely accepted by high ranking ministers that this kind of management is not only acceptable but preferred.

Like many I may be a guest in this beautiful country but my concern for it, and the native population, is very real. That "brick wall" is indeed hurtling towards us with no indication that the government is remotely concerned, the fairly imminent collision will affect us all, both Thai and foreigner...

These countries in Asia and around the World where you say Thailand is being ridiculed.

Have you ever considered the following ?

Thaksin can freely visit any country in the world !!

Why is this ?

Because the world see's that the corruption charges against him and the one he has been convicted of are "fabricated lies" made after a Military Coup. it is the normal process the world over after a military coup to make up all sorts of accusations against the person who has been kicked out, to have a propaganda campaign against them, to find them guilty of many things, to disgrace and to discredit them - this is all part of the process of justifying a coup. Have a look at Morsi in Egypt for the latest example.

So simply, the world is telling you all that Thaksin is free to visit any country, as they see the charges against him as political and not worthy.

Given the world accepts this, how can it therefore be ridiculing as you suggest. The more ridiculous thing is that to this day people still believe the lies pushed out by the Military Coup propaganda machine of 2006.

The Editorial is nonsense in my opinion. It has to tell the PDRC to stop the protests and respect the Feb 2nd election. If it does not do that then it is nonsense.

All in my opinion of course.

It's hard to imagine a sane person could suggest Thaksin's entire business and political career isn't riddled with corruption at each and every single turn.

But, hey, every Village has one.

"Thaksin Shinawatra should "think really hard" about the country's wellbeing......"

How can that be? He definitely is thinking really hard for his own ass. And also thinking really hard for his family asses.

If you want him to REALLY THINK HARD for the country's wellbeing, the only compromised way out is

to let him come back to Thailand as a FREE MAN.

"Nothing is legally impossible, according to Anand. He is right again. And, ironically, that is what the political rivals are implying, too. Neither side of the political conflict has shown utmost, unconditional respect for the laws or Constitution. If the political enemies can be selective about which legal aspects they adhere to, doesn't that mean nothing is written in stone? Isn't it time now to do what's best for Thailand first and make that legal later?"

No he's not right. The law is there to be adhered to. Yes it can be changed but this needs to be done via the proper legislative process with the agenda being "this law is flawed". Not "I've been caught out doing something wrong and want to avoid gaol" or "this law is inconvenient for my needs, lets ignore it and sort it out later".

If pdcr have broken laws let the courts decide what they have done. If PT have broken the law let the courts decide. All who break the law should be tried and punished or not accordingly.

This guy seems to be heading down the blanket amnesty route again with this thinking. Look where that led to.

Must disagree.

Laws are not holy things. They are written and designed by flawed people with agendas. When enough laws are in place and adjudicated on by one sect of society, and the laws become simply a way to legitimize the crimes, then obedience to the law is suicide.

Hence revolutions.

Oh and don't get me started on the education system, when you have thai teachers that cannot conduct just ONE entire class in English to students of course we are going to be dead last. I was asked to set an entry exam for Masters degree holders sitting for numerous positions at Rajamangala Uni, not one single teacher passed and I was quizzed on why there wasn't any multiple choice questions? The answer, after over 16 years of study you still cannot grasp simple English. So how you going to teach the masses? One can't.

In a general sense, and increase in knowledge within a collective results in less power for a dictator, a manifest dictator or otherwise.
Generally speaking this is true! BUT for one item and call me an optimist but if and when the people start practicing honesty and spurning corruption, the politicians being the people in time will follow suit to at least form a semblance of true democracy as can be seen in at least a few countries...

Who do the people complain and turn to with their concerns?

OTOP officials come into the village and plan a two day seminar, complete with food and held at a local resort. The folks sign up. Day one is held, 90% show, but the OTOP organizers claim they finished the material and the 2nd day is cancelled. All the money assigned to the event has been paid out but more than half of it is eaten by the 'cancellation'.

So who do they participants take their concern to? The whole organizational hierarchy is on the take.

But one example.

Agreed and this is where the people need to start by reversing this process

. how is another equation altogether. You have a very valid point though S/Dave and one that not many have an answer to except adopt Democratic processes in place such as in Australia, from the local councils up to state and then a federal level.

