Am i dreaming

is this really happening,

i want to travel to Thailand but i'm not going while this is going on,

i want the freedom to travel up and down the country without being

held up or slowed down by protests, inconvenienced is the term,

when is this going to stop

make it soon please

Oh dear, mate. Don't be such a pussy.

You're an Aussie, they're a tough lot, surely a few thousand revolting people won't spoil your trip. Be brave, Thais are a friendly bunch and even in these troubled days, your personal freedom shouldn't be hindered too much.

Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Isaan towns are all quite peaceful. Heck, even Bangkok has free nightly entertainment in several key locations. The BTS is working as well as the MRT.

Thailand awaits your arrival imminently. Come, live life close to the edge.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

In my wife's village, which is 100% red shirt, most have not been paid and have no money to buy supplies for a new crop. Many owe money to illegal money lenders and are in dire straights.

Same for my wife's family. The whole village is in financial dire straights. Nobody there has any money. But STILL they vote for the Shinawatra clan. In the Sunday election a couple of weeks ago my wife was intimidated into voting. She said there would be "problems" if she didn't go back to the village to cast her vote.

Ahhh...post-4641-1156694005.gif Red Democracy at work...

• Like 1

Their convoys of over a hundred of farm trucks caused inbound traffic

2 people per truck that's 200 people.

Latest report said the long convoy of farmers riding in their E-tan and E-tek farm trucks which moved as slowly as 20 kilometers an hour are in In-buri district. Their convoys of over a hundred of farm trucks caused inbound traffic on the Phaholyothin to a standstill as they travel on all lanes.

Conversely 10,000 people in 100 trucks is 100 people per truck.

x1901702_657890830933016_289559540_n.jpg

I think these must be very very small people.

Perhaps they have one driver and 99 people in the seat box?

Where I live the are just now planting a new crop of rice while these farmers and protesting who planting the rice? No wonder their poor.

No....like your name...you have been living under a rock,.....these guys haven't been paid....that is why they are poor !!

• Like 2

It is time to show the government that the farmers are not stupid. The government screwed them so badly.

The criminals got the money. Show them the money. Money talks. I guess the criminals want to keep the money.

The situation is getting worse for the government day after day.

Yingluck is still standing and saying that she is innocent. Her BS joke is not funny anymore.

This is a real embarrassment for Thailand and Thailand people.

• Like 1

Am i dreaming

is this really happening,

i want to travel to Thailand but i'm not going while this is going on,

i want the freedom to travel up and down the country without being

held up or slowed down by protests, inconvenienced is the term,

when is this going to stop

make it soon please

Why are you asking people in ThaiVisa?? Write to Yingluck and ask when she is leaving and payment has been made to the farmers, then you will know when to make travel arrangements

21 posts and no one from the Red farang peanut gallery has said....Its Sutheps fault...he's a fascist you know...

cheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif Agree with ya mate !

Red devils please move to the Middle East, ALL of you! And leave the normal people in Chiang Mai alone !

No....like your name...you have been living under a rock,.....these guys haven't been paid....that is why they are poor !!

Well Suthep raised 10 million baht for farmers, and he has a hundred trucks descending on Bangkok, so that's 100,000 baht per truck?

So why doesn't Suthep give them the money he raised? No? Ah, I forgot, he spent the money on this protest. Silly me.

Well OK, how about these farmers go drive away Sutheps mob from banks like GSB, so that the banks can lend the 15 Billion baht to the BAAC? Then 150,000 farmers can each be paid the 100k just from that loan.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

21 posts and no one from the Red farang peanut gallery has said....Its Sutheps fault...he's a fascist you know...

cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif> clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif> clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif> clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif> Agree with ya mate !

Red devils please move to the Middle East, ALL of you! And leave the normal people in Chiang Mai alone !

And there seems to be alot more Thai people from Chang Mai starting to voice the same feelings, .....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:30am This is what is heading to #Bangkok; 100’s of farmers & their tractors. Now in Ang Thong (Pic @CrDNnews) http://t.co/gulQbf5Soy

xBg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HK0anI

Just a thought if these farmers are so poor and skint whos paying for all the fuel ? tractors are not that fuel efficient and its a long way to bangers and back. im no expert on tractor mpg but its got to be pretty awful and expensive on a round trip.

And why do all the tractors look like they came from exactly the same place or hire firm ?

1. These tractors are pretty standard and standardized. Same manufacturer and probably the same outlet

2. The protesters think it looks better to put those that look the same together at the front. You know, more professional, more serious, more pretty and just riep roi.

3. Some of the money collected by PDRC was specifically allocated to farmers groups to allow them to protest (and legal fees)

Most usually it's supporters of Phua Thai and it's predecessors that accuse the other side of being elitest and derogatory for saying that farmers are paid to vote. Apparently it's becoming OK for supporters of Phua Thai to say that farmers are being paid to protest against them. Any port in a storm it seems.

