Thai opposition protesters vow no surrender

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Protesters Vow No Surrender" - why should they?

Suthep says they are winning, crowds getting larger every day, more people joining each week, coffers are flush with donations.

If the scoreboard says you are 15-0 up in soccer, why is there a need to say you aren't going to surrender?

Well, as long as the scoreboard is not wrong, of course.

The crowds getting larger every day ;) you must be joking? Or have you not seen those intersections lately. They have those huge crowds of 40-50 people. And in the afternoon and evenings it goes up to a couple of hundred as most

@ Gwailowman:

For me I prefer they clean it up. I am staying on Sukhumvit Soi 18 and have to go to Siam Discovery. So I am passing two groups of thugs all the time. Their speeches can be heard until late in the night on Suk 18. I just think what they do is lawless. I also never supported the Red shirts starting to block intersections but I also didn't supported the shooting of a hundred protesters.

As our Asia HQ is located in Bkk (at this moment), the voices get louder in Europe to switch the Asia HQ to KL. Over 600 people would loose their job (600 x 40000 Baht average) x 12 months is over 280 million Baht per year).

I empathise with you. I actually live on Asoke Montri itself and my balcony overlooks the stage directly. I have had to put up with the whistle blowing, the speeches (at times, more like screams). I also have to pass through security each and every time I go to the office, go out for dinner etc. At least, the protests stops by around 1 am nowadays (there were some nights they went on till 3-4 in the morning).

Not sure what business you are in but your company should think very carefully before relocating to KL. Things are also not as stable as it seems down there. Corruption is equally as rampant (if not more so), costs are also higher and it is definitely a lot less fun than Bangkok.

@ Gwailowman:

For me I prefer they clean it up. I am staying on Sukhumvit Soi 18 and have to go to Siam Discovery. So I am passing two groups of thugs all the time. Their speeches can be heard until late in the night on Suk 18. I just think what they do is lawless. I also never supported the Red shirts starting to block intersections but I also didn't supported the shooting of a hundred protesters.

As our Asia HQ is located in Bkk (at this moment), the voices get louder in Europe to switch the Asia HQ to KL. Over 600 people would loose their job (600 x 40000 Baht average) x 12 months is over 280 million Baht per year).

I empathise with you. I actually live on Asoke Montri itself and my balcony overlooks the stage directly. I have had to put up with the whistle blowing, the speeches (at times, more like screams). I also have to pass through security each and every time I go to the office, go out for dinner etc. At least, the protests stops by around 1 am nowadays (there were some nights they went on till 3-4 in the morning).

Not sure what business you are in but your company should think very carefully before relocating to KL. Things are also not as stable as it seems down there. Corruption is equally as rampant (if not more so), costs are also higher and it is definitely a lot less fun than Bangkok.

Actually gents.... I think the lesson is that the next time you get a condo, you need to get DOUBLE GLAZED windows.... I live right next to Chidlom and I can't hear a thing at night with the windows closed!!!!

before I left he was saying 6 million. only a fool believe than and now say crowd is growing!! no comment on that

3 months later i could not see even 50 people in asoke yesterday pm.

this title of protesters vow no surrender. most of them have left already and that fact..

all my thai friends now have removed that black corruption triangle and every girl now has left bangkok and no more selfies of them with whisles.

Despite the best efforts of the Yingluck administration, even the appearance of normalcy will not be achieved. Whether the buildings are open or not, this administration is constitutionally stripped of being able to govern. Their own flexing of power has now dwindled down to just two things - the emergency decree and the police. As they have no mandate, no parliamentary quorum, no legislative power - or any feasible path towards attaining it - they have literally been stripped of the tools of democracy. All they have left are the structures of power - the building themselves. But once in them, they can't do anything - outside of trying to look busy, of course, because that is the sum total of what they are now constitutionally allowed to do. It's a hollow victory. It has no meaning. What has meaning is the fact that they are constitutionally paralyzed. What has meaning is that the courts are going ahead with the impeachment proceedings. The power was never on the streets. But power was always through the courts and the rule of law.

