Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

holy crap ! the leg went off !

anyway police is meant to be armed. Unarmed police is not police.

The leg went off? They must have sown it back on for the pictures when he was being carted off on a stretcher.

I think that was his riot gear (shin pad) being blown off.

In many other countries, riot police are unarmed. When they're dealing with rioting protesters they don't really want to take a chance of them losing their firearms.

If they are carrying firearms, I don't think they need to bother carrying riot shields.

I also saw that fly, it was stated he lost a big piece of his calf muscles as he laid on the ground after the explosion his leg was still attached but heavily damaged. yellows are saying the police dropped the grenade, 'what a crock' it was thrown from the direction of the protesters and hit one of the shields.

Kikoman,

See my posts in this thread. The PDRC they videod as witness is carrying a police uniform, he's one of the fake police they spotted earlier! He has one of those black bandana head scarfs too, we've seen those on a PDRC group that posted a selfie before deleting it.

We can see PDRC have hand grenades now too, Fridays/Sundays hand-grenades thrown at their own people now seen remarkably familiar!

I saw those picture, I read all of your post I see!

Most of the attacks against PDRC when bomb set off where no protesters were little damage or someone slightly wounded were all staged by the fascist, only meant for a media show!

Like your post, always great info!

Thanks

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Reactionary right"??? this is way beyond the simplistic notion of western politics, this is an old fashioned family feud.. A sad day for many, but predictable when the likes of the Shins are allowed to abuse the country. Well that era is coming to an end and not before time.

• Like 1

Nobody ever gets convicted and does hard time for politically motivated crime in Thailand because the battles are basically gangsters fighting a turf war. That goes for all sides. And gansters never pay a lot of attention to the law - especially when they own it.

so why did he run away???

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

It is time for the rule of law to be enforced, let the army do what they may!.

Can you point out to me where it says the protesters started the violence in the clash described?

Furthermore your reasoning on 'if the police did the shooting' is misleading. One the police is not supposed to shoot, two the police would only in utmost defense shoot non-lethally and three even the army accused of shooting really thousands of round into a densely packed mass of protesters had a half dozens deaths on their side.

Now as for the last, are you suggesting that the specially training forces of the Police is not doing it's assigned task correctly?

Cnn news website, reporter at the rear of the police when the grenade hit, clearly shows the rank and file police did not have weapons other then the shields and batons 6-8 (more or less) officers armed with shotguns rushed forward and fired multiple rubber bullets at the protesters, The reporter stated On the video "Police taken by surprize, clearly did not expect resistance" , Also an BBC shows the video of the grenade hitting a policemans shield and fell to the ground, a policeman tried to kick it way and it exploded injuring a number of police one source stated 4 another stated 10.

Check those sites out for yourself!

They were doing their assigned tasks correctly and by the book. I think the problems was the "peaceful unarmed protesters did not go by the book" because they were neither "peaceful" nor "unarmed"

555 where did you get your information on police tactics at the "Mickey Mouse" show, any police force in the world would respond to "deadly force with deadly force,

Any police force in the world!

While you're working yourself into a frenzy about what CNN said, take another look at the BBC report. It starts with an unarmed protester being beaten by a whole crowd of riot police. and the journalist explaining that the police were firing either shotguns or rubber bullets prior to the hand grenade exploding. The Thai video posted earlier also shows Thai police cradling automatic rifles. So clearly the police were either expecting resistance or determined to break through the demonstrators at whatever cost.

To assume as you do that, hopefully, one person insane enough to throw a grenade in a situation like today's, means all protesters are armed and dangerous is as ludicrous as assuming that you have a jerry can of petrol ready to 'burn down Bangkok' because you defend Yingluck and her government.

Crude violence and tough action can seem very alluring from behind the safety of our computers, but surely we all know that violence never really solves anything permanently.

• Like 2

Most of the attacks against PDRC when bomb set off where no protesters were little damage or someone slightly wounded were all staged by the fascist, only meant for a media show!

Thanks

And your evidence for this ridiculous and rumor mongering assertion is...?

Thanks

Since when do you need evidence for an assertion?

as·ser·tion [uh-sur-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn]
noun
a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason: a mere assertion; an unwarranted assertion.

