Ladyboy-Tomboy Join Pattaya Mass Wedding

Lite Beer

Ladyboy-Tomboy Join Pattaya Mass Wedding

13925479331392547993l.jpg

By Khaosod English.

A ladyboy and a tomboy tie the knot - legally - along with 58 other heterosexual couples from around the world at a garden near Pattaya.

The event, themed ′Wedding On Elephants′, was held at the privately-owned Nong Nooch tropical botanical garden in Chonburi province on Valentine Day last week.

Elephants carried the 59 couples who took part in the event through the botanical garden to Sattahip district director, Mr. Pawat Lertmukda, and marriage registration officers, who signed their marriage certificates. Their marriage was also witnessed by Mr. Manij Nirint-rak, Nong Nooch Garden General Manager.

The rock garden where the wedding took place was arranged in shapes of 20 hearts, which the park managers boast to be "the most beautiful garden in Southeast Asia".

After the ceremony, the couples were encouraged to take pictures in the garden, explore the garden, watch live performances, and dine in a high-end restaurant in the park for free.

Mr. Pawat, the district director of Sattahip, said many couples - both Thai and foreign - queued up at the district office every year on 14 February to have their marriage official registered. Therefore, he said, the district decided to cooperate with Nong Nooch Garden to organise the registration in a pompous ceremony at the garden.

"We want to impress the couples," Mr. Pawat said.

One couple who stood out among the lovers of the day were Mr. Karom Prommala, 26, who identified herself as a ladyboy, and her partner, Ms. Ekmaneekan Pitwong, 21, who called himself a tomboy.

Mr. Karom and Ms. Ekmaneekan said they joined the mass wedding to celebrate their relationship, which was built "with love and bonding".

Although Thai society is relatively tolerant toward same-sex couples, same-sex marriage is not legally sanctioned under the Thai laws. But the marriage of Mr. Karom and Ms. Ekmaneekan was easily registered at Nong Nooch Garden on Thursday, since officials said the lovers retain their birthday statuses as male and female, respectively.

13925479331392547984l.jpg

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qVTBOemt6TXc9PQ==&catid=03

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-16

So a bloke who wants to be a girl marries a girl who wants to be a bloke. wub.png It is all love. wai2.gif (and legal)

It begs the question...... Who does what to whom? w00t.gif

Yeah, you hets are always curious about that aren't you. Well, there's one way to find out.

All I'll say is that's one mixed up couple. Even I had trouble following who was wearing the pants and who the skirt!

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

So a bloke who wants to be a girl marries a girl who wants to be a bloke. wub.png It is all love. wai2.gif (and legal)

It begs the question...... Who does what to whom? w00t.gif

You can request to sleep in the middle of their bed to experience first hand!

Then make a report here for all of us to know! 5555

ps

Mostly likely you are going to have the best of both world! Sandwiched in between !

They are legal on a technicality. It shows how unfair the laws are that exclude same sex couples.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The answers obvious...gay guys wanting to marry go out and find yourselves a really hunky butch lesbian. :) Edited by OMGImInPattaya

what is written in the passport? malefemale?

In Thailand, it is not possible to change Thai I.D. cards or passports from the sex at birth. Even in cases of radical surgery. This is one of the civil rights issues that transgender Thai activists are fighting for and probably will succeed at achieving ... EVENTUALLY. Obviously even when legal such change requests would require careful SCREENING. It's not a matter of waking up one morning and thinking, I want to change the sex on my I.D. card!

As Thailand for some mysterious reason seems to have perhaps the most visible and most numerous (relative to population) numbers of transgendered people, the Thai transgendered civil rights movement here is arguably more powerful than the gay/lesbian civil rights movement. That's rather unusual. Neither of course is very powerful. These social changes take time.

Edited by Jingthing

what is written in the passport? malefemale?

In Thailand, it is not possible to change Thai I.D. cards or passports from the sex at birth. Even in cases of radical surgery. This is one of the civil rights issues that transgender Thai activists are fighting for and probably will succeed at achieving ... EVENTUALLY. Obviously even when legal such change requests would require careful SCREENING. It's not a matter of waking up one morning and thinking, I want to change the sex on my I.D. card!

As Thailand for some mysterious reason seems to have perhaps the most visible and most numerous (relative to population) numbers of transgendered people, the Thai transgendered civil rights movement here is arguably more powerful than the gay/lesbian civil rights movement. That's rather unusual. Neither of course is very powerful. These social changes take time.

One "right" they have been given is not having to serve in the Thai army. All Thai males have to report for the army conscription lottery sometime between certain ages (something like 18-20). To be conscripted as a private into the army is avoided at all costs in Thailand by all but the very poor. I believe how it works is that if a ladyboy gets conscripted, they are booted out at the physical exam stage of the process that follows. The army doctors will note on their records them having "unusually large breasts" or an "unusually high voice" and therefore unfit for military service. So they basically get an automatic out from serving. However, one complaint the Thai TS community has is these records are permanent and following a person for the rest of their lives. Sometimes employers review them for jobs and basically being tossed out is like a dishonorable discharge and seen as a negative by potential employers.

However, I think it will be awhile before the ladyboys actually fight for the right to serve as ladyboys in the army.

Off topic but if you check out the history of this, before recent years, transgendered people were labeled as mentally ill by the military which yes went on their permanent records. That was a horrendous injustice so progress has been made.

Another thing to consider is for legitimate transgendered people, the trans part is a LONG PROCESS (and highly variable), and military conscript age would generally be in an earlier stage of that process.

Edited by Jingthing