Er, all this is happening in your mind... sorry mate.. the actual scene is tiny little pockets of protesters here and there, while all the rest have gone home.

It just didn't get off the ground did it?

Suthep has no new tricks,.... he's run his race.

the only way the Dems are going to win power is in an election by popular vote..... a majority votes them in.

No rubbish people's council or whatever he planned.

Those "little pockets" have certainly ground the government to a halt though and they have managed to bring a lot of foul smelling slime to the surface which has YL more than a little worried what big brother is going to say,let alone the courts of law

Edited by soalbundy

Suthep says they are winning, crowds getting larger every day, more people joining each week, coffers are flush with donations.

If the scoreboard says you are 15-0 up in soccer, why is there a need to say you aren't going to surrender?

The crowds getting larger every day wink.png you must be joking? Or have you not seen those intersections lately. They have those huge crowds of 40-50 people. And in the afternoon and evenings it goes up to a couple of hundred as most

And they still can't clear them.

The crowds getting larger every day wink.png you must be joking? Or have you not seen those intersections lately. They have those huge crowds of 40-50 people. And in the afternoon and evenings it goes up to a couple of hundred as most

was watching the raid this morning when it was raining. half the protesters packed up and were sat just waiting to leave. They really looked like they wanted to leave.

Suspect the thugs have some hold on them. chalerm did say they can stay there until they use up all their money.

who knows

Curt1591, on 15 Feb 2014 - 13:13, said:

Don't you just want to slap them silly!?!

Exactly my feelings for Yingluck, Chalerm and the rest of the puppet government.

Costas - She won the election. How do you square that circle?

• Like 1

Free food and concerts. Heck, even the tourists are enjoying the foolishness.

Despite the best efforts of the Yingluck administration, even the appearance of normalcy will not be achieved. Whether the buildings are open or not, this administration is constitutionally stripped of being able to govern. Their own flexing of power has now dwindled down to just two things - the emergency decree and the police. As they have no mandate, no parliamentary quorum, no legislative power - or any feasible path towards attaining it - they have literally been stripped of the tools of democracy. All they have left are the structures of power - the building themselves. But once in them, they can't do anything - outside of trying to look busy, of course, because that is the sum total of what they are now constitutionally allowed to do. It's a hollow victory. It has no meaning. What has meaning is the fact that they are constitutionally paralyzed. What has meaning is that the courts are going ahead with the impeachment proceedings. The power was never on the streets. But power was always through the courts and the rule of law.

Er, all this is happening in your mind... sorry mate.. the actual scene is tiny little pockets of protesters here and there, while all the rest have gone home.

the only way the Dems are going to win power is in an election by popular vote..... a majority votes them in.

Whatever happens, things will certainly not return to normal

The Thai's I work with in Bangkok have attended all the Suthep/ speeches meetings.

I've never seen so much hate directed at TS, YS and Chalerm...If these people are anything to go by it's not going to be accepted if PT don't go.

No other option.

Feeling is the rice payment won't happen next week.

Government trying to disperse crowds before penny drops.

Yes in our office as well. We had several Suthep supporters that decided to go out for the demos during daytime with Suthep. 9 just got retrenched last week of which 3 participated in those rallies. If tourism doesn't pick up in the next 2 months, we might have to fire another 20-30 staffs. Our office is split with 60% Suthep/40% YS.

At another office I am working its 90% Suthep and 10% YS. The CEO is flying almost daily overseas as no one wants to come to Bangkok more even for a normal executive meeting. It's either HK, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur but Bkk has been completely wiped off from the map.

The 10 billion USD in rice loses is peanuts compared to what Bangkok is loosing over the past 2 months.

Suthep makes his money in Surat Thani. He would never shut down Samui but he knows his interest and financial gains is limited in Bangkok.

I hope the army or police start clearing up Bkk, starting with Asoke and in front of BMP.