"Nothing is legally impossible, according to Anand. He is right again. And, ironically, that is what the political rivals are implying, too. Neither side of the political conflict has shown utmost, unconditional respect for the laws or Constitution. If the political enemies can be selective about which legal aspects they adhere to, doesn't that mean nothing is written in stone? Isn't it time now to do what's best for Thailand first and make that legal later?"

No he's not right. The law is there to be adhered to. Yes it can be changed but this needs to be done via the proper legislative process with the agenda being "this law is flawed". Not "I've been caught out doing something wrong and want to avoid gaol" or "this law is inconvenient for my needs, lets ignore it and sort it out later".

If pdcr have broken laws let the courts decide what they have done. If PT have broken the law let the courts decide. All who break the law should be tried and punished or not accordingly.

This guy seems to be heading down the blanket amnesty route again with this thinking. Look where that led to.

Must disagree.

Laws are not holy things. They are written and designed by flawed people with agendas. When enough laws are in place and adjudicated on by one sect of society, and the laws become simply a way to legitimize the crimes, then obedience to the law is suicide.

Hence revolutions.

Yes, but I don't think that is what this guy is saying. My problem with this article is that he seems to be saying that, 'hey we've all broken some laws, let's break some more and fix it all up later on' accompanied by a number of monty python like nudges and winks.

How about an Editorial saying "Enough is Enough - PDRC stop and respect the February 2nd election process"

Perfectly said Level Head

When will they lock up these PDRC people who are dragging down Thailand

No one with money gets 'locked up' here. How stupid are you.

BTW The PDRC were not the instigators of 'dragging down Thailand'. No go collect your fee.

Edited by jpeg

The difference to the two sides in this conflict is clear

On the one hand you had PTP voted into at any cost as long as they won using populist unworkable schemes and vote buying just to get the vote, then once in office they have been hell bent on changing laws

- amending the constitution

- trying to introduce highly controversial bills

- telling huge lies

- thieving

- corruption

- extortion

- paying off red leaders to maintain their support (how many hands are in this pie)

- questioning the courts

- applying for huge off budget loans because they ran out of money to support the populist policies and the blatant theft

Much more could be added above

This government has been focused on one thing only for the last 2 odd years

- removing checks and balances that would allow them to abuse power to levels never seen in Thailand for a very long time

I believe if there is a will there is indeed a way, but what the Thai people need to decide and in my opinion "have decided" is who to trust of these two sides, is it evil versus evil or as I see it "good versus evil"

Sutheps demonstrations IMO are aimed at bringing down an evil regime, if he himself turns out to be equally evil the people will very quickly remove him

Thailand is in bad need of far reaching reforms, suspension of the constitution in order complete them, then a referendum and elections to complete the process

Police reform - disbandment of the DSI, even reform of the legal system so that convicted criminals are not out in society or sitting in government, and finally a life ban from politics for those found guilty and not just 5 years that would possibly sanitise and get rid of all these corrupt officials that keep going around and around every 5 years

If the DSI was indeed like the FBI like some have suggested they would now be investigating government officials and the ministry for gross violations of the law and not bringing frivolous charges against those that want to see this very faulty administration gone from Thailand forever

Those that argue for PTP here or anywhere are very obviously on the payroll, the red organisation is nothing more than a national mafia who have intimidated businesses and pushed them out of key concession positions to create a network of extortion and thugery all backed by the police DSI and at the very top - backed by the government - I have actually seen and heard this personally - I am redshirt you cannot touch me

This is what the good honest people of Thailand are fighting against all at the behest of Thaksin Shinawatra who himself is a convicted criminal on the run and refusing to face jail or the courts for the other 20 serious charges to be heard

Is it "Evil versus Evil" or "Good versus Evil" I know my answer and "Good versus Good" doesn't enter into it

Edited by smedly

and just one more thing

we have had these protests in Bangkok for a considerable time now, everyone knows where they are and can easily avoid them, yet red armed thugs confront them and a gunfight takes place, demonstrators trying to defend themselves from armed attack from red factions - the key words here are "defend" and "attack"

who is it that is being sought by the police ? the red attackers or the protest defenders all of whom were armed and shooting or being shot at, why are the police not in pursuit of any armed red attackers from that day who I would lay the most blame for what happened - perhaps there were no police or press present on the red side to take photo's or perhaps their coverage has been denied to the news agencies for all to see presenting a very one sided account of what happened that day - I'll go with the latter

These countries in Asia and around the World where you say Thailand is being ridiculed.