The best and fastest solution is to seize the asset of Thaksin to pay the farmers, as suggested by Suthep.

Thaksin can be blamed from afar but you can't honestly think he left himself unprotected. It would be very hard to prove he had a hand in this unless his PTP party pointed their fingers at him and alluded to coercion.

However since this rice scheme was corrupt and YL and the PTP not only knew about it but allowed it to happen then they should be the ones to pay out of their pockets.

This won't happen though because the minute it becomes clear how deep the PTPs corruption is in this they will be sitting pretty in the North protected from persecution.

Being the way these forums have been followed I am sure the REDS will come out in force blaming Suthep the same they have always done. This is probably why they are harassing the farmers en-route. However, one day they will see the facts that these farmers didn't get their money before a single protest group showed their faces in BKK.

• Like 1

window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());

English oak

Hire Purchase or HP is an old Brit term for vehicle financing. A farmer can get one of these Kobota as for a few thousand per month. He then hires it out to fellow farmers on an as needed basis for ploughing fields etc.

You are crazy if you think they are daily hired for this protest, that is just not possible in the market place I am aware of.

Im not crazy just clueless about farming and machinery financing is all. Thank you for a decent answer, unlike some other bozos here cheering these guys not getting paid when it suits them I would just like to see them sorted first and argue about the legality on court and hang people after for it. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

So im going to ask another stupid question or two how much you estimate cost to have a 500 or so km round trip ? no ones answered that yet

And second dumb question wouldnt the pick up be far far more cost effective for skint farmers to use than a tractor and a lot more manpower to protest with let alone agile to go from A - B in bkk like weve seen before and just what will a load of tractor achieve more than a shed load of farmers in trucks ?

Don't laugh all you would be plastic farmers im sure theres businesses you wouldnt have a clue about or would be able to cost too. A real farmer would know the costing answer and the reasoning behind this tractor show over the usual trucks without being a smart alec

First point. I should imagine the diesel consumption is comparable to a pick up. Engine size 3L. No doubt contributions for the trip home will be made. And rightly so in my view.

Second point. In my village do some 100 households there are x3 tractors. Probably only x3 pickups, but not owned by farmers. farmer mode of transport in rural Thai is typically to use a jalopy powered my a (rotivator) engine mounted at 90 degrees. These make shift trucks have a max speed of maybe 15 km hr. Other vehicles are the motorised ploughs with trailers using same power unit. No registration, tax, mot or insurance for these vehicles, hence preferred mode of transport. So in answer to that a Kubota is all they have for this type of journey. And as 52 pointed out, they are slow and block the highway nicely.

Hope this answers how it is in my neck of the woods. For the larger scale farmers, they will rely on the smaller guys to help. Every Kobota counts in a commercial operation, hence even the smallest guys are often in the chain so to speak.

The Government has been trying to pay the farmers for months, The EC said they could not borrow money because it would be a carry-over to the next government, but the debt would still carry over to the next government.

Suthep has been putting pressure on the banks not to lend money to pay the farmers, he then led several marches to raise money to pay the farmers and then kept the money.

When the GSB lent money to pay the farmers Suthep organised a small group of people to withdraw money in his heartland of Trang and publisised it as a run on the bank which caused a real run on the bank. So then the GSB had to withdraw the loan.

I feel the rice pledging scheme has been a complete cluster &lt;deleted&gt; but the reasons for the payments (that were already late) now stopping completely can be laid at the door of the protesters rather than the goverment.

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:30am This is what is heading to #Bangkok; 100’s of farmers & their tractors. Now in Ang Thong (Pic @CrDNnews) http://t.co/gulQbf5Soy

Just a thought if these farmers are so poor and skint whos paying for all the fuel ? tractors are not that fuel efficient and its a long way to bangers and back. im no expert on tractor mpg but its got to be pretty awful and expensive on a round trip.

And why do all the tractors look like they came from exactly the same place or hire firm ?

1. These tractors are pretty standard and standardized. Same manufacturer and probably the same outlet

2. The protesters think it looks better to put those that look the same together at the front. You know, more professional, more serious, more pretty and just riep roi.

3. Some of the money collected by PDRC was specifically allocated to farmers groups to allow them to protest (and legal fees)

Most usually it's supporters of Phua Thai and it's predecessors that accuse the other side of being elitest and derogatory for saying that farmers are paid to vote. Apparently it's becoming OK for supporters of Phua Thai to say that farmers are being paid to protest against them. Any port in a storm it seems.

Nation: Tens of thousands of farmers

Richard Barrow: 100's of farmers.

Look, 2 people per tractor, 100 tractors, we're talking 200 people, so Richard Barrow estimate is reasonable.

