Yingluck slammed for disseminate "hate speech"

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I do think that Yingluck is totally right in saying that the problems of the farmers are linked with the protests.

First because the government is now in a caretaker role, and then because the EC did not allow the caretaker government to borrow money, and last because Suthep made everything he could to avoid any solution with banks, but at the same time accepting donations for the farmers... to be used in lawsuits against the government unsure.png

Those who don't see the truth are really blind laugh.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Isn't it terrible that the protesters objected to the care-taker government breaking the law?

They have the right to object...

But to a certain extent.

Spraying bullets on police, throwing bombs, killing people, preventing people to vote, ... That is not objecting anymore...

As the International community has noticed...

And preventing millions of people to receive their due payment is hardly seen as an "objection"...

Sent from my iPhone...

That doesn't mean that it's the protesters fault that the farmers are not being paid. They are not being paid because the care-taker government can't legally borrow more money while in care-taker mode. That is the fault of the government and no one else.

My question is why should they government have to borrow money? Doesn't Yingluck have a degree in business?

Wasn't her business degree and experience the reason she gave that made her qualified to be the PM when she

had zero political experience?

What kind of business has to borrow money to pay the workers? Show us the money, where did it go?

Where's the transparency? This is the real problem, not that they are not in a position to borrow money.

The focus on having to borrow money and not being able to is just absurd! Just what I'm thinking, probably means nothing. coffee1.gif

TV Gerry who'se stressing ? Not me I don't care which way the wind will blows because ONCE it's stopped I'll simply get on with my life and rebuild what's needed IF it's needed !!

From all I've read here it's the Bangkok Farangs who are getting all "excited" on a daily basis Sitting in the Korat mall right now with a coffee and I can assure you nobody here sems to give a toss as to what's going on in Bangkok and waning the Thais mate.

Yes people chose to live here but give me a break if you have been here through the countless coups and changes in the past 20 years or so then you've sucked it up and have accepted it is what it is!!

bitch and moan all you want makes no odds to me because when I wake up tomorrow I'll still be alive and compos mentus enough to have my own thoughts and wits about me and still nothing will have changed in Bangkok to have any significant impact on my Thai family lives either.

Once everyone can agree on the colour of <deleted> then things might actually start improving for all Thais.

The mask is cracking now. Her most recent statements have been desperate and unconvincing even to people who think she is not so bad really. Normally she manages to talk her way out of things, but that was when there wasn't so much daylight shining onto the picture. I think she felt a lot more comfortable telling fibs when the crimes were less out in the open, and these recent completely desperate statements just show how thin the mask really is and how fragile the trapped person behind it is.

coffee1.gif

Was Chuastapanasiri statement to Isara News Agency online an official statement of Academic Institute of Public Media?

I think he did not check the backgrounds of the two leaders of the 'rice farmer protesters'. He did not take into consideration of the dem's pdrc/pcad threat to banks. As a mainstream media person, he had acted unprofessionally and without media ethic because he (based on what is reported here) did not seems to take the context and purpose of the speech into consideration. He used the word 'IMPLY' and that made his accusations baseless and irrelevant. His action therefore was unprofessional and naughty.

Caretaker PM YS apologized to the farmers of the hardship they suffered and at the same time mentioned that the government has been consistent in making good the payments to the hardworking farmers and thanks them for their contributions to the overall economy of Thailand. He explained that the disruptive politics, election, and the threats of the protesters and their ongoing activities have affected the government in securing the funds (which they have been no problem obtaining) to pay them.

He use conjecture while making baseless accusation that "Yingluck made the speech as armed police were preparing to crackdown on the protesters, Time said, and what she said clearly showed that the violence that was going to happen was necessary."

1. the topic mentions only "member of the Academic Institute of Public Media", no suggestion that member is speaker for the AIPM

2. the two leaders of the two farmers organisations the caretaker Dept Minister of Commerce didn't like you mean? The 'not real farmers'?

3. context of the speech and purpose was clear:"don't blame me, my government, or Pheu Thai, it's all the anti-government protesters fault that we overspent our initial budget of 500 billion till a total of 700 billion and now need to borrow more because we didn't make provisions in the National Budget to avoid parliamentary scrutiny'

4. You seem to imply a lot, equally baseless,useless, but maybe your profession?

5. Ms. Yingluck apologised and assured farmers that the government had been consistent in not paying for more than five months.

6. Ms. Yingluck explained that her golf caddy hadn't expected so many protests against his blanket amnesty bill.

7. The conjecture just happens to be true.

8. She said the violence that was going to happen was necessary? Now you are trying to frame her for pre-meditated murder. That's naughty!

Remember that without falangs Thais would have nothing

Good one, must remember that next time in my four ball with my Thai friends.

it is the truth and it's time they realised it, they are great people with potential and I have Thai friends too, but because their political system has been in limbo for years they have not developed as they should have, corruption and poor management leaves them far behind in SE Asia, why have they not developed like Japan Malaysia S.Korea Taiwan and many others, instead they are just ahead of Cambodia Burma and Vietnam and could be argued otherwise

The reason is simple - corruption and a defunct administration for years in so many ways it's impossible to mention them, Thailand is the hub of standstill - that is fact

They are good at talking it up but that is all - time for change for all the Thai people before they are left well and truly behind in SEA

Assayer yes you're correct TVF members can indeed post as they please as long as it falls within the ruless.

I'm not saying they have no right I'm saying some are rude bigoted derogatory and insulting to others over something that only the Thai people can sort out so there's no need for abusive or insulting comments I'm all for banter but there's a hardcore element on both sides who would say black when you say white!!

everyone is entitled to their opinions that's th beauty of a forum they're just opinions and you know what they say about opinions don't you? ;)

• Like 1

Firstly I like to say I think the rice pledging was a poor policy, and I think amnesty should not be allowed, also yu'p corruption throughout,

also reform is needed, which Mark had the opportunity to do but did not...

but as far as hate speech sorry don't agree,

here is what I see as hate speech,

Suthep threatened bank NOT to give government loans to pay farmers, FACT,

then after advice he back flipped and said banks would not be blocked and should loan government to pay farmers, FACT

Suthep said the protesters are peaceful and have no weapons, FACT, BUT oh yes they did, FACT,

Suthep encouraged his "peaceful protesters" to detain the caretaker PM and ministers and warned them to find a good place for their wives and kids in case of trouble, FACT.

and so much more, how about looking at his speeches, would you call ANY of them as hate speech??? and try to be honest.

The Thai press here is disgraceful. Might as well declare Thailand the oligarchy that it is. Ineptocracy.

Nice work Noitom busting out a relatively new word, utterly appropriate though.

For those of you who do not know it, or cannot figure it out.

Wiktionary English Etymology

inept, from French inepte (feckless) + -cracy, from Ancient Greek κράτος (kratos, strength, power).

Noun

ineptocracy (countable and uncountable, plural ineptocracies)

1. (countable, pejorative) A government characterized by incompetent leaders.
  2. (uncountable, pejorative) The phenomenon of governance or leadership by the incompetent.
  • Like 2

They have the right to object...

But to a certain extent.

Spraying bullets on police, throwing bombs, killing people, preventing people to vote, ... That is not objecting anymore...

As the International community has noticed...

And preventing millions of people to receive their due payment is hardly seen as an "objection"...

Sent from my iPhone...

That doesn't mean that it's the protesters fault that the farmers are not being paid. They are not being paid because the care-taker government can't legally borrow more money while in care-taker mode. That is the fault of the government and no one else.

My question is why should they government have to borrow money? Doesn't Yingluck have a degree in business?

Wasn't her business degree and experience the reason she gave that made her qualified to be the PM when she

had zero political experience?

What kind of business has to borrow money to pay the workers? Show us the money, where did it go?

Where's the transparency? This is the real problem, not that they are not in a position to borrow money.

The focus on having to borrow money and not being able to is just absurd! Just what I'm thinking, probably means nothing. coffee1.gif

Both her Bachelor's (Chiang Mai University) and Master's (Kentucky State University) degrees were in Public Administration.

"Yingluck is the real disseminator of hate speech, as she made the protesters out as the villains for causing the national crisis and rice farmers’ problems while branding the government as good," Time Chuastapanasiri told Isara News Agency online.Time Chuastapanasiri told Isara News Agency online.... well glory be... his diatribe is totally spurious, specious and LMAO exactly what he accuses her of.

."Her speech distorted the facts, told lies and slandered others by changing the responsibility for the mistakes on others. She also made herself a target by implying that the protesters are the enemy of farmers, the country and democracy and the elected government," he said.

"Her speech reflected discrimination by conveying the message that those who did not support farmers (in their attempts to get payment from the scheme) are not sympathetic towards the farmers and did not support the government who was helping them."

She also took the protesters hostage by saying that she could not settle the problems because they (the protesters) were blocking her good intention to help the farmers and that the protesters systematically organised the rally to topple the government....

1) disseminator of hate speech Really...? I thought that was the nightly duty of Kuhn Suthep from every stage he stood on...

2) distorted the facts, told lies and slandered others...hmmm.....(see number 1)...

3) "Her speech reflected discrimination... hmmm let's see. .. the rural poor have no idea what is good for them or the country... they should not have the vote..because they are "uneducated"....(see number 1)

Lotta "buzz words in a very short outburst..he really gets an A for loading it up

"She also took the protesters hostage by saying that she could not settle the problems because they (the protesters) were blocking her good intention to help the farmers and that the protesters systematically organised the rally to topple the government."

Lets see.. so the PDRC and associates are not blocking roads, government offices..thru traffic etc etc etc,,, not making threats to kidnap...hound...run out.. and not that the protesters systematically organised the rally to topple the government.???"

gotta love the "buzz words" stokes the hot button... keeps the drive alive...

Of Course the insurrection was not designed to topple the government, even if that has been the hue and cry from day one...

of course SHUT DOWN BANGKOK was not intended to make fellow Bankokians hostages... of the PDRCC and Associates...

Yehaw! Mr Chuastapanasiri ..Pundit Extraordinaire!

A long soapbox presentation from you that says nothing. To score this out of ten I would give crap.

• Like 2

Fat Haggis - although I agree with most of what you say I don't see the point in posting it here

also you assume that all posters here are falang - I suspect that is not entirely the case

and in reply to another poster - quote - people are controlled by the media, IMO opinion people here can be influenced by the media but are controlled by money and handouts

we have in Thailand some successful business people - then we have those that manipulate the rules for their own gain and throw a few gestures/handouts out here and there to mask their deception - Thaksin being a fine example

Then we have populist schemes like rice pledging - minimum wage - first car scheme - in the west if a government promised everyone a 30% payrise they would be expelled from an election

How much tax payers money do you all think went to corruption out of upwards of 800billion spent - my guess is at least 300b, 50% went to Thaksin and the rest divided up between redshirt leaders, police and other government officials

That is a huge amount of money

all my opinion of course

Dick Turpin wore a mask

Why do you bigoted farangs care so much ? It's not like you actually have a say in how Thailand is Governed and if you hate the PTP so much get out of Thaialnd and do all your moaning and griping in your own Native countries as they're obviously a hell of a lot better run than LOS.

there's no excuse to become so embroiled in something that your not allowed to change so either suck it up and carry on as normal and quit bitching or get onto the next flight out and take your bigoted views with you, some farangs here need to remember your all visitors NOBODY is forcing you to stay, just like me.

Don't like something then give it a wide berth!!!

Why do you one sided Thais care so much??

Why do you come onto TV??

Why don't you just NOT FREQUENT TV and leave us "bigoted farangs" to bitch and moan amongst ourselves...

• Like 1

Why do you bigoted farangs care so much ? It's not like you actually have a say in how Thailand is Governed and if you hate the PTP so much get out of Thaialnd and do all your moaning and griping in your own Native countries as they're obviously a hell of a lot better run than LOS.

there's no excuse to become so embroiled in something that your not allowed to change so either suck it up and carry on as normal and quit bitching or get onto the next flight out and take your bigoted views with you, some farangs here need to remember your all visitors NOBODY is forcing you to stay, just like me.

Don't like something then give it a wide berth!!!

What a totally ridiculous statement. Are we not allowed (under your rules) to have an opinion on the antics that are going on in this country that we have chosen to spend so much time in ? A little more tolerance please :)

Her speech smacks of desperation.

The NACC decision must be worrying for her and the Dubai fugitive.

Ultimately, the idea of an 'alternative government' may be the only answer for the country.

Believe me, she is on her death bed!!!

Well, I do think that Yingluck is totally right in saying that the problems of the farmers are linked with the protests.

First because the government is now in a caretaker role, and then because the EC did not allow the caretaker government to borrow money, and last because Suthep made everything he could to avoid any solution with banks, but at the same time accepting donations for the farmers... to be used in lawsuits against the government unsure.png

Those who don't see the truth are really blind laugh.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We also pray that your sight will return soon.

Remind me why Yingluck is the 'caretaker' prime minister, please?

Isn't it because SHE dissolved the parliament?

Now, why did she do that? After all, as our resident Red Shirt membership keep reminding us, she was the democratically elected leader of the country.

If your first line of defence is democracy and free and fair elections, why give it up?

If she had stayed in power, she could have magically found the funds to pay the farmers, or so she would have people believe.

I truly doubt that the money was there, or ever would have been there. The protests became a welcome scapegoat for the crime that the rice-pledging scheme is.

