Chachoengsao: Bus crash injures 32

webfact

Nakhon Chai Air are generally good and have a better than average safety record.

I think this route may go through Pattaya so there may have been some mongers onboard having done the trip up to the Isaan village. No reports yet.

The Forum police don't bother reading this section or you'd never get away with a word like monger to address a passenger. Edited by Jay Sata

"The bus lost control, skidded and overturned on the roadside".

B*stard bus losing control and not the incompetence of the driver.

Bloody rain making a wet road surface - these morons don't drive to the conditions and ease up on their speed when they should

Mr. Gweiloman. I noticed the post. But my beloved PM has her hands full on sissies blocking the traffic and junctions for weeks. You can't expect her to enforce regulations on bus tyres or sleepy drivers. Or trucks parked badly. She can't break iron with hands. Give her 10 years instead of the recent 2 for God's sake. Thailand will be a better place.

More idiotic speculation, what has tyres or sleepy drivers got to do with this?

Nothing probably. Espinete and I were sharing a private joke.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I n a normal country professional bus drivers are meant to be better trained than the average driver.

In Thailand they seak complete utter retards driving buses like jerks with bald tires.

Clearly you are very well-informed and not prone to ridiculous generalities.

Hell Guys

But as he arrived at the scene, he saw a truck lying on the roadside but with its trailer blocking the road ahead. He was shocked and quickly swerved to avoid hitting the trailer.

If he hadn't been driving so fast he would have been able to stop ... It's like saying I swerved to avoid a parked car!!! Now if that car stopped suddenly OK but as the trailer had been there sometime ............same same speed speed

No it's not, it's like saying he had to swerve to avoid hitting a trailer blocking the carriageway, not a parked car.

"...driving so fast...", do you know how fast the bus was travelling? Of course you don't, you just want to add a fallacy to the report that many posters here will take for gospel. It really doesn't matter if you do or not, NCA do as all their buses are equipped with GPS.

No I don't know what speed the bus was travelling at BUT it certainly couldn't stop in the distance that it could see clear ...END OF STORY

Nakonchai is a very safe bus company. Accidents happen, but nakonchai has fewer accidents per kilo driven than any other bus company.

That's true. And it's also good to hear that nobody suffered serious injuries or died in this accident. I have driven along road 304 from Chachoengsao and Phanom Sarakham towards Aranyaprathet and back twice in the past few weeks on my way to/from Cambodia. Once past Chachoengsao traffic thins out significantly and the road is relatively straight, although there are a few minor bends here and there. There is nothing difficult about driving that road other than the journey taking a lot longer than one would expect when travelling between Bangkok and the Cambodian border due to the number of traffic lights and industrial traffic near Chachoengsao.

No idea why the driver couldn't foresee the truck and trailer lying on the road ahead sooner as that way he could have probably avoided the accident. To suggest there was no way of avoiding the accident is ludicrous - even the rain was blamed. So yes it rained for the first time this year last night but that's not an excuse for poor handling of a large vehicle. I have driven hundreds of thousands of km throughout Asia (mostly in Thailand) and accidents are always avoidable...I have never been involved in an accident when I've been behind the wheel myself. The only problems I've encountered were due to idiots reversing without looking etc. causing fender benders when I was parked.