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Yor're kidding, right? This government has been far more patient than the previous government was with the Red Shirt protesters, but it's about time they did something to restore order and the rule of law.

Maybe one way to restore law and order is for the corrupt PTP and their puppet to step down.

One thing for sure Thaksin was corrupt, he is a convicted criminal, he defrauded the Thai people, he jumped bail, and YL is doing what he says, she needs to go, and will do one day, but the sooner the better.

Actually, in a democracy people have the right to choose their representatives in government. PTP (and its previous iterations) overwhelmingly won the past three free and open elections. The peoples' mandate is clear in that they support the government and do not support the protesters. If the opposition could field a candidate that isn't as corrupt, or far more corrupt, than Thaksin, then I might think your opinion had merit. The fact is that Suthep is far more corrupt than Thaksin and he does not even pretend to care about the average working Thai.

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

Why do you bother to post other than to stir the pot. This is full of contradictions. So of the 29 injured lets assume some were protesters then how were they injured?

They were hurt by DISOBEYING the LAW. If the army were to come in do you realize how many people would be killed????????

ould you
blatent crly lieying outloud, PTP disobeying the law since 2010...and really ever since square face bought his way in to power. This is in no way comparable to a city under absolute siege in 2010. But some are brainwashed by their Isaan bird enough to think so...or to kiss it up, for whatever in law benefits they think they'll reap.

"This is in no way comparable to a city under absolute siege in 2010."

Why would you blatantly lie like that? How many government buildings were occupied in 2010? Your type really do think we working class are stupid don't you?

Well I've got news for you, I'd rather support my "Isaan bird", her family and friends than a bunch of hi-so Chinese business types and their elitist buddies who wouldn't even acknowledge my existence. Democracy is the word son, the majority of people want it and the days of reactionary old crocks like Suthep are numbered.

The voting system in Thailand is completely ridiculous. You can't vote where you are currently living. Is it like that anywhere else in the world?

in thailand is the same.

you must vote in your home.

for this people the home is not in bangkok.

Hi Ponchi

Congratulations on a great joke account.It must be difficult to combine such stupid and ignorant opinions with horrible English - but I think you get the comic effect just right.I don't know how you do it but I look forward to lots more rib tickling posts.

Look, she is not a joke. She is honestly telling the way she thinks and that, agree with it or not, is shared by many other Thai people.

For example, home is where you are born not where you live. That is the same as China law.

Beside that I suspect her English is better than your Thai.

No, it's a joke.Nobody could be that stupid,unpleasant and sheer ignorant.But it's a very good parody and every post is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Can you point out to me where it says the protesters started the violence in the clash described?

Furthermore your reasoning on 'if the police did the shooting' is misleading. One the police is not supposed to shoot, two the police would only in utmost defense shoot non-lethally and three even the army accused of shooting really thousands of round into a densely packed mass of protesters had a half dozens deaths on their side.

Now as for the last, are you suggesting that the specially training forces of the Police is not doing it's assigned task correctly?

Cnn news website, reporter at the rear of the police when the grenade hit, clearly shows the rank and file police did not have weapons other then the shields and batons 6-8 (more or less) officers armed with shotguns rushed forward and fired multiple rubber bullets at the protesters, The reporter stated On the video "Police taken by surprize, clearly did not expect resistance" , Also an BBC shows the video of the grenade hitting a policemans shield and fell to the ground, a policeman tried to kick it way and it exploded injuring a number of police one source stated 4 another stated 10.

They were doing their assigned tasks correctly and by the book. I think the problems was the "peaceful unarmed protesters did not go by the book" because they were neither "peaceful" nor "unarmed"

555 where did you get your information on police tactics at the "Mickey Mouse" show, any police force in the world would respond to "deadly force with deadly force,

While you're working yourself into a frenzy about what CNN said, take another look at the BBC report. It starts with an unarmed protester being beaten by a whole crowd of riot police. and the journalist explaining that the police were firing either shotguns or rubber bullets prior to the hand grenade exploding. The Thai video posted earlier also shows Thai police cradling automatic rifles. So clearly the police were either expecting resistance or determined to break through the demonstrators at whatever cost.

