Grenade-kicking Thai Policeman in stable condition

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you sign up for police duty, you have to be ready for this. It's a rare thing to read about this type of action by Thai police. Hats off to this cop. They are valuable and perform an important service. What ever happened to that hit and run cop killer on Sukhumvit Thonglor driving that high speed sports car? What happened to the senior police who was attempting to collude with the perpetrator's family. If killing a cop in a hit and run is not taken seriously, Thais and foreigners will lose respect for Thai police.

I agree that policeman is a very brave man, but there is something I don't understand. In the video, there does not seem to be any shrapnel from this grenade. If the grenade had a "fatality radius of 5 meters", why is this brave man not dead, the video camera was not damaged, and only one other policeman was injured? Once again, please don't start the flaming, guns and grenades should have no place on either side of these demonstrations, but I would just like to understand what I saw in the video.

I agree that policeman is a very brave man, but there is something I don't understand. In the video, there does not seem to be any shrapnel from this grenade. If the grenade had a "fatality radius of 5 meters", why is this brave man not dead, the video camera was not damaged, and only one other policeman was injured? Once again, please don't start the flaming, guns and grenades should have no place on either side of these demonstrations, but I would just like to understand what I saw in the video.

It is just the way things work out sometime no rhyme nor reason, luck of the draw, and a few more. Depending how close you are the shock wave alone can kill you by turning your insides to jelly

Edited by moe666

Unfortunately after seeing this article on three separate western news channels and a video HERE TV, I made comment and was accused by a TV member of spreading lies and that it was the police threw the grenade not the protesters, there is video of the incident and you can see the grenade flying through the air, hit the police shield and the attempted kicking of it away, and the boot of the policeman flying backwards towards the rear rank of police, looking at the video you can see the direction the police are facing and the direction of the incoming grenade, so I wonder if the TV Suthep supporters STILL believe that a police rank would have had to be in front of the victim and stand up turn around and throw the grenade into the police rank behind them, or finally accept that so many of the protesters (not all) are most defiantly not "peaceful protesters" as so often proclaimed????????

I also wonder if the TV member has the stones (intestinal fortitude) to apologize for his accusation of me spreading lie's? I think not,

Even Akanat/Suthep has now apologised for making exactly the same claim (that it was a police grenade) and so kudos to them. Therefore I am sure the TV member will be willing to do likewise.

If not, Name and Shame ...

All of this need not happen if politicians weren't so corrupt, greedy and manipulative.

Unfortunately more will become incapacitated and lose their lives unnecessarily because the only thing politicians care about is power.

Edited by smileydude

Unfortunately after seeing this article on three separate western news channels and a video HERE TV, I made comment and was accused by a TV member of spreading lies and that it was the police threw the grenade not the protesters, there is video of the incident and you can see the grenade flying through the air, hit the police shield and the attempted kicking of it away, and the boot of the policeman flying backwards towards the rear rank of police, looking at the video you can see the direction the police are facing and the direction of the incoming grenade, so I wonder if the TV Suthep supporters STILL believe that a police rank would have had to be in front of the victim and stand up turn around and throw the grenade into the police rank behind them, or finally accept that so many of the protesters (not all) are most defiantly not "peaceful protesters" as so often proclaimed????????

I also wonder if the TV member has the stones (intestinal fortitude) to apologize for his accusation of me spreading lie's? I think not,

Even Akanat/Suthep has now apologised for making exactly the same claim (that it was a police grenade) and so kudos to them. Therefore I am sure the TV member will be willing to do likewise.

If not, Name and Shame ...

I love to, but can't find the video in here? not sure if it has been deleted? t

It is just the way things work out sometime no rhyme nor reason, luck of the draw, and a few more. Depending how close you are the shock wave alone can kill you by turning your insides to jelly

Well that explains nothing. His food was almost right on top of the grenade, why were his insides not "turned to jelly", let alone his foot blown off? Once again, no doubt he was a very brave man and I hope somehow he can make a full recovery, but I don't understand what I saw in that video.