• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1), March on Bangkok to threaten Yingluk

If that fails

2) Try to stop the government working using your corrupt cronies of the state

If that fails

3) Block the elections, try to cause an electoral crisis

If that fails

4) Forment violence, and demand the military step in to take over.

This is where we are now. Notice that none of these options including "convince Thailand we can do a better job and get elected".

I say again, look at Anonymous Army's facebook page. This is military men, and their facebook page was created July 26th way before the political campaign began.

There was never going to be an attempt to win voters over, it was always a front for military intervention, and now PDRC are reduced to trying to stir up a civil war, in the hopes of stirring up enough violence to get their military coup partners into power.

• Like 1

The fascinating thing about the Pheu Thai spokesman's statement is that all four of the points that he points out - each and every one of them - is completely valid, legal, and constitutional :

1. If Yingluck is indicted on corruption by the NACC over the rice scandal, she would be removed from office. That's constitutional.

2. If cabinet ministers are indicted on corruption by the NACC over the rice scandal, they would be removed from office. That's constitutional.

3. Indeed, it is stipulated by law that a government must be formed 30 days after an election. As there will be no government formed by March 4, the government will be removed from office. That is constitutional.

4. If the Constitutional Court deems that the actions of 308 MPs and Senators to amend the constitution was unconstitutional, they will be removed from office. That is also constitutional.

So the real question is - why has it taken Pheu Thai so long to realize all this ?

Possibly because the people who run PT are primarily 'businessmen' not politicians?

The fascinating thing about the Pheu Thai spokesman's statement is that all four of the points that he points out - each and every one of them - is completely valid, legal, and constitutional :

1. If Yingluck is indicted on corruption by the NACC over the rice scandal, she would be removed from office. That's constitutional.

2. If cabinet ministers are indicted on corruption by the NACC over the rice scandal, they would be removed from office. That's constitutional.

3. Indeed, it is stipulated by law that a government must be formed 30 days after an election. As there will be no government formed by March 4, the government will be removed from office. That is constitutional.

4. If the Constitutional Court deems that the actions of 308 MPs and Senators to amend the constitution was unconstitutional, they will be removed from office. That is also constitutional.

So the real question is - why has it taken Pheu Thai so long to realize all this ?

You forget the old adage, the winners right the rules and the history, which is why we are where we are now.

This has a long way to go and under any system it looks likely the laws will change to some extent. IF suthep hangs on for all or nothing win, and loses..... little of the above will matter on iota

• Like 1

But Anusorn Iamsa-ard, deputy spokesperson for the Pheu Thai Party, warned that such a move would create a political vacuum - and lead to a violent confrontation between supporters of both sides.

How can the Anti corruption court ignore the mess that Yingluck has made? How can the Constitutional court ignore the the amnesty bill, and the unconstitutional move by the Election commission to allow voting on more than one day? If the election was allowed to continue the loser would surely appeal. I don't think that the Democrats should have boycotted the election, but it's done. Now the courts clearly have a duty to uphold the law and the constitution, if they fail to do so, what then? I wouldn't want to live in a place where the courts ignore the law.

Winning a free election doesn't figure in the plan at any point then? Expect the usual comments about PTP voters being buffaloes and too ill-educated and stupid to see where their own interests lie. But in reality they're no more ill-educated or stupid than some of the western posters on these threads who can't see that what's happening here is an attempt to turn the clock back to Thailand being ruled by a self-appointed oligarchy.

• Like 1

Akarat Prompan is as great a liar as is Suthep, since day one of the protest they have heaped scorn on the un-educated, un-washed, ignorant masses that voted for PTP, as has this forum they have preached hate that has only been outdone by Hitler preaching hatred against the Jews!

PDRC and its backers are extremely stupid if they believe a court "judicial coup" to oust Yingluck will not end in a violent confrontation between both groups and will result in the break up of Thailand, the Democratic North and the Fascist South!

Another "judicial Coup" will be the beginning of the end for Thailand as we know it!

The "ONLY" way out is a free election (under International observers) that allows the people the final say in who they, choose to rule Thailand, who ever wins, which ever side, I personally as well as the majority of Thai's will accept!

Cheers

unless you got a vote you and the rest of us have no choice but to accept it..but you can leave,

• Like 1

But Anusorn Iamsa-ard, deputy spokesperson for the Pheu Thai Party, warned that such a move would create a political vacuum - and lead to a violent confrontation between supporters of both sides.

