HomePro - customer service report

kaptainrob

HomePro Hang Dong has long been our go-to store for friendly service and good deals. We always cross-check competitor pricing or specials and usually end up with a HomePro purchase. LED TV and furniture among our early purchases.

Customer liaison re delivery always spot-on. Staff polite and helpful. Stores clean and dust free.

Competitors in Chiang Mai include Global House, Home Sukkapan and Baan&Beyond - but if there's one Thai company which truly emulates International retail standards it is ... HomePro.

We recently had an 'over-sold promo/can't supply goods paid for' issue with HomePro on Samsung goods worth ~30,000Bt. I will not go into specifics, but let's just say that a certain senior staff member gave us a 'money-back/choose again' option which was pretty poor considering the original deal [paid for] of some 40 days earlier.

We complained in person, to Khun Mix, HomePro's Hang Dong branch Customer Service Manager. She speaks excellent English. An offer of replacement goods, new models, worth considerably more, was made and subsequently verified by H/O and Samsung.

HomePro has a truly International standard of customer service. And for those who didn't already know it, LHBank + Land and House Group are part of the same company.

HomePro has a truly International standard of customer service.

.....which I in part define as 'Return for Refund' if not "fully satisfied"..... do they have such policy?.....for the most part in Thailand "refund" has a none existent translation. Thanks for the HP pitch though,I always considered them more of a 'boutique' style hardware store, a place somebodies wife would likely shop at.

As a building contractor, it would be nice if they opened before 10 AM. As I usually go by myself, I have trouble communicating what I need, but that is no different than say Global House, where they scatter away after greeting me and then finding out that I speak little Thai.

HomePro has a truly International standard of customer service.

.....which I in part define as 'Return for Refund' if not "fully satisfied"..... do they have such policy?.....for the most part in Thailand "refund" has a none existent translation. Thanks for the HP pitch though,I always considered them more of a 'boutique' style hardware store, a place somebodies wife would likely shop at.
. If you have the receipt. Shopping at Home Depot in the U.S., they take an item back for any reason. If you don't have the receipt, they issue a full credit to use at any Home Depot. I don't think that you will find that service anywheres in Thailand.

As a building contractor, it would be nice if they opened before 10 AM. As I usually go by myself, I have trouble communicating what I need, but that is no different than say Global House, where they scatter away after greeting me and then finding out that I speak little Thai.

555 yes, the late opening can be a pain although I plan ahead and stock up the evening before. For general hardware/building supplies Global has a better range ... tho finding useful assistance from any of the 100's of staff can be a big turn off.

A few baht more on small purchases; hinges, screws etc is more enjoyably spent at HomePro. I guess the Group buying power is boosted by Land & House development fit-out, especially in larger housewares, furnishing and electrical items.

A helpful review.

I bought a few of the fast tech shelves there a month or so back but they had run out of one size.

Decided to go to Thai Watsadu and great they had one, I think around 1200bt.

Got it home and realised it was a slightly different shade to the home pro ones.....so ok my fault for not noting the colour in thai.

Next morning back to TW with shelf to politely ask for money back as I bought wrong shelf.

I was asked to swap...but they don't have the one I need, I asked for money back....oh no you can have vouchers.

I pointed out a sign saying money back but she said yes if you bring it back the same day.

The usual, let's find someone else to deal with farang, same story from next person. Well I told them I am going to stand at this counter until you refund my 1200bt so I suggest you get the manager.

Manager came, said my bit as well as "I am surprised you don't recognise me as I am one of your 10 customers."

A nod and a wink to the cashier and the money was refunded.

A lot of hassle that has turned me away from that place.

Now they have 9 customers left,

Good luck to them they will need it.

I have also had generally good experiences with HomePro at Pattaya Klang in the Big C Shopping Centre. We arrived in Pattaya last September and have been fitting out our property ever since (....in Thai time... according to my wife... ;o)> ).

The store is well laid out with plenty of staff and always easy to get service and find what you are looking for (if it's in stock). We have purchased a lot from HomePro and the staff there have always been very helpful. As could be expected I guess they know us now and we get excellent treatment when we enter the store.

On a slight downside, we too, had an issue and on two delivery occassions of the same cabinet item from one of their suppliers it was damaged.

We didn't accept delivery and returned the goods both times and 2nd time around cancelled the order through HomePro.

When we went back to the store they give us a massive credit and we didn't have to return the fridge we got as part of a promotion! We are currently waiting on delivery of a kitchen bench and wall cupboard from them which is due tomorrow. Different supplier this time!

The only complaint I could make is that HomePro sometimes have communications issues with their suppliers and on one occassion forgot to change a delivery date. Generally though, we're very happy.

Edited by avander

Must say Home Pro Hua Hin also has it right when it comes to service.

