Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe celebrates 90th birthday

webfact

Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe celebrates 90th birthday
Reagan Mashavave

Marondera, Zimbabwe: Thousands of people have turned out to celebrate the birthday of Zimbabwe's veteran President Robert Mugabe, who threw 90 balloons into the air to mark his 90th year and continuing hold on power.

Fresh off the plane from Singapore, where he had travelled for eye surgery last week, Mr Mugabe was in typically defiant mood as he launched his birthday celebrations at Marondera stadium, east of the capital Harare.

"I feel as youthful and energetic as a boy of nine," Mr Mugabe said before cutting his cake.

Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe and his wife Grace wave to supporters and guests during celebrations to mark his 90th birthday.

Dressed in a black suit, red tie and white shirt, he moved around the venue on the back of a truck waving his fist to a crowd made up largely of school children bussed in for the occasion.

In a speech that lasted more than an hour, Mr Mugabe told the crowd that his ZANU-PF party's election win last year had confounded his critics in the West.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au/world/zimbabwes-robert-mugabe-celebrates-90th-birthday-20140224-hvdm2.html

smh.jpg
-- Sydney Morning Herald 2014-2-24

I never thought that I was a racist until I saw and heard this man in action over three decades ago. I did not disagee with some of his policies but the way he put them into action was despicable. As the critics say, he took Zimbabwe from being the bread basket of Africa to the basket case of Africa.

• Like 2

My cousin was a British Airways 1st class flight attendant back in the 80s on long haul, I remember her telling me once of all the famous people she had met in her line of work in the first class cabins on numerous flights, she said the nicest person she ever met was Maggies right hand man - Norman Tebbits wife (this woman was blown up in the IRA Brighton bombing of the Tory parties hotel) she met her on a flight after this , the lady was in a wheel chair but she said was a real nice lady.

The most Horrible, Racist bastard she ever met was this piece of no good shit, The cabin crew were schooled in the correct etiquette of various countries and cultures but they (white crew) were not to serve him directly but pass to one of his own black servants first so as not to offend the wicked evil cretin. if there is justice then this fooker will get his one day!

My cousin was a British Airways 1st class flight attendant back in the 80s on long haul, I remember her telling me once of all the famous people she had met in her line of work in the first class cabins on numerous flights, she said the nicest person she ever met was Maggies right hand man - Norman Tebbits wife (this woman was blown up in the IRA Brighton bombing of the Tory parties hotel) she met her on a flight after this , the lady was in a wheel chair but she said was a real nice lady.

The most Horrible, Racist bastard she ever met was this piece of no good shit, The cabin crew were schooled in the correct etiquette of various countries and cultures but they (white crew) were not to serve him directly but pass to one of his own black servants first so as not to offend the wicked evil cretin. if there is justice then this fooker will get his one day!

And old friend of mine, sadly no longer with us, who was an Ex-Rhodesian, said one of his regrets in life was not putting a bullet in Uncle Bob's head when he had the chance many moons ago..

It won't matter how long he lives regarding the future of Zimbabwe, it is the Shona (cattle) a vast majority v. the Matabele (Zulus), and the general kleptocracy of Black leaders in Africa. Mugabe is in good company

BTW I lived there during his rule

<deleted>?

I didn't realise that maggots could live 90 years......Mugabe is living proof. He has survived about 32,850 days too long.

You forgot the leap days buddy. tongue.png

Yes and there was about 23 of them. I forget all sorts of things you know.

• Like 2

Isn't it funny how the West feels a moral obligation to free people from evil despots that rule oil rich countries like Saddam and Gadaffi etc yet has allowed this most evil of men to rape and pillage his country for his own greed and even fawned over him. sad.png

You sometimes have to wonder at what type of world we live in wub.png