Onward ticket date for 60 day tourist visa application...any workarounds?

Hi all

I have just signed up in the hope that someone can provide me with some advice.

Over the next two years I will be bouncing in and out of Thailand from a number of neighbouring countries.

My plan is to obtain 60 Day single entry tourist visas from Thai embassies in these countries. I will fly in to Thailand and then obtain a 30 day extension (1900 THB) on the 60 day tourist visa to give me a total stay of 3 months. Then I will fly back out to a neigbouring country and repeat the process as necessary.

I know double entry, and even triple entry tourist visas are available, but I don't want to use these as, in my opinion, they attact negative attention, and sometimes, heaven forbid, the dreaded no further tourist visa stamp from Thai immigration.

I should also state that my passport is not from a G7 country so I ony get 15 days if I travel into Thailand by land.

Some of the Thai embassies in neighbouring countries require an oward ticket out of Thailand to apply for the 60 day tourist visa. However, I already know that I will be extending every 60 day visa I obtain with a 30 day extension.

So...to my first question:

1. Can the onward ticket be for a date in the future that is more than 60 days? Knowing that I will extend a further 30 days, I want to avoid buying and then tearing up a disposable ticket.

And this then leads me to some further questions:

2. When filling out the application form for a 60 day visa do you have to state your proposed arrival date in Thailand?

3. Once the visa is granted what is its shelf life, i.e, how long is it valid before i enter Thailand

The reason why I asked the two additional questions above, perhaps one workaround is to push the dates forward on the 60 day visa application but then enter early.

For example:

I want to enter Thailand on 1 November stay 90 days (60+30ext) then fly back out on day 90.

So then I make my application I write that I plan to enter on 1 December showing my outward ticket booked for the day 90 date.

But once the visa is granted I enter Thailand on 1 November and then I can use my onward ticket and don't have to tear it up because I have made a 30 day extension in Thailand.

Any assistance, on this issue, or any other workarounds for the onward ticket issue would be appeciated greatly.

Thanks in advance.

FD&S

I don't understand why you think single entry visas are better than one with 2 or more entries. You are more likely to reach the max number of tourist visas with a single entry visas than a 2 entry for example. Consulates normally just look a the number of back to back visas from them not the number of entries on each visa

Most nearby embassies and consulates do not ask for onward tickets.

All visas validity starts from the date of issue.

Vientiane and Savannakhet Laos issue 2 entry visas with 90 days validity with no tickets needed. This visa will give you almost 6 months of stay with 30 day extensions and using the 2nd entry just before the enter before date on the visa. From reports you can get up to 3 of these back to back.

Only KL Malaysia, Singapoer and Vietnam ask for tickets out.of the country.for a single entry visas.

Penang and Cambodia issue single entry visas with no tickets needed,

I don't understand why you think single entry visas are better than one with 2 or more entries. You are more likely to reach the max number of tourist visas with a single entry visas than a 2 entry for example. Consulates normally just look a the number of back to back visas from them not the number of entries on each visa

Most nearby embassies and consulates do not ask for onward tickets.

All visas validity starts from the date of issue.

Vientiane and Savannakhet Laos issue 2 entry visas with 90 days validity with no tickets needed. This visa will give you almost 6 months of stay with 30 day extensions and using the 2nd entry just before the enter before date on the visa. From reports you can get up to 3 of these back to back.

Only KL Malaysia, Singapoer and Vietnam ask for tickets out.of the country.for a single entry visas.

Penang and Cambodia issue single entry visas with no tickets needed,

Thanks for your reply UJ. I know you are one of the sharper tools in the the TV shed.

I already have a home in Phuket. When 50 I plan on getting a retirement visa. However I am now only 48 and so have a couple of years to go.

I do not work in Thailand, but I do work in a number of its neighbouring countries. In the comming two years, most frequently I will be applying for my Thai tourist visas in Jakarta...and sometimes perhaps Singapore or KL. All of these embassies require an onward ticket.

I am well aware of the double and even triple entry tourist visa options. But if I apply for one in Jakarta or Singapore, I am still faced withe the issue of the onward tickets. Two ownward tickets are required at these embassies (Jakarta, Singapore or KL) to obtain a double entry tourist visa.

So even if on on a double entry... at (or before) day 60 in Phuket I would extend for 30 days.... and then at day 90 fly out.

My question is, can the onward ticket I submit when I apply for the tourist visa be dated to fly out of Thailand on day 90 (or does it have to be dated on or before day 60) if the later applies then I would have to tear it up if I extended for 30 days while in Phuket.

Hope this is clearer and if anyone can shed any light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. I have bumped into a lot of fly in fly out oil and gas guys here in Phuket and some of them have been here for a decade or so, flying in and out on tourist visas. Perhaps if you are one of them you have had some experience on the date of any required onward ticket and can share your knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

FD&S

Many people working outside the country just use 30 day visa exempt entries.

You should check with the embassy in Jakarta to confirm what there requirement are. They have no info on their website it just directs you to the MFA website,

Singapore wants a ticket out within 60 days and is not on my list of recommended locations and can now say the same for KL because they now want financial proof as well as a ticket out.

Many people working outside the country just use 30 day visa exempt entries.

You should check with the embassy in Jakarta to confirm what there requirement are. They have no info on their website it just directs you to the MFA website,

Singapore wants a ticket out within 60 days and is not on my list of recommended locations and can now say the same for KL because they now want financial proof as well as a ticket out.

yes...I am well aware of the easier embassy options such as Vientienne. Problem is I will be travelling most frequently to Jakarta. So if the ticket onward ticket does have to be in the 60 day window can you apply for the visa saying that you will be entering in say 30 days, like I suggested in my original post.

Does the application form for the tourist visa even ask what day you propose to enter the Kingdom?

There is a space for your arrival date. Jakarta's visa application form here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/jakarta/contents/files/services-20130329-171606-105854.pdf

They should accept a ticket out for any date within 60 days.

The consulate in Bali does a 3 entry visa with a 6 month validity and only require one ticket out on any date within 6 months.

There is a space for your arrival date. Jakarta's visa application form here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/jakarta/contents/files/services-20130329-171606-105854.pdf

They should accept a ticket out for any date within 60 days.

The consulate in Bali does a 3 entry visa with a 6 month validity and only require one ticket out on any date within 6 months.

Now we require one ticket for each entry.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you are 48 and won property in Phuket and are going to apply for a retirement visa at 50 I think you are worrying about nothing. There are plenty of people who have applied for 3 back to back 3 entry tourist visa's. That will take you past 50. If you did get questioned by immigration officer you could tell them you are going to apply for a retirement visa at 50 and own property in Phuket and have already retired.