Bought a Mitsubishi fridge from there way came back Hua Hin after 3 months away fridge not working! Called Home Pro next day it was collected by someone from Bangkok, we got a phone callthe following week to saythe piping inside was corroded through and it would be 13000bht to repair as it was 5 weeks out of guarantee. After speaking to the Home Pro manager it was repaired and delivered back no charge and a further 12months guarantee as Home Pro pointed out the pipeing was obviously faulty.

I would definately recomend them, I also find S&B furniture to be the same. You get what you pay for

Have to agree with Rob.

We have bought so much there and have always found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. We bought most of the materials for two renovations,along with a 3D TV, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Lighting.... the list goes on and on. When you have the odd glitch with something or other, they don't give you the run-around or the blank-stare, they set about fixing it, even if it isn't their fault.

An imported Gas Stove (oven & stove-top burners) had a minor problem but was well out of warranty. Home-Pro sent someone around who fixed it in a flash and made my wife a very "happy soul" when he told her the stove looked like new.

Global is sort of okay, but as you pointed out, the floor-staff tend to try and avoid having to deal with the "dreaded farang." Give me Home-pro any day!

Funny to see this posted now as we were just there yesterday too.

Bought a shelf unit & I did mention to my wife I thought the service there was excellent.

Much better than any other Home Pro or home improvement shop.

We had good service from no less than 3 helpers.

+1 on Home Pro HangDong being a good shop

18 months ago we filled out one of the HomePro 'review/suggestion' forms which stand near the checkouts. We praised one check-out girl, Ratchanida, who not only speaks passable English but is ever so polite ... can spot a regular customer from 50m, and wai's. Her check-out would often have a queue of 3 or 4 whilst adjacent ones were empty ... She's now a Supervisor.

Returns for credit or exchange are no problem although I think there's a 7 day time limit with original docket ... could be wrong, never thought about it and have never been refused.

Some thigns can be very competitive.

I did have an air con installed some years ago though by my air guy (bought from his trade supplier) which would have cost me a huge amount extra at Homepro ...I mean like 7000....so be careful out there.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Must just be me but I hate Home Pro. Followed around the store by hordes of assistants who get under your feet all the time and wont go away. I only ever go to Home Pro if I am really really desperate.

Your reasoned argument applies to every diy store, every small shop, beer bar....infact apart from 7-Eleven and the banks there if no where to escape assistants under your feet.

Maybe the 7-Eleven is where you are truly at peace......but knack all to do with home pro.

In Chiang Mai, I have never had a problem saying I do not need help to the staff, but it is my understanding that a commission attaches to a sale in some --- say, appliances --- if not all cases, so if a sales assistant does spend some time with you, you then go to another shop to comparison shop, and subsequently return to HP to buy, then I hope you have the original sales assistant's name and seek him or her out.

Generally speaking, over many years I, too, have been quite happy with Home Pro. My only "complaint" is about the value of their bonus stamps. You need to buy something equivalent in price to a Maserati or about ten Volkswagons over time in order to get much of a bonus.

Installation service, when needed, has also always been done well and on timely basis.

Edited by Mapguy

Perhaps a timely reminder re 'sales staff'.... not all are [generic] shop staff. Like most big retailers in Th, it's common the have [branded] company reps in-store to promote their goods. Look at their uniform for clues.

SiamTV is obvious with it's 'branded reps', other retailers not so, especially Central/Robinsons/Baan&Beyond and even HomePro.

Since you guys are talking about HomePro - I recommend the shopper's card. For years we have shopped in HomePro and a couple of years ago my wife suggested we get the Shop Card. Over the last 2 years I have saved quite a bit of money on large goods purchases. In the last couple of months we have bought 3 TV's and 2 washing machine (we have a number of rental units) and even with the displayed discounts we were offered even more. Front loading machine 1,100 baht extra discount, top loader 650 baht extra discount, TV's about 500 baht extra discount.

Anyhow my point is - get that shopper card.

Have to add my 2 satang worth...... We have always has great service from Home Pro. Just last month a water filtering system we purchased from them (almost) 3 years ago was replaced by them - cost-ftree - although within 4 days of the end of warrenty. NO questions asked. Just did it.

A follow up call rec'd tonight from BKK H/O re the above to establish all resolved, everyone happy. They know our contact info via the Shoppers Card which I can also endorse as a BIG saver. Even on certain specials, eg; a mattress purchase, we got an extra 5% off. It cost 8,000 Bt and 2 years on is so comfy we want another for guest room. My wife googled the brand/model to find it is same as supplied to many top hotels.

• 3 weeks later...

Building a new plaza and super homepro right next door to our estate on the 121 in Sansai. Opens in September apparently and will be a 2 minute walk for me. Will be able to take the missus for a day out in a mans store instead walking around womens clothing shops for 8 hours.

• 3 months later...