How can the Anti corruption court ignore the mess that Yingluck has made? How can the Constitutional court ignore the the amnesty bill, and the unconstitutional move by the Election commission to allow voting on more than one day? If the election was allowed to continue the loser would surely appeal. I don't think that the Democrats should have boycotted the election, but it's done. Now the courts clearly have a duty to uphold the law and the constitution, if they fail to do so, what then? I wouldn't want to live in a place where the courts ignore the law.

How can the NACC ignore Sutheps claims of corruption, simple they're not true, the NACC isn't even claiming Yingluk did corruption, it's claiming negligence in failing to stop corruption. So the next question is what corruption are they referring to? Because so far they have an allegation of small scale corruption (0.02% of rice production). So claiming negligence is political, clearly also from the timing. Suthep is really talking up the rice scheme corruption, but that's what politicians do when they want power.

How can the Constitutional court ignore the amnesty bill?? That's not even a claim anyone has made, is it? If amnesty bills are unconstitutional then how did democrats pass them in the past?!

Elections are usually cleaned up in multiple chunks, even the last one, the CC already ruled it constitutional. Section 236 deals with these post election by-elections.

I don't think the democrats should have boycotted the elections either, but for me the key day was when he CC bent over backwards to give them a second chance. Yingluk said OK, but Abhisit wouldn't join a new election and Suthep refused to stop protests. So CC's offer was thrown back in its face, and Abhisit should have accepted CC's offer, because Yingluk did!

[Added, really Abhisit is the real disappointment, Suthep cannot stop because he's burned all his bridges, but Abhisit hasn't. But they're so hell bent on coup vs democracy strategy that the only way out for them now is a coup]

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Akarat Prompan is as great a liar as is Suthep, since day one of the protest they have heaped scorn on the un-educated, un-washed, ignorant masses that voted for PTP, as has this forum they have preached hate that has only been outdone by Hitler preaching hatred against the Jews!

PDRC and its backers are extremely stupid if they believe a court "judicial coup" to oust Yingluck will not end in a violent confrontation between both groups and will result in the break up of Thailand, the Democratic North and the Fascist South!

Another "judicial Coup" will be the beginning of the end for Thailand as we know it!

The "ONLY" way out is a free election (under International observers) that allows the people the final say in who they, choose to rule Thailand, who ever wins, which ever side, I personally as well as the majority of Thai's will accept!

Cheers

You believe North Korea is a democracy ? And South fascist ?

In almost every post you make you use the word fascist. Hope you know what it means.

Anyway if Thailand does break up in a North and South I'll be very happy to keep living in the South and I really, really hope you will be up North.

To paraphrase Country Joe song: "And it's 1,2,3 what are we fighting 4? Don't ask me. I don't give a damn. Split the country like VIetnam. And it's 5,6,7 open up the anarchy gates. Ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die..." Perhaps they should go to insane asylum to find the "neutral parties" that could run the place after the matter and anti-matter are done with their mutual annihilation....

Suthep said "the PDRC had a two-step plan: after the Thaksin regime is overthrown...." But the Court said the PDRC is not engaged in the overthrow of the government. How could it be so wrong? Maybe the Court had a mass hearing problem and thought the PDRC was engaged in making the government throw-up.

• Like 1

How about the PDRC give us their 4 point solution for Government and reform if YS resigns.

After Yingluck is gone, it won't be up to the PDRC.

Suthep may be allowed to participate, but he won't be driving the bus.

Suthep isn't driving his bus now, he's a mouthpiece, a puppet, of larger darker forces. Sure he'd do well out of any takeover but given his violent past, even before 2010, he's more likely to involved in the bloody revenge "cleansing" that he's already threatened repeatedly.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

1), March on Bangkok to threaten Yingluk

If that fails

2) Try to stop the government working using your corrupt cronies of the state

If that fails

3) Block the elections, try to cause an electoral crisis

If that fails

4) Forment violence, and demand the military step in to take over.

This is where we are now. Notice that none of these options including "convince Thailand we can do a better job and get elected".

I say again, look at Anonymous Army's facebook page. This is military men, and their facebook page was created July 26th way before the political campaign began.

There was never going to be an attempt to win voters over, it was always a front for military intervention, and now PDRC are reduced to trying to stir up a civil war, in the hopes of stirring up enough violence to get their military coup partners into power.

Anyone looking for a civil war is going to be disappointed, but shed enough blood and military intervention becomes inevitable (anyone hoping that will lead to a "peoples council" is also going to be disappointed).

Putting PDRC and red shirts in close proximity is a stupid idea on every level. I very much doubt the government will allow it, having the red shirts on a leash as they do. If it happens it will be a sign of desperation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I only have one question about all this with suthep and his band of thugs. If I get red lined for asking then so be it. Here we go - WHEN are the people in Bangkok going to wake up and smell the roses or dog shirt about suthep?