You are in Thailand, when you make a business here you should be aware, that the politial situation is not stable. To complain the protestors for the situation is childish, there are two sides. The Government dont resign, and to topple this they called out the SOE. I dont understand why you complain Suthep, the South and Bangkok looses the most in tourists money, not the North and Northeast. Without the SOE the situation was not worse like now, but SOE means that foreign countrys must warning to travel to Thailand.facepalm.gif

I have asked a couple of Thai people why there is so much hate against Yingluck. The answers varied from Yingluck is bad and corrupt (one even sad that she is fat an ugly / lol) to she can't manage the country. I have asked them for the evidences but no success in getting one. I have asked the same people why they believe Suthep is the right man to change the country. Answers varied from he is honest to he is generous. My next question aimed to find out how much they know about Mr Suthep's past. The answers varied from nothing to none. I too asked them how much they help their country but got nothing but rounded eyes.

Let these people take over. I am sure they will now how to sort out problems in the country. Governments are just an unnecessary nuisance.

• Like 2

was watching the raid this morning when it was raining. half the protesters packed up and were sat just waiting to leave. They really looked like they wanted to leave.

Suspect the thugs have some hold on them. chalerm did say they can stay there until they use up all their money.

who knows

The guards (thugs) will probably beat them if they try to leave :)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"....the elite hate Taksin because he is corrupt....". How those people becomes "elite" if is not by corruption?......

It is the "elite" the majority in Thailand?....It is the "elite" interested in Democracy?.....Will the opposition get people's majority vote? ....

NO AT ALL!!... .only in a corrupted election...Then....Just be real "Democrats"!!!....Learn with other world's "Democracies"!...End this comedy and waste of time, money, energy, and non-sense...and just get the enough money to corrupt the right people for the next election!

Edited by thailampang2012

Thats fine, let them blow their whistles until they are blue in the face, let them waste their money, time and their useless lives, collect more evidence against them, give them as much rope as they want.

Finally, when they are all exhausted and crazy from blowing their yellow whistles, and their brain cells have rot from watching bluesky tv all day to the point of complete zombification "thaksin bad man" "thaksin not good man" "my brain hurts" .... throw these sad cases in jail.

With a reply like that I have ask.

Are you sure you're not Chalerm?

well at least we now know you have no idea about what is happening in Thailand

it was never about the protestors

it was always about getting Yingluck to make mistakes

The solution will be in law and in the courts

something you have no understanding about

go back to you little world where life is simple

• Like 1

If you are correct

then why have the police not sent them packing

I like to believe the truth

not bias spred by some one who seems to have no idea

The crowds getting larger every day wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png you must be joking? Or have you not seen those intersections lately. They have those huge crowds of 40-50 people. And in the afternoon and evenings it goes up to a couple of hundred as most

If you are correct

then why have the police not sent them packing

I like to believe the truth

not bias spred by some one who seems to have no idea

They are doing a good enough job of sending themselves packing....

police just have to wait it out and let them keep shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like 1

Thailand will roo the day that Thaskin Shinawatra ever stepped into the lime light , what a disappointment for many, not unexpected , from those who knew a rich mans dream, was for total control.

r

You applaud the fact that an elected government is being stripped of the tools of democracy? How can you believe that this is a good thing? The power was never on the streets? How will you rule if you succeed? Your only option is tyranny.

Successive Shinawatra governments have been undermining the tools of democracy for years, and subverting them to their own ends. Just look at DSI.

Curt1591, on 15 Feb 2014 - 13:13, said:

Don't you just want to slap them silly!?!

Exactly my feelings for Yingluck, Chalerm and the rest of the puppet government.

Costas - She won the election. How do you square that circle?

15 Baht a kilo for white rice, 20 Baht a kilo for Jasmin rice.

• Like 1

"True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice." - Martin Luther King.

"Non-violence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being." - Mahatma Gandhi

I hope for the sake of Thailand, the protesters do not let their pride and anger foreshadow peace and justice.

They believe in Buddha's doctrines, They don't want his f***ing job