10000 people in 100 trucks = 100 people per truck and tractor, so Nation are wrong, you couldn't get 100 people in a tractor.

38.2% of Thailand is rural agriculture. i.e. about 26 million people.

200 people = 0.0008% of Thailands rural agricultural population.

So dear Suthep, you raised 20 million baht and organized a protest for farmers, and you got 0.0008% of Thailands rural population to back you.

But worse than Suthep, you want to put 400 people in power with your people's council, but bring a convoy of 200 people as justification!

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

You pretend to know about the countryside, but seemingly you know very little. If you did live rurally you would know that ALL families are planting rice at this time. It is the staple diet. They grow it for their own consumption. No rice, no eat!

The Kubota Army might be heading south, but you can be assured their families are planting!

What is not happening is the commercial planting. The large scale thousands of Rai which should be planted is not, because, why? ....... because the farmers have not been paid. They have no money for seed or feed on a commercial scale.

If you need a more simple explanation please let us know.

window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());

English oak

Hire Purchase or HP is an old Brit term for vehicle financing. A farmer can get one of these Kobota as for a few thousand per month. He then hires it out to fellow farmers on an as needed basis for ploughing fields etc.

You are crazy if you think they are daily hired for this protest, that is just not possible in the market place I am aware of.

Im not crazy just clueless about farming and machinery financing is all. Thank you for a decent answer, unlike some other bozos here cheering these guys not getting paid when it suits them I would just like to see them sorted first and argue about the legality on court and hang people after for it. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

So im going to ask another stupid question or two how much you estimate cost to have a 500 or so km round trip ? no ones answered that yet

And second dumb question wouldnt the pick up be far far more cost effective for skint farmers to use than a tractor and a lot more manpower to protest with let alone agile to go from A - B in bkk like weve seen before and just what will a load of tractor achieve more than a shed load of farmers in trucks ?

Don't laugh all you would be plastic farmers im sure theres businesses you wouldnt have a clue about or would be able to cost too. A real farmer would know the costing answer and the reasoning behind this tractor show over the usual trucks without being a smart alec

First point. I should imagine the diesel consumption is comparable to a pick up. Engine size 3L. No doubt contributions for the trip home will be made. And rightly so in my view.

Second point. In my village do some 100 households there are x3 tractors. Probably only x3 pickups, but not owned by farmers. farmer mode of transport in rural Thai is typically to use a jalopy powered my a (rotivator) engine mounted at 90 degrees. These make shift trucks have a max speed of maybe 15 km hr. Other vehicles are the motorised ploughs with trailers using same power unit. No registration, tax, mot or insurance for these vehicles, hence preferred mode of transport. So in answer to that a Kubota is all they have for this type of journey. And as 52 pointed out, they are slow and block the highway nicely.

Hope this answers how it is in my neck of the woods. For the larger scale farmers, they will rely on the smaller guys to help. Every Kobota counts in a commercial operation, hence even the smallest guys are often in the chain so to speak.

Thank you for the answers thats all i asked for and yup they deserve to be helped on the trip back imo, thumbsup.gif Only one other poster gave the price and consumption so thanks sorry forgot your avatar name the rest of the pointless posters with a bee up their ass can kiss mine tongue.png

• Like 2

Look, 2 people per tractor, 100 tractors, we're talking 200 people, so Richard Barrow estimate is reasonable.

10000 people in 100 trucks = 100 people per truck and tractor, so Nation are wrong, you couldn't get 100 people in a tractor.

So dear Suthep, you raised 20 million baht and organized a protest for farmers, and you got 0.0008% of Thailands rural population to back you.

But worse than Suthep, you want to put 400 people in power with your people's council, but bring a convoy of 200 people as justification!

I wonder how these poor farmers pay for their beautiful tractors?

Bg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg

600x800xBg4_CTGCQAAGaX4.jpg.pagespeed.ic

in Thailand poor people have orange tractors and rich people have green tractors - that is the way Thailand is not strange, if you leave Pattaya you will see all the orange tractors because green tractors are very expensive here

This is just going to drag on and on....

Well, I was thinking of the worst scenario last month....and held off on some international travel plans until I knew for sure there would be no problems. Well, I figured it was never going to get better, nor worse, so I bought tickets for March. Now we got 10,000 slow moving vehicles to block even more roads, creating traffic nightmares.

These people got a justified hair up their &lt;deleted&gt; about not getting paid. I just hope they get something soon. Nobody seems to be happy... Not the farmers, not Sutheps group, not Yingluck and now the Red Shirts got a double pain in the butt problem.

Somethings in the Wind...soon.....hope it is my plane ride !

I wonder how these poor farmers pay for their beautiful tractors?

I wonder how many of his 400 'people's council' would be poor farmers! I'm guessing zero.

Still, the trucks have big horns, and they'll be able to sound really loud. Like a 1000 whistles each.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger