NACC defends the probe against PM Yingluck is fair and not done in rush

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why PM YS's request was not reasonable enough? Why it did not reply to caretaker PM before making public the decision to charge her?

Was it corruption charges?

Was the investigation on corruption?

When were the complaint made against former commerce minister Bunsong Teriyaphirom and that of PM YS?

In comparison, why was there no judicial development on cases involving the DEM?

The investigation process raised doubt and fear in the society that it is not neutral, independence and transparent. It therefore violated the constitutional right of the accused and showing injustice to the society. The investigation process therefore were unconstitutional and illegal, showing conflict of interest and abused of power.

These are the issues that PTP and PM YS raised. However, they also mentioned that they will cooperate fully with relevant authorities. It is therefore hope that cases against DEM can also be speed-up.

BTW, criminal cases involving PAD leaders have been postponing for nearly six years while they are still UDD/RS in prison without trial since 2010.

Reform the judiciary first, before national reforms.

aaaah you changed your avatar..well done very grown up...best you get to bangkok and start your campaign .asap..no course you wont,...hahahahahahaw00t.gif

I don't think the NACC is completely free of taking sides, maybe there's even some revenge to the current government involved here.

Here a longread about the NACC http://www.thebigchilli.com/1/post/2014/01/fighting-corruption-in-thailand.html

One of the remarks is this:

“We have about 1,200 people in our organization but we have actually 1,800 positions. We cannot fill them all right now because our budget has been cut by 60 percent this year,” says Dr Sirilaksana. At this point she says the NACC needs “a different way of funding.

“We are independent in every way but the budget still comes from the government and the Parliament, so if we have a hostile Parliament, our budget is in jeopardy.”

Not easy to stay non-biased under these working conditions ... as they see it ...

Oh, never mind. My longwind reply was innappropriate. Much to my dismay sad.png

I don't think the NACC is completely free of taking sides, maybe there's even some revenge to the current government involved here.

Here a longread about the NACC http://www.thebigchilli.com/1/post/2014/01/fighting-corruption-in-thailand.html

We have about 1,200 people in our organization but we have actually 1,800 positions. We cannot fill them all right now because our budget has been cut by 60 percent this year, says Dr Sirilaksana. At this point she says the NACC needs a different way of funding.

We are independent in every way but the budget still comes from the government and the Parliament, so if we have a hostile Parliament, our budget is in jeopardy.

Not easy to stay non-biased under these working conditions ... as they see it ...

A good read and at least there is something happening.

She mentions public officials being removed from office on several occasions...however, there is not too much mention of actual convictions and the punishment offenders receive....but of course there are few people living off shore now awaiting the Statutes of Limitations to expire.

The ones removed from office are probably those that wanted to expose their whole dirty stinking dealings like the young woman about a year or so ago who started to tell the truth and became the subject of a probe. Shinawatra way to silence, bulldoze and remove any honest opinion against them. I hope her case is within the courts within the next few months. The sooner more of them are removed from total control over Thailand the better.

No the not very "young woman" claimed first to a senate committee that there was wholsale corruption through government ministries of the rice pledging scheme but later qualified her remarks that what she had really said was there was the potential for wholsale corruption.

In other words a smear, spin, or outright lie.

Okay, lets say you are right, and this investigation started a year ago. That still does not explain why the investigation of Mark, begun five years ago, is ongoing. Looking at the judicial system in general, we see red shirts in jail for years for petty offences, while the ring leaders of the airport occupation go free, and murder suspects like Suthep are able to delay court appearances because they are busy trying to overthrow the government. Truthfully, do yo actually believe that justice is neutral in this country?

Have to agree with you.

When a government can level trumped up charges at it's opposition to cover up their own corruption and crimes it most assuredly is not neutral. I believe that a lot of the red shirts who were let out on bail had the bail paid by the Democratic government. The same as they had to pay the way home for the red shirts from the 2010 failed coup.

Funny how the Democrats care more for the red shirts than the red shirts do. When they were following his wishes Thaksin paid them. When they were jailed Thaksin had never heard of them.

• Like 1

We have about 1,200 people in our organization but we have actually 1,800 positions. We cannot fill them all right now because our budget has been cut by 60 percent this year, says Dr Sirilaksana. At this point she says the NACC needs a different way of funding.

