Air purifier plasma vs ionizer

BuffaloRescue

Hi

I just got a hatari HT-ap12 air purifier.

Unfortunately all instructions are in Thai

There are 2 modes. Ionize and Plasma.

Does anyone know the difference?

I live in Chiang Mai, ive had cold symptoms, running nose sneezings. Im thinks its actually some kind or allergic reaction to the air quality here in CM to I bought this unit. Im not sure which setting is for what. Anyone got any ideas?

Have no idea what "plasma" means as have previous model (several) and they were HEPA filter and additional ionizer if wanted. The ionizer will trap very small particles but will also make a bit of a mess on any nearby walls as all is not trapped inside unit and any surface will act as a deposit area and get blackened. But it will clear the air (especially smoke) better.

Have no idea what "plasma" means as have previous model (several) and they were HEPA filter and additional ionizer if wanted. The ionizer will trap very small particles but will also make a bit of a mess on any nearby walls as all is not trapped inside unit and any surface will act as a deposit area and get blackened. But it will clear the air (especially smoke) better.

Thanks

Its got 2 buttons you can either have it set to Plasma, or Ionize bot not both

How often do i need to change the filter? (instructions are in Thai)

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Not sure what kind of filter that unit has but mine has a chart on the front of the filter element with various shades from white to black and black is change - I remove and vac every month to two and change about yearly. Have it running 24/7