Public will be able to watch retaking of Bangkok rally sites live on TV

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the Truffaut movie Fahrenheit 451, the government - which kept a tight authoritarian control on the people and banned the reading of books - daily broadcast images of arrests on TV of the government's ever vigilante efforts to crack down on resistance. It seems a very sad thing indeed, that Chalerm has to actually approve and allow a television station to cover this - that it actually requires his permission to " allow " the press to do so - let alone opting to personally co-host a television programme of the operation called " Peace for Bangkok Mission ". It is something that Truffaut would doubtless have many things to say.

How bad has this become ? This bad. How close to Truffaut's cautionary tale is this ? Far too close for comfort.

Edited by Scamper

The violence of these yellow criminals is exposed every minute a bit more...

A police officer shot in the head...

Other police officers wounded by bombs...

Bombs and material for their fabrication found at the protest sites...

Countless weapons found...

Criminals on the run... :ph34r:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-12654-13927038947593_thumb.jpg

post-12654-13927039077755_thumb.jpg

post-12654-13927039274107_thumb.jpg

post-12654-13927039463248_thumb.jpg

post-12654-13927039600854_thumb.jpg

post-12654-13927039865592_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So, is anything on TV?

Unfortunately the "live " feed is. A person talking to another person in the studio!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As usual! And when the video is of a protest - its from the file, and at another place than where they are talking about ! 555

ASTV Channel 4 in Bangkok has constant feed of images, split screens. All in Thai. Hard to separate live action from pictures of action earlier today.

Empty threats period looks to be definitely over. Protestors standing down in the face of overwhelming numbers of police and where there's violent resistance to police, the shotguns are out. Arrests of protest leaders, displays of weapons captured by police.

Edited by LadPhrao123
  • Like 1

Great... we will be able to see this bloodbath live on TV. Her IQ is really dropping by the minute... and you can see she wants this to end violently...

She had the anti democrats against her, and now she has all her supporters ALSO against her... you lost the whole country!!! OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE THE DAMAGE YOU ARE CREATING...

and the friendly protestors have been behaving very well until now... They are not violent, and don't want to use it, but I do think that they will when forced out!

no one wants to lose face in Thailand... main reason why they fight to the death... :/

This will backfire on the Govt.

Wait and see.

Only an idiot would put this on TV ... and that defines Charlerm

Considering the source, Sad it is the only way around the rich elites personal propaganda arm the major Thai news agencies!

Let the country decide, by the facts as they happen!

Peace

Quite right. The Elite don't come much richer than Thaksin and the Shinawatras.

Wait and see.

Considering the source, Sad it is the only way around the rich elites personal propaganda arm the major Thai news agencies!

Peace

the ones behind this are richer... but they don't have the brains to go with it.

this is why they let thaksin run thailand before, they thought he would serve them like all the other lackeys,,,, he didn't!!

Wait and see.

Peace

the ones behind this are richer... but they don't have the brains to go with it.

this is why they let thaksin run thailand before, they thought he would serve them like all the other lackeys,,,, he didn't!!

Ah the mysterious elite 'let' Thaksin run Thailand. Your implication is that Thailand's pseudo democracy is a total farce. Well that's exactly what Suthep is saying and with 3 stooges running CMPO adding even more grist to the mill.

Meanwhile the country lurches from crisis to crisis with no proper law enforcement from top to bottom. It's a total mess with no need for conspiracy theories to make it look any worse.

"It was to show the public that the CMPO authorities performed their operations in a transparent manner in line with the laws and that they did not use force to crack down on the protesters," (my bold added)

So no blow-by-blow commentary then ? whistling.gif

The police will all be unarmed, no rubber-bullets or water-cannon or tear-gas, this time at least ? wink.png

It will be broadcast on live TV what more "transparent" can it get, does not mean their will be no violence, if the protester violently resist the police have a right to self defense, or put an end to the violence, hence, why it will be televised, to let the public can witness the police did not instigate any violence that may arise!