We are independent in every way but the budget still comes from the government and the Parliament, so if we have a hostile Parliament, our budget is in jeopardy.

A good read and at least there is something happening.

She mentions public officials being removed from office on several occasions...however, there is not too much mention of actual convictions and the punishment offenders receive....but of course there are few people living off shore now awaiting the Statutes of Limitations to expire.

The ones removed from office are probably those that wanted to expose their whole dirty stinking dealings like the young woman about a year or so ago who started to tell the truth and became the subject of a probe. Shinawatra way to silence, bulldoze and remove any honest opinion against them. I hope her case is within the courts within the next few months. The sooner more of them are removed from total control over Thailand the better.

No the not very "young woman" claimed first to a senate committee that there was wholsale corruption through government ministries of the rice pledging scheme but later qualified her remarks that what she had really said was there was the potential for wholsale corruption.

In other words a smear, spin, or outright lie.

"In other words a smear, spin, or outright lie."

Or a smear, spin, or outright lie to cover up reality.wai.gif

• Like 1

And how is Suthep's 2010 murder charges coming along? Oh, I forgot he's busy running an insurrection, something that Yingluck cannot claim.

The courts are probably waiting to combine PM Yingluck's murder charges with Suthep's charges.

• Like 2

How many other Democratic legal systems have ever taken a 21 day investigation of such a high profile government official , even if they felt that had the facts to convict. they cover every angle to assure a conviction, that not one stone was left unturned , a 21 day investigation after official charges were filed, if definitely a double standard, as they have been investigating Abhisit corruption case since 2011, DOUble standard , politically motivated!!

Cheers

you really need to learn to read mate, the investigation has been been ongoing for over a year but then that doesnt suit your bias so you ignore that and quote yl's ditzy figures. The fact that yl and the ptp were so convinced they could do as they pleased, the corruption was on show for all to see from the start because they have no respect for the law the didnt care and thought themsleves untouchable, trouble is these people were working in the background gathering evidence the whole time. Now they are presenting it, all of the ptp/reds and their fan club are getting their noses out of joint because it shows the truth about them so they try to rubbish them, pity some people cant admit they are wrong but then what can we expect from the ptp/reds, they dont know how to be honest or would know the truth if it bit them on the bum.

I did not bother to read all your post, "pure rubbish", An official charge was filed 21 days before the announced decision. Why would the NACC be investigating Yingluck a year ago and not investigate the corruption charges against Abhisit that has (5) corruption charges pending since 2011. Clearly a case of Double standards!

What are the corruption charges against the democrats that have been going for 5 years?

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

Looks like some of the impartial Senior members of the NACC don't worry too much about being photographed!. Talk on the wires is of their Senior corruption advised enjoying a few nights out with her impartial friends.

All do very tastefully and without altering their work on bringing the Gov down.

1897771_10152229448196154_1479002396_n.j

Edited by Patpending
  • Like 1

Looks like some of the impartial Senior members of the NACC don't worry too much about being photographed!. Talk on the wires is of their Senior corruption advised enjoying a few nights out with her impartial friends.

All do very tastefully and without altering their work on bringing the Gov down.

<snipped pic>

What are you going on about?

• Like 1

How many other Democratic legal systems have ever taken a 21 day investigation of such a high profile government official , even if they felt that had the facts to convict. they cover every angle to assure a conviction, that not one stone was left unturned , a 21 day investigation after official charges were filed, if definitely a double standard, as they have been investigating Abhisit corruption case since 2011, DOUble standard , politically motivated!!

Cheers

You clearly cannot understand the written word

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<snipped pic>

If you knew who they are in the pic, you would know.

I thought there was some need of an IQ to get a computer fired up, join a forum and start posting. My, how wrong I was. Computers must be so easy to use these days.

Maybe best bury your head in Nation and Bluesky reports. Don't whatever you do, read twitter or FB ... you'll not like it.

For the people asking for a link, much is in thai and we can't post from there, so do your own research!!!

<snipped pic>

I thought there was some need of an IQ to get a computer fired up, join a forum and start posting. My, how wrong I was. Computers must be so easy to use these days.

Maybe best bury your head in Nation and Bluesky reports. Don't whatever you do, read twitter or FB ... you'll not like it.

For the people asking for a link, much is in thai and we can't post from there, so do your own research!!!

Again pipkins, who is "we"?

• Like 2

<snipped pic>

"I thought there was some need of an IQ to get a computer fired up, join a forum and start posting. My, how wrong I was. Computers must be so easy to use these days."

Yes. As you are clearly showing.

Who are the people in the clip? Who are they with?

<snipped pic>

Usual amount of thought goes into yet another post. No wonder the post count is high on here.

Well done. 5 words all of your own.

Luckily all the thais keep abreast of what court members get up to outside of ruling against the GOV!!!

Pictures speak much louder than word this coup and even the Nation was left on the sidelies last week, writing about Social Media junkies in thailand pouring over pics and anylysing what is going on.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706150-social-media-users-dig-for-facts-report-on-political-events/

Link for that as it was on here. If you chose not to take part in serious debate.... your choice.

Don't like what you see. Don't look...

Edited by Patpending

Usual amount of thought goes into yet another post. No wonder the post count is high on here.

Well done. 5 words all of your own.

Luckily all the thais keep abreast of what court members get up to outside of ruling against the GOV!!!

Pictures speak much louder than word this coup and even the Nation was left on the sidelies last week, writing about Social Media junkies in thailand pouring over pics and anylysing what is going on.

Don't like what you see. Don't look...

Pipkins, who is "we"?

“We have about 1,200 people in our organization but we have actually 1,800 positions. We cannot fill them all right now because our budget has been cut by 60 percent this year,” says Dr Sirilaksana. At this point she says the NACC needs “a different way of funding.

“We are independent in every way but the budget still comes from the government and the Parliament, so if we have a hostile Parliament, our budget is in jeopardy.”

You assume (or at least imply) hostility because funding was cut. What can you assume about a government that announces a major anti-corruption campaign and then cuts funding to the independent anti-corruption agencies?

So we agree ...

Yes I think we do............. the NACC want to stop corruption. PTP announce they will fight corruption with much publicity whilst their actions undermine the fight against corruption. The government only want to stop their opponents from benefiting from corruption as they are above the law themselves.

You assume (or at least imply) hostility because funding was cut. What can you assume about a government that announces a major anti-corruption campaign and then cuts funding to the independent anti-corruption agencies?

Do you really think that there is no bias? your hero Suthep has not answered allegations against him from 1995, and errr, wait a sec, Suthep keeps skipping court date after court date, saying he is to busy now, so just when will he get the same NON bias rush through treatment?blink.png

and your other hero Mark was labeled by Human Rights Watch "the most prolific censor in resent Thai history". and I wonder just how long before he acquitted of any wrong doing for the 2010 murders'?

even the CC say's protesters are peaceful and have no weapons, cheesy.gif absolutely the judicial system is going to have something to answer for, why do you think wreaths are being placed in front of court house???

but who is watching the watchers???

Do you really think that there is no bias? your hero Suthep has not answered allegations against him from 1995, and errr, wait a sec, Suthep keeps skipping court date after court date, saying he is to busy now, so just when will he get the same NON bias rush through treatment?blink.png

and your other hero Mark was labeled by Human Rights Watch "the most prolific censor in resent Thai history". and I wonder just how long before he acquitted of any wrong doing for the 2010 murders'?

even the CC say's protesters are peaceful and have no weapons, cheesy.gif absolutely the judicial system is going to have something to answer for, why do you think wreaths are being placed in front of court house???

but who is watching the watchers???

If you answer my reasonable question in an attempt to start conversation, I will consider your less reasonable tirade and strawman arguments. For openers, the NACC is not a court, it is an investigative body that has absolutely nothing to do with the murder charges brought against Suthep and Abhisit, both charged as private citizens.

What can you assume about a government that announces a major anti-corruption campaign and then cuts funding to the independent anti-corruption agencies?

Edited by JRSoul

<snipped pic>

He doesn't have a clue. He is new 5days and 114 posts.

Cheers

Don't you read the articles, or just have a preconceived opinion against anyone or anything that does not toe the government / red shirt line. The whole family are corrupt criminals. and it is going to be a great day when they are eradicated from Thailand.

<snipped pic>

Oh! you big bullies, I can see that you girls all stick together.

Can someone post links to Abhisits (5) corruption allegations please.. (preferably kikoman as he mentioned them)Thanks

His offences were well documented during the red witchhunt against him when he was supposed to grasp the Thaksin amnesty. So far as I remember, he took a holiday in the Maldives during Yingluck's Great Flood. He had some sort of clerical error on his boy scouts paperwork(although there was never any suggestion that he did not attend the scouts). He was naughty enough to be born abroad to working class Thai parents(although there was never any suggestion that he claimed the British citizenship that he would have been entitled to).

See he is just as bad as Thaksin, well that is minus the stolen billions, preposterous lies, thousands of deaths, and division of a sovereign nation.

• Like 2

Can someone post links to Abhisits (5) corruption allegations please.. (preferably kikoman as he mentioned them)Thanks

This quote is the only corruption allegation that I have been able to find so far.

Abhisit and Suthep to face corruption charges

According to The Nation, former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his former deputy Suthep Thaugsuban are likely to face charges for having “violated laws in awarding contracts to build 396 police stations…”. The Department of Special Investigation alleges that the two “violated Article 157 of the Criminal Code covering officials who wrongfully exercise or do not exercise their functions…”. Suthep is also accused of “violating the same article, as well as Articles 11, 12 and 13 of the Bidding Price Collusion Act.”

"DSI investigators say that Abhisit and Suthep took bids from only one firm to award the “contract for the entire project instead of observing the Cabinet resolution of Somchai Wongsawat’s government that called for separate bids in each of the nine police regions.”

DSI has submitted the case to the National Anti-Corruption Commission for further action."

http://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/abhisit-and-suthep-to-face-corruption-charges/

"the Department of Special Investigation has decided that then Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy Suthep Thaugsuban “violated a Cabinet resolution on the project to construct new police station buildings…”. The report notes that the “project has become mired in scandal because to date, not a single building has been completed since the construction contract was signed in 2011.” The allegation against the two is that “the Cabinet resolution that required the project to be divided by zone and offered to the successful bidders for each zone…. Instead, just one bidder was selected…"

http://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/a-generals-unusual-wealth-and-other-corruption/?relatedposts_exclude=29513

And how is Suthep's 2010 murder charges coming along? Oh, I forgot he's busy running an insurrection, something that Yingluck cannot claim.

And what has that got to do with the topic?

Absolutely nothing other than a very poor try at obfuscation and topic changing.

I wa bored which is the only reason I read it.

If you chose not to take part in serious debate....

Serious Debate? A debate takes two to communicate. I'm not sure if you understand what communication is? Maybe YOU should look elsewhere as you infer, you are much smarter than the average TV poster.

This quote is the only corruption allegation that I have been able to find so far.

Abhisit and Suthep to face corruption charges

According to The Nation, former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his former deputy Suthep Thaugsuban are likely to face charges for having “violated laws in awarding contracts to build 396 police stations…”. The Department of Special Investigation alleges that the two “violated Article 157 of the Criminal Code covering officials who wrongfully exercise or do not exercise their functions…”. Suthep is also accused of “violating the same article, as well as Articles 11, 12 and 13 of the Bidding Price Collusion Act.”

"DSI investigators say that Abhisit and Suthep took bids from only one firm to award the “contract for the entire project instead of observing the Cabinet resolution of Somchai Wongsawat’s government that called for separate bids in each of the nine police regions.”

DSI has submitted the case to the National Anti-Corruption Commission for further action."

http://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/abhisit-and-suthep-to-face-corruption-charges/

"the Department of Special Investigation has decided that then Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy Suthep Thaugsuban “violated a Cabinet resolution on the project to construct new police station buildings…”. The report notes that the “project has become mired in scandal because to date, not a single building has been completed since the construction contract was signed in 2011.” The allegation against the two is that “the Cabinet resolution that required the project to be divided by zone and offered to the successful bidders for each zone…. Instead, just one bidder was selected…"

http://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/a-generals-unusual-wealth-and-other-corruption/?relatedposts_exclude=29513

Wasn't the 'one contractor' recommended by the police committee of experts that was tasked with the job of sorting out the contract ?

And then the contract was extended 3 times by...........PT

We will see if it ever gets to court for it seems when Tarit got into the investigation it was suddenly forgotten, could it be that the (truth), evidence was pointing the wrong way.

<snipped pic>

And now banned.