I went to home pro just to see what they had. I've been here for 1 month and I'm getting to move in my apartment. The rug I spotted was not in stock so I offered A floor model sale. The sales lady laughed when I explained what it meant and the manager laughed when I said what it was about. At any rate I walked out with two rugs at half price. I'm sure they were thinking Farang ba.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In Samui island the stuff was very sceptical , and English bad, forces me to leave my bags outside!

At stuff counter

One week later I visit same shop again, but this time with my bags together inside the shop , only 1 minute later a stuff member follow me all the time , and thinking I could put something in my bag without paying!

This never happen to me in any other store in Thailand !

Coz of this episodes I will never visit home pro again!

Had a few 1000 baht RCD breakers fail in our electrical panel shortly after we built our new home and Home Pro was great about replacing the units. Just showed them the receipt and told them the issue, and they had new units in my hands in less than five minutes. Not many places in Thailand can compare to that level of customer service.

I'm happy with Baan and Beyond, and for a 70cm wide shade, they even told me that HomePro had them , so they helped me finish a project, they didn't lose a sale because they didn't have it, and it just showed an honest attitude. All the big retailers seem to have bait and switch squads to tell you the one on sale is no good. I went through that with a new lock...the "good" one was 400; I bought one for 109 and it works great. I'm sticking with Siam TV for appliances....they play their games, but once you get them figure out; it's very hard to beat them. Big C, Tesco will tempt you with some pretty good prices, but they will often be older models. Siam has a large service center, too.

I agree with the other poster about Home Depot....you could literally build a whole house with all materials purchased at one store. Great internet shopping, with free delivery to store, and you can retrieve your receipts online for years, which is great for warranty and tax purposes.

I was very (happily) surprised with Bed, Bath and Beyond (oops that's the name of the store that copied Baan and Beyond's name tongue.png ). The staff was not only pleasent but when I asked for anti slip tape, a product I never thought they'd have heard of never the less carry, I was lead directly to a few different kinds incl a good 3M imported product. When the guy selling stoves couldn't answer my question he didn't just shrug and say "I don't know" but looked at the literature and showed me! Are things changing here? What a great store!

As for Siam TV I've bought many things there and a lot of the staff is pretty knowledgeable for here (but don't expect much from the computer IT guys) but when I brought my Samsung 55" that was out of warrantee they wanted 2000 bht just to look at it. Took it to Samsung service on moat and they fixed it, just needed cleaning inside, for free.

As for Global I go there as they have what I need but last time I actually counted 60 employees!!! Not only a language things as my Thai GF asked if they carried something and the staff member who covered that isle just started looking as she has never even walked down to look what they sold in her section.

Homemall (or @Home as I call it as their logo is so confusing looking) as it's close to me use to have terrible staff but definately getting better but the English girls behind the desk have always been nice and helpful.

Edited by junglechef

• 10 months later...

I recently bought an air-conditioner at the Homepro located in the Big C mall on the Super Hwy.

The sales tag stated a 3% discount for the product. When paying for the product at the till we were told we only get the 3% discount if we use a credit card. I asked them if I pay in cash will I get a discount and they said no again. This is confusing because as far as I know when a customer uses a credit card there is a charge for using this service payable by the business accepting the credit card. So why would they offer a discount to the customer if it is going to cost them money?

I then pulled out a 5% discount card I had received when I bought a house from Land & House good for any purchases made at HomePro. I was then told I couldn't use this card on any products that already are discounted. Since I didn't receive the discount how could they not honor the card?

I did a price comparison with 2 other companies before deciding to buy from HomePro and my decision was not based entirely on the price but also on the features and quality of the air conditioner but I did take into consideration the 3% discount which I ended up not getting. At this point I decided to just go ahead with my purchase as I didn't want to run around comparing features and prices all over again.

All in all I am very disappointed with HomePro and in the future I will not shop there again unless I have to.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the rationale behind this pricing decision?

I recently bought an air-conditioner at the Homepro located in the Big C mall on the Super Hwy.

The sales tag stated a 3% discount for the product. When paying for the product at the till we were told we only get the 3% discount if we use a credit card. I asked them if I pay in cash will I get a discount and they said no again. This is confusing because as far as I know when a customer uses a credit card there is a charge for using this service payable by the business accepting the credit card. So why would they offer a discount to the customer if it is going to cost them money?

I then pulled out a 5% discount card I had received when I bought a house from Land & House good for any purchases made at HomePro. I was then told I couldn't use this card on any products that already are discounted. Since I didn't receive the discount how could they not honor the card?

I did a price comparison with 2 other companies before deciding to buy from HomePro and my decision was not based entirely on the price but also on the features and quality of the air conditioner but I did take into consideration the 3% discount which I ended up not getting. At this point I decided to just go ahead with my purchase as I didn't want to run around comparing features and prices all over again.

All in all I am very disappointed with HomePro and in the future I will not shop there again unless I have to.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the rationale behind this pricing decision?

At HomePro there is no extra charge using local or oversea credit cards.....many establishments promote the use of certain bank credit cards with a discount..but not for all credit cards...