To assume as you do that, hopefully, one person insane enough to throw a grenade in a situation like today's, means all protesters are armed and dangerous is as ludicrous as assuming that you have a jerry can of petrol ready to 'burn down Bangkok' because you defend Yingluck and her government.

Crude violence and tough action can seem very alluring from behind the safety of our computers, but surely we all know that violence never really solves anything permanently.

The BBC report that I saw said the police tried to clear the protesters using batons and shields, shots were fired from within the protester lines and four police were hit and one died, then the police responded with rubber bullets, tear gas, and live fire. The grenade came after that.

Yor're kidding, right? This government has been far more patient than the previous government was with the Red Shirt protesters, but it's about time they did something to restore order and the rule of law.

Maybe one way to restore law and order is for the corrupt PTP and their puppet to step down.

One thing for sure Thaksin was corrupt, he is a convicted criminal, he defrauded the Thai people, he jumped bail, and YL is doing what he says, she needs to go, and will do one day, but the sooner the better.

Yeah, and all the unelected Abhisit had to do to peacefully end the 2010 protests was call elections.

One thing for sure the Democrats can't win an election, so they are trying to seize power through other means.

The police are heroes.

Now we confirm that PDRC have hand-grenades, so yet more evidence that Friday and Sunday hand-grenade bombers against PDRC was their own people doing fake ops against their own protestors. So conveniently timed around army day too!

It proves no such thing. All it shows is both sides have their share if armed, dangerous thugs. Edited by Bluespunk

Kikoman,

See my posts in this thread. The PDRC they videod as witness is carrying a police uniform, he's one of the fake police they spotted earlier! He has one of those black bandana head scarfs too, we've seen those on a PDRC group that posted a selfie before deleting it.

We can see PDRC have hand grenades now too, Fridays/Sundays hand-grenades thrown at their own people now seen remarkably familiar!

Thanks

Nonsense. It does not prove that at all.

Edited by Bluespunk

There has been numerous reports of off topic posting. Many are 4 or 5 pages back in the conversation. I am not going to bother going and assessing their need for removal, however;

I would ask that all members post on topic and stop squabbling like seagulls after chips.

Thank you.

• Like 1

PHAN FAH CLASH
Police in bloody clash with protesters; 4 dead

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Four people including a policeman were killed yesterday in skirmishes between anti-government protesters and anti-riot police at the Phan Fah Lilat Bridge in Bangkok.

The casualties resulted from an operation mounted by the caretaker government's anti-protest operations agency, the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), to reclaim areas occupied by the protesters. The operation is code-named "Peace for Bangkok".

The total number of casualties included 64 injuries. Yesterday's violence was a second clash by police against the protesters.

A pre-election clash last year at the Thai-Japanese Stadium in Din Daeng area saw two deaths and 160 injuries. However, it was the first time heavy weapons were used, including at least one M-79 grenade attack, which the CMPO said was from the protesters' side.

Listing the fatalities, the Erawan Emergency Medical Service Centre said Suphot Bunrung, 52, succumbed to head wounds; Thanusak Rattanakhot, 29, could not be revived after losing consciousness; and Pol Senior Sgt-Major Phianchai Pharawat, 45, sustained fatal chest wounds. The fourth fatality, announced by the Erawan Centre, was of an unidentified man who died from chest wounds. He was pronounced dead at Vajira Hospital where he had been admitted and treated.

Media video footage showed a group of policemen falling after being hit by an explosion, while online photos show a policeman aiming a pistol at an unknown target.

CMPO member Tarit Pengdith accused People's Democratic Reform Committee supporters of firing both the M-79 grenades and handguns at the police. He said the CMPO planned to continue carrying out operations to reclaim the occupied areas every day from today - but only during daylight hours.

Deputy Bangkok police chief Pol Maj-General Adul Narongsak said M-79 rounds were fired by assailants with no known political affiliation from rooftops of nearby buildings. He added that police would need to secure vantage points around the Phan Fah Lilat Bridge in their future efforts to reclaim the area.