Cheers

Sunisa said in the OP on behalf of the CMPO that the crackdown wouldn't involve the use of force, despite the weeks of previous threats from her boss Chalerm to do just that, in the event the police were firing tear-gas & rubber-bullets within a few hours, with tragic consequences on both sides.

RIP the dead, and hope the injured recover.

Sad that it had to end like this, but with Chalerm put in charge, it always seemed likely.

He and Yingluck should face charges, in exactly the same way that Suthep & Abhisit do, over the events of 2010.

• Like 1

"It was to show the public that the CMPO authorities performed their operations in a transparent manner in line with the laws and that they did not use force to crack down on the protesters," (my bold added)

So no blow-by-blow commentary then ? whistling.gif

The police will all be unarmed, no rubber-bullets or water-cannon or tear-gas, this time at least ? wink.png

It will be broadcast on live TV what more "transparent" can it get, does not mean their will be no violence, if the protester violently resist the police have a right to self defense, or put an end to the violence, hence, why it will be televised, to let the public can witness the police did not instigate any violence that may arise!

Cheers

Sunisa said in the OP on behalf of the CMPO that the crackdown wouldn't involve the use of force, despite the weeks of previous threats from her boss Chalerm to do just that, in the event the police were firing tear-gas & rubber-bullets within a few hours, with tragic consequences on both sides.

RIP the dead, and hope the injured recover.

Sad that it had to end like this, but with Chalerm put in charge, it always seemed likely.

He and Yingluck should face charges, in exactly the same way that Suthep & Abhisit do, over the events of 2010.

Agreed. But with Tarit involved again and presumably continuing to do Thaksin's bidding at the DSI. it won't happen until the DSI has some independence from the Government.

Which one of the 3 CMPO stooges said that the police would be unarmed? More lies.

Yes, it is sad that deaths and injuries had to occur but it was pretty obvious that some of the (Students Network?) would arm themselves as the red police were making no effort to either protect them or find out who was continually attacking them and arrest the red group that killed the protest leader at the Bang-na temple.

I hope the police will be careful.

These yellow protesters have a history of being armed and dangerous.

While casualties on the police side would further discredit Suthep's criminal actions, it would be sad to have a bloodshed.

This morning the police caught more of these armed thugs.

What an arsenal ... Very dangerous people indeed.

It is a very good idea to allow the public to witness where the violence come from!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692716.117716.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692731.350073.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692741.421081.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692766.766241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

always makes me wonder

Police can not capture or stop unarmed females

but can catch armed thugs with ease

Maybe my wife opinion is right

these are thugs set up to look like they have be caught yet the full thing is staged

possible I guess

and not something a desperate government would not do

I hope the police will be careful.

These yellow protesters have a history of being armed and dangerous.

While casualties on the police side would further discredit Suthep's criminal actions, it would be sad to have a bloodshed.

This morning the police caught more of these armed thugs.

What an arsenal ... Very dangerous people indeed.

It is a very good idea to allow the public to witness where the violence come from!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692716.117716.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692731.350073.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692741.421081.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392692766.766241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

what we see is the police caught or arranged to find a group of men with weapons

These man could have been Protestors Red Shirts Farmers The local shooting cub

I do not know the answer and neither do you, but it looks good to blame it on the protestors

when things get bad it is always good to send some people to pretend they are the opposite side and suddenly get caught

But is it not, amazing the the police can grab a bunch of armed thugs

but in the Taskin backers can not catch 5 old ladies in wheel chair s they keep telling us that is all there is left

I have red in many books a high percentage of western men leave their brains at the airport

But I though they where talking about how the react to bar girls

"Propaganda" is a form of communication or actions aimed towards influencing the attitude of the community toward some cause or position by presenting only their side that want shown

Chalerm:

People who are backing Suthep are very mad that I have cooled off.

Chalerm on the Rocks...

No

we are relaxing drinking the whisky we bought to give to the first TV member who could post pictures of the police actually doing their job

no one came so we can not let the whisky go to waste can we ?

Wait and see.

Peace

So the Chinese Thai have no brains

what Thailand are you living in

Are you living in La La Land