Do you own a tuk tuk or a sam lor?

krisb

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about 20 years ago there were 2 crazy guys who bought tuk tuks in Chiang Mai. They had them tricked out and made white. They were the smaller version. they were partying every night and racing and such on weekends and holidays, etc. One guy rolled his more than once and one day they crashed into each other and one guys leg was left on the roadside.

If you drive safely as the OP suggests I guess they are no worse than motorcycles. But they tip over easily, especially with a few farang in them. And the sides are exposed and your leg has no where to go.

Why would any westerner want a tuk tuk or samlor? Pray, do tell. To show everyone how Thai they are? Maybe to be the laughing stock of the village and provide bannok Thais with hours of entertainment?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Because it has a roof. On your Superbike you get wet.

• Like 2

Why would any westerner want a tuk tuk or samlor? Pray, do tell. To show everyone how Thai they are? Maybe to be the laughing stock of the village and provide bannok Thais with hours of entertainment?

I kind of agree with the laughing stock comment. Perhaps in a city with many farang it would be OK But, my lady wouldn't be a happy camper for one thing.

There's a shop in Udon that sells new ones - any fashion you'd like. Chain drive, shaft drive - neat. But......guess I'll have to suffer with my 2013 4 door truck.

Oh no! What will the neighbours think of me! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Ya, pretty funny people on the one hand mocking because they think it's being done to impress others, on the other saying they'd like to but worrying about what the missus or the neighbors might think.

<deleted> guys live your life as you like stop worrying about how you look!

If the missus is going to make such a big fuss about a thing like this - if it's something that will really make you happy - then you're not doing it right, chuck her out and start over with a new one, wearing the pants from the start this time.

• Like 1

Ya, pretty funny people on the one hand mocking because they think it's being done to impress others, on the other saying they'd like to but worrying about what the missus or the neighbors might think.

<deleted> guys live your life as you like stop worrying about how you look!

If the missus is going to make such a big fuss about a thing like this - if it's something that will really make you happy - then you're not doing it right, chuck her out and start over with a new one, wearing the pants from the start this time.

The question was , do you own one. Comprehension problems wym.

• 4 months later...

Just for the record,

Did the longest journey I've ever done on the sam lor a couple months back over Songkran!...yes I got saturated, but was perfect for hot Issan weather.

Started in Si Chompoo, over to Chum Phae then all the way to Chaiyapum.

140km's according to Google maps not including the wrong turn I took. Took a good 4 hours easily.

thumbsup.gif

Edit to add, no didn't do the return trip. It's now at the sister in laws.

That's next times problem getting it home.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1