The clashes began at around 11.40am when a police force encountered protesters behind a sandbag barricade behind the bridge, during an effort by police to gain access to Government House, which is barricaded by a large group of PDRC supporters. The violence stopped at around 3pm when police retreated into the Metropolitan Police Bureau compound and the protesters retired behind their barricades. An earlier CMPO-led operation reclaimed areas outside the Energy Ministry on Vibhavadi Road that had been occupied by another group of protesters allied with the PDRC.

The dawn operation apprehended 144 protesters including two core leaders, Dr Rawee Maschamadol and Tossapon Kaewtima.

Another protest leader, Somkiat Pongpaiboon, was apprehended at the Phan Fah Lilat Bridge rally site, but was later rescued by a group of unidentified men who snatched him from a police mobile-detention unit and set him free. He said in interviews later that the five men were dressed in black but not hooded, and that one of them was shot in the leg while trying to rescue him.

The 144 arrested protesters have been detained at a police facility in Pathum Thani.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-19

Ok so people died in the clash... Basing on PTP's earlier position on the 2010 clash when Abhisit...

Does this now mean that the government now plans to bring murder charges against Yingluk?

If not, then why not?

Although from my personal point of view, neither deserve murder charges... but what is good for the gooses is good for the gander...

So hope she now realizes the ridiculousness of PTP earlier position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

Posting this remark makes me feel sad. Either you are a kid , naive person or anti police , let me reiterate that police are human. They're not dogs to shot at. I have unpleasant encounter with cops but still they are there whenever you need them.If you are a humble and learned person, please re think again. It is only fair for police to be armed to protect and serve. BTW this is Thai problem actually....isn't it so??? Well i am Thai so i can ........... I hope you understand my simple english. My apologies for being educative. Thank you

Major demonstrations in Australia some police will also be armed behind the frontline. They are there purely for if things get out of hand and can be called on. Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. Thankfully in Australia police have never been gunned down whilst doing their jobs at demonstrations.

Edited by chooka

Thanks

Non existent.

Please tell me again, it's hard to understand from the Suthep posters here. you say they don't have weapons. But now the truth comes out. Police carry weapons to protect the public, protesters carry weapons to shot at police. Wasn't it M?r Abhitsit who said the protesters are not carrying weapons? Is someone lying here?

why the police need the weapon ??

is only the thai people.

why have to kill your brother and sister ??

this police i think is not thai. i think is import from cambodia !!

Please tell me again, it's hard to understand from the Suthep posters here. you say they don't have weapons. But now the truth comes out. Police carry weapons to protect the public, protesters carry weapons to shot at police. Wasn't it M?r Abhitsit who said the protesters are not carrying weapons? Is someone lying here?

why the police need the weapon ??

is only the thai people.

why have to kill your brother and sister ??

this police i think is not thai. i think is import from cambodia !!

lol

• Like 2

Oh God, enough with this type of nonsense.

RIP to those have been and will be murdered by the paid yellow thugs.

And a speedy recovery to those injured it trying to return the streets to the public.

You did mean red ..(not yellow) !

Hired gunman, no doubt, working for the police. Common knowledge...they do the dirty work. Up in red shirt land, most people know this. Buck starts where?

Most people in Bangkok are Pheu Thai supporters, they just don't have enough money to register in Bangkok to vote!

That's absolute nonsense. Most people who vote for Pheu Thai in Bangkok are not Bangkokians in the first place. Anyway they lost the election in Bangkok regardless of numerous dirty tricks and insane amount of tax payer money spent on their failed campaign.

LOL what has that got to do with anything?

They live in Bangkok don't they? They work in Bangkok don't they?

The rule that you have to go back to your village 800km away to vote exists to benefit the Bangkok elite and allowed them to hold a grip on the country for a long time.

As in most countries, you have to vote where you are registered. This has been this way in Thailand since there was voting.

I am not sure how it benefits the Bangkok elite, or how it would allow them to hold a grip on the country. It doesn't stop people from voting. They don't have to go home to vote as they can register for advanced voting.

• Like 1

The voting system in Thailand is completely ridiculous. You can't vote where you are currently living. Is it like that anywhere else in the world?

In 2011 people had to vote from where they had been in 2007!

How ridiculous is that? Another electoral weapon of the elite.

In 2011, people had to vote from where they were registered. Do you think any country allows people to roam the country side and vote where ever they want?