They know. He's never been highly regarded. It's a case of some things smell worse than others.

Cheers

It might come as a shock Kiko, nobody, least of all the Thais, cares what you will personally accept.

• Like 1

How about the PDRC give us their 4 point solution for Government and reform if YS resigns.

After Yingluck is gone, it won't be up to the PDRC.

Suthep may be allowed to participate, but he won't be driving the bus.

Suthep isn't driving his bus now, he's a mouthpiece, a puppet, of larger darker forces. Sure he'd do well out of any takeover but given his violent past, even before 2010, he's more likely to involved in the bloody revenge "cleansing" that he's already threatened repeatedly.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Suthep is a puppet? How about the PM :D Edited by Crushdepth

PDRC spokesman Akanat Promphan denied that the protest movement had any such plan to oust the Yingluck administration. He said such talk was just created by Pheu Thai Party in order to try to mobilise red shirts to defend them and the 'Thaksin Shinawatra regime'.

He said what the PDRC was doing now was an attempt to recall power from a tyrannical administration, which is corrupt.

Akanat said the PDRC had a two-step plan: after the Thaksin regime is overthrown and power returned to the people, it would launch a national reform process and allow everyone to equally participate.

Akanat called on red shirts to join the PDRC in ousting the government and insisted that PDRC was not fighting against red shirts - only the Thaksin regime. He said the red-shirt movement had been exploited by the Thaksin regime just like rice farmers.

Is it just me or is this guy contradicting himself?

Suthep said "the PDRC had a two-step plan: after the Thaksin regime is overthrown...." But the Court said the PDRC is not engaged in the overthrow of the government. How could it be so wrong? Maybe the Court had a mass hearing problem and thought the PDRC was engaged in making the government throw-up.

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it looks like you mean the Thaksin regime and the government is the same thing.

Else your comment doesn't make sense.

I don't understand if they are one and the same, since as far as I know, Thaksin is not in the government and not even in the country.

Cheers

It might come as a shock Kiko, nobody, least of all the Thais, cares what you will personally accept.

Muddy, it may come as a shock to you but I could care less of what any yellow thinks, or what gets their panties in a bunch.

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it looks like you mean the Thaksin regime and the government is the same thing.

Else your comment doesn't make sense.

I don't understand if they are one and the same, since as far as I know, Thaksin is not in the government and not even in the country.

Yeh, Thaksin's gone, I'm sure he chats to Yingluk occassionally, but then so did Bush Senior talk to Bush junior.

It's easier to demonize Thaksin than Yingluk, cos she's actually likeable, comes across as more sincere. Thaksin was their last successful coup, so it helps to focus people's minds on Thaksin if you want to try for a coup.

I just checked his Facebook page, first time for everything, there are 50+ fake Thaksins, but I think this is the official one:

Looks like a man in retirement, Venice holiday, reading up on plate tectonics, a bit of IMF and so on, but I can't imagine he'd ever come live in Thailand again, let alone be PM again. For what? He seems to well settled abroad.

I wonder if Suthep really believes he's ousting Thaksin?

• Like 1

How can the NACC ignore Sutheps claims of corruption, simple they're not true, the NACC isn't even claiming Yingluk did corruption, it's claiming negligence in failing to stop corruption. So the next question is what corruption are they referring to? Because so far they have an allegation of small scale corruption (0.02% of rice production). So claiming negligence is political, clearly also from the timing. Suthep is really talking up the rice scheme corruption, but that's what politicians do when they want power.

How can the Constitutional court ignore the amnesty bill?? That's not even a claim anyone has made, is it? If amnesty bills are unconstitutional then how did democrats pass them in the past?!

Elections are usually cleaned up in multiple chunks, even the last one, the CC already ruled it constitutional. Section 236 deals with these post election by-elections.

I don't think the democrats should have boycotted the elections either, but for me the key day was when he CC bent over backwards to give them a second chance. Yingluk said OK, but Abhisit wouldn't join a new election and Suthep refused to stop protests. So CC's offer was thrown back in its face, and Abhisit should have accepted CC's offer, because Yingluk did!

[Added, really Abhisit is the real disappointment, Suthep cannot stop because he's burned all his bridges, but Abhisit hasn't. But they're so hell bent on coup vs democracy strategy that the only way out for them now is a coup]

Could not agree with you more!

Anti-government supporters keep throwing around a figure of billions of baht "disappeared" another Suthep lie. The charge by the NACC is negligence, Yingluck is the PM, not the program director!

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers

un-educated, un-washed, ignorant masses that voted for PTP??? For God's sake man, just watch Red TV for five minutes!!!

and BlueSky!!! mindless morons on there