Ukrainian expat dies after fight with girlfriend in Phuket

webfact

Ukrainian expat dies after fight with girlfriend in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Ukrainian expat, named as Oler Volkov, 27, was found dead after falling from the fourth floor of Phanason Green Place condo around 1am yesterday (February 23) after having a fight with his girlfriend.

Police said that before the incident, Mr Volkov had gone out and returned home around midnight. Not long after, the security guard heard the couple arguing loudly in their room, and then heard something heavy fall to the ground.

He went to check and found Mr Volkov dead on the ground outside, with a broken neck, two broken arms and a broken ankle.

Police believe Mr Volkov either decided to jump off the balcony or accidentally fell down.

Police are interviewing the girlfriend to try and work out what happened.

His body has been taken to Vachira Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ukrainian-expat-dies-after-fight-with-girlfriend-in-phuket-44764.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-02-24

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mwahahaha sure when you hear a couple argue and fight and later on u c a body of one of them smashed on the ground. ... well most certainly it's because that person willingly jumped to his death , that's because he couldn't argue with his girlfriend anymore!!!! Duuuuuh

Police believe Mr Volkov either decided to jump off the balcony or accidentally fell down.

Police are interviewing the girlfriend to try and work out what happened.

Really??? Accidently fell down has to be obvious

Are all the accidental deaths and farang suicide ever followed up

His body has been taken to Vachira Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ukrainian-expat-dies-after-fight-with-girlfriend-in-phuket-44764.php

tpn.jpg

-- Phuket News 2014-02-24

It's better take walk to cool down the anger rather then taking own life, for those who have money problems stay in temple or became monk forshort period of times and the desire to die will vanish in few days. Don't be stupid to commit suicide .

• Like 2

So you all think that the women of Phuket are so amazingly strong that they can hurl their boyfriends over the balcony. Most Thai women I've come across just wouldn't have the strength to do that.

The naivety of many of you make me laugh though.

there could have been 3 (or more) involved. n'est ce pas?

• Like 1

Lets face it every time their is a fatality from an upper floor of a condominium their always seems to be either a wife, or girl friend that is also in the room when the incident happens.

The police need to smarten up and investigate these incidents completely.

and possibly others to assist the g/f or wife. there seems to be a pattern evolving here.

• Like 1

So you all think that the women of Phuket are so amazingly strong that they can hurl their boyfriends over the balcony. Most Thai women I've come across just wouldn't have the strength to do that.

Agree with you.

In their defense though, apparently the girlfriend was also Ukrainian.

there could have been 3 (or more) involved. n'est ce pas?

Take a stroll down Pattaya Beach Road and rub shoulders (or what not) with female multiple murderers.

• Like 1

Ukrainian expat falls to death from Phuket condo balcony
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_2014224132334742_fiHqYMLJcINd
Mr Volkov allegedly tried to climb from the fifth floor to the fourth floor to access his room. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A 27-year-old Ukrainian man died early yesterday morning after attempting to climb from a fifth-floor balcony of a Phuket Town condo to his home on the fourth floor.

Phuket City Police were notified of the incident by the building’s security guard at 1:10am and rushed to the scene with Kusoldharm Rescue workers.

“We found the body of Oler Volkov on the ground outside Phanason Green Place Condo in Rassada with a broken neck, ankle and broken arms,” Kraisorn Park-Aree of the Phuket City Police said.

Eyewitnesses informed police that Mr Volkov lived on the fourth floor with his Thai girlfriend. The couple allegedly went out yesterday evening to drink with friends on the ground floor. When Mr Volkov returned to the room, he found that his keys were locked inside, Lt Kraisorn explained.

“We checked CCTV footage, which showed Mr Volkov returning to the room at 1am. However, he was unable to open the door,” Phuket City Police Superintendent Sermphan Sirikong said.

“Mr Volkov accessed a room on the fifth floor to climb down to his balcony on the fourth floor. While he was climbing down, he lost control and fell to the ground,” Col Sermphan said.

The body was found with a mobile phone and a knife, Lt Kraisorn added.

Mr Volkov’s body was transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Police are continuing to investigate the details of the incident.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Ukrainian-expat-falls-to-death-from-Phuket-condo-balcony-25674.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-02-24

Possibly so drunk he never considered getting the spare key from management, or even kicking the door in and repairing it the next day, or even staying in a cheap room for the night and organising a locksmith the next day. .

Senseless waste of life.

RIP.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Possibly so drunk he never considered getting the spare key from management, or even kicking the door in and repairing it the next day, or even staying in a cheap room for the night and organising a locksmith the next day. .

Senseless waste of life.

RIP.

Exactly! I live at this building and there is a full time front door security guard that would have surely assisted him getting into his room.

My room is on the backside of the building and I was completely unaware of this incident until now!

Edited by BKS22

And the naivety of one that thinks a woman cannot push a man is even more laughable.

• Like 2

There have been 9 deaths due to "people either accidentally or suicidal jumping from balconies here in Thailand over the last year or so

Population of Thailand is approximately 66 million people

There where 8 deaths linked to balconies in the United States in the last year

Population is approximately 315 million

Think about it what are the numbers telling you . Accidental ??????