Why is this ?

Primarily because the corrupt PTP provided him with a diplomatic passport and refused to answer for their actions - provided by his ex brother in law who he placed in that position for that purpose - see anything wrong with that

On top of that his money bought him citizenship of a country that doesn't matter on the world stage

He is still on the run from Thailand, his amnesty attempt failed and will fail going forward

other countries don't want to get involved and stay neutral - very simple

Edited by smedly

Virtually every thread on here takes an identical pattern now and its rather tiresome.

1) Original news editorial trying to find new news in a situation that hasnt changed for months.

2) The "I blame Thaskin for all the wrongs in my life crew," usually led by "JRsoul" or "Scamper" post to bemoan the evils of Thaskin. (they have changed recently however from declaring the end is nigh via protests to the end is nigh due to the courts, as the protests decline.)

3) The red crew make an appearance to take a shot at how Suthep is failing miserably and democracy must be respected. A few cheeky pictures of a dozen Southern peasants manning a stage in asoke is usually added about then.

This then peters out and everyone moves to another thread to start the whole process over again.

It really is time for Sutheps lot to try a plan B, as plan A has failed and PTP wont back down anytime soon. (much to the detriment of Thailand.) This stagnation needs broken so I actually agree with much of the article.

Suthep now reminds me a little bit of the "flag protesters" in Belfast from late 2012. Like Suthep this was a movement that seeked to overturn a democratic decision to remove the Union Flag from Belfast city hall. At the start numbers were huge and the city brought to a standstill, much like Bangkok. Alas the democratic process held firm and over time number dwindled and life went on. They still go on today with about a dozen people standing there looking clueless. Unless Suthep finds another plan he`ll be the same in a years time. (if he doesnt get arrested that is.)

If I was a the Dems Id push hard to get the election called again as 2 Feb one didnt return the necessary MPs. I would then install a new fresh faced leader (as opposed to the posh English one they currently have) that isnt universally despised by the rural poor they need to turn. Id then promise them a replacement to the rice scheme that is sustainable yet generous.

They`d probably win the election and Thailand would be saved. Alas I dont think the Dems are too interested in democracy and are unlikely to proceed as above. 2014 is going to be a bad year for Thailand.

• Like 1

Must disagree.

Hence revolutions.

Yes, but I don't think that is what this guy is saying. My problem with this article is that he seems to be saying that, 'hey we've all broken some laws, let's break some more and fix it all up later on' accompanied by a number of monty python like nudges and winks.

I agree with that assessment

It's too often, "we need reconciliation even if it means sweeping it all under the rug".

And that's exactly what Thaksin has been trying to get done since his ouster in 2006.

• Like 1

In general a good editorial with some pertinent and relevant posts, the subsequent posts regarding the standards of education are spot on. A population who are (generally) educated to a base level will always be easier to coerce, manipulate and lie to. Their understanding of the workings of democracy will, to a great extent, be irrelevant as they will continue to see only the shallow vote buying tactics as "the norm" and how it has always been done, for too many it is the way the government is chosen with no desire for change.

There is one brief section of what is a fine editorial that does disturb me "Thaksin Shinawatra should "think really hard" about the country's wellbeing, and so should his opponents" That the article still refers to this individuals power and influence in such a way is disturbing, and goes part of the way in explaining part of the problem in Thailand. Yes the reality is that he still enjoys far too much remote control on the system and events, but while the mainstream media comment on this as normal, how can we expect the population as a whole to see that it is a flagrant abuse of the democratic system and as such is unacceptable? That it is openly confirmed by ministers that a convicted criminal still takes part in government policy meetings from abroad, ridicules the Thai democratic system throughout Asia. How can the rest of the world possibly see us as equals and worthy of inclusion, when it is routinely accepted by high ranking ministers that this kind of management is not only acceptable but preferred.

Like many I may be a guest in this beautiful country but my concern for it, and the native population, is very real. That "brick wall" is indeed hurtling towards us with no indication that the government is remotely concerned, the fairly imminent collision will affect us all, both Thai and foreigner...

Why is this ?

Because the world see's that the corruption charges against him and the one he has been convicted of are "fabricated lies" made after a Military Coup. it is the normal process the world over after a military coup to make up all sorts of accusations against the person who has been kicked out, to have a propaganda campaign against them, to find them guilty of many things, to disgrace and to discredit them - this is all part of the process of justifying a coup. Have a look at Morsi in Egypt for the latest example.

So simply, the world is telling you all that Thaksin is free to visit any country, as they see the charges against him as political and not worthy.

Given the world accepts this, how can it therefore be ridiculing as you suggest. The more ridiculous thing is that to this day people still believe the lies pushed out by the Military Coup propaganda machine of 2006.

The Editorial is nonsense in my opinion. It has to tell the PDRC to stop the protests and respect the Feb 2nd election. If it does not do that then it is nonsense.

All in my opinion of course.

It's hard to imagine a sane person could suggest Thaksin's entire business and political career isn't riddled with corruption at each and every single turn.

But, hey, every Village has one.

Typical miss the point, avoid the point, ignore the issue of the other poster and redirect to the tired flat line rhetoric that everything and anything Thaksin ever did was corrupt, self serving and so unspeakably bad that one only need say the name to make it axiomatically true; that whatever the man actually did and was done to irrelevant.

The frequent choice of simple minds who need a black and white world and a dog to kick. Avoids the need for critical thinking and a balanced view.

Equally "in my opinion of course"

Name me one project either inside or outside of government Thaksin has been involved in since entering the political arena not marred by corruption?

Heck, he even divorced His wife in order to protect his assets. And it was his wife's fathers's connection in the police force that secured Thaksin his computer monopoly with the Thai police in 1982.

So if you are going to blow off my assertion, show me a single venture not enveloped in controversy.

An amazingly stupid editorial in my opinion.

The PDRC and their backers want an interim PM to be appointed. The PDRC have broken the law on many occasions and also committed a serious crime in obstructing elections.

And yet now this Editorial says lets reward the PDRC, lets stick the middle finger up at all those who voted, and all those who wanted to vote but were blocked by the PDRC - and lets appoint an interim PM to stop the problems.............

LOL cheesy.gif

How about an Editorial saying "Enough is Enough - PDRC stop and respect the February 2nd election process"

All in my opinion of course

well, I agree with 100%. Thais gave themselves this constitution which is not easy to understand for us including the way of elections. But take it as it is. She is elected. And ALL changes can be only done in parliament. The PDRC got time enough to create a program for the future. But the only goal is to chase her away. The Shinawatras might be corrupt. OK, but they did develop the country and not the opposition. There is no way to appoint an interim PM. Who should do that? The army? The king? And who should appoint the members of a committee? Suthep????

As long nobody wants to lose the face Thailand is in a mess. Talks are refused. That's fact and crucial.

Must disagree.

Hence revolutions.

Laws here are bent according to the judge or panel and made to fit for favours or bias all the time... examples are never set as the next case that is exactly the same can and often does have an opposite result or ruling... There is no black law book here.

Thai law is nothing like others, The origins of Thai law have been traced to three general sources: Thai Customary Law, Buddhist Law, and Chinese/Maritime Law.

Current Thai law is a combination of the Civil Law System, Common Law and Thai Traditional Law. This eclectic legal heritage for example has affected the way the modern Thai legal system approaches extraterritorial application of foreign laws within their state, and against their nationals.Since Thailand relies primarily on the Civil Law System, the decisions of Thailand’s Courts do not have precedential weight, except for the decisions of their Supreme Court, which are considered secondary authority.

So there is no precedent in Thai law no blacks law book and because of that there is no consistency and ergo no stable rule of law ... its more like personal rules interpreted by individuals..all is bendable and changeable. There is as we can see regarding the voting and constitution fiasco nothing consistent about the judicial law system here.

• Like 1