Yl didnt break up the parliament and quit without thinking she and the ptp would win a second election in a landslide. At that time she held popularity and if i remember correctly could easily get 80% of the votes. This was before all her other scams ( i mean schemes ) came to light. In the time after she quit and began caretaker mode scandals began coming out of the woodwork. Then came their failure to pay the farmers on time (PRIOR TO HER QUITTING AS PM)

The word started spreading to more people and even her base supporters began to question her position.

If you remember the time near the elections A Poll was done again and her popularity had dropped to less than 50%

She and the PTP started getting desperate after that and if i remember correctly the rice scheme became a huge issue. Her supporters retreated even further except for the hardliners and the people who profit with her as PM. Then came her and the PTPs easily seen excuses, illegal attempts to get money to pay the farmers and the outright lies they told. She really believed she could hold fast elections and win in another landslide and ahow the world democracy chose her. It backfired thougj when all the other shiiit hit the fan

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So the Nation have no transcrips of PDRC speakers?

Disgraceful even for sutheps own media. at least it stinks so much that it is generating so much adverse remark on its own site.

You describe Suthep as a fascist hate mongers terrorist. One would expect hate speeches from him.

Not from the caretaker PM.

Her speech distorted the facts, told lies and slandered others by changing the responsibility for the mistakes on others. She also made herself a target by implying that the protesters are the enemy of farmers, the country and democracy and the elected government, he said.

Uhhh, this is not exactly news. Her brother can't spell lose, and she can't spell truth....or anything else, come to think of it.

• Like 1

I bet she didn't understand one word she was reading .... cheesy.gif

Love it clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Aw- ya gotta love public forums- the intellectual depth- the emoticons-- but-- that's democracy - the right to shoot off one's mouth without fear of censor- Let's all enjoy it while it lasts because if the fascists get their way- it might not be around long.

Edited by blaze

"Yingluck is the real disseminator of hate speech, as she made the protesters out as the villains for causing the national crisis and rice farmers problems while branding the government as good," Time Chuastapanasiri told Isara News Agency online.Time Chuastapanasiri told Isara News Agency online.... well glory be... his diatribe is totally spurious, specious and LMAO exactly what he accuses her of.

."Her speech distorted the facts, told lies and slandered others by changing the responsibility for the mistakes on others. She also made herself a target by implying that the protesters are the enemy of farmers, the country and democracy and the elected government," he said.

"Her speech reflected discrimination by conveying the message that those who did not support farmers (in their attempts to get payment from the scheme) are not sympathetic towards the farmers and did not support the government who was helping them."

She also took the protesters hostage by saying that she could not settle the problems because they (the protesters) were blocking her good intention to help the farmers and that the protesters systematically organised the rally to topple the government....

1) disseminator of hate speech Really...? I thought that was the nightly duty of Kuhn Suthep from every stage he stood on...

2) distorted the facts, told lies and slandered others...hmmm.....(see number 1)...

3) "Her speech reflected discrimination... hmmm let's see. .. the rural poor have no idea what is good for them or the country... they should not have the vote..because they are "uneducated"....(see number 1)

Lotta "buzz words in a very short outburst..he really gets an A for loading it up

"She also took the protesters hostage by saying that she could not settle the problems because they (the protesters) were blocking her good intention to help the farmers and that the protesters systematically organised the rally to topple the government."

Lets see.. so the PDRC and associates are not blocking roads, government offices..thru traffic etc etc etc,,, not making threats to kidnap...hound...run out.. and not that the protesters systematically organised the rally to topple the government.???"

gotta love the "buzz words" stokes the hot button... keeps the drive alive...

Of Course the insurrection was not designed to topple the government, even if that has been the hue and cry from day one...

of course SHUT DOWN BANGKOK was not intended to make fellow Bankokians hostages... of the PDRCC and Associates...

Yehaw! Mr Chuastapanasiri ..Pundit Extraordinaire!

What's with all the cute colors? Accenting your views? Looks like a child's coloring book.

Yes and a child would understand the relation to buzz words highlighted... even if you can't...LOLOL ..In case you missed it... that was my point...Cheers!
No actually your original post is just a very good example of what a stupid person thinks an intelligent person sounds like. Depending on the age of the child there's a chance they would have been taught about "Appeal to hypocrisy (tu quoque)" fallacies. An argument is either right or wrong and nothing to with the behavior of the person making it. But you havent even reached this point as it wasn't Suthep making these comments, and there is no prefix to all of them saying "Suthep would be a better leader because...". So you have managed to say absolutely nothing. Edited by taffbkk