Thai debt

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BiB = boys in blue = police. Won't do any good.

It's hard to believe you stay in Thailand and think the police dress in blue.

Boys in blue is a common expression to mean the police. Regardless of which country. Sure, it's brown for Thailand, but "boys in blue" still means "police", which was the answer to the question.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Boys in blue is a common expression to mean the police. Regardless of which country. Sure, it's brown for Thailand, but "boys in blue" still means "police", which was the answer to the question.

in Germany the "police boys" wear green and any reference to the ones in blue would be a reference to the Navy. "regardless" does therefore not apply.

I've known this woman many years,shes a hotel manageress and i've no doubt the situation is real....my question is she liable for crimal actions from the authorities,is there such a thing as a debtors prison in thailand,etc

Also are their any institutions in thailand that can give advice to thais in this situation as i am in greece and for the first time in many years wont be visiting thailand this year and indeed she knows i have limited means and there would be no point asking my for financial help

If she's a hotel manageress, then surely she has more connections than you in Thailand. All she has to do is ask around her friends for advice. Why is she asking a farang who's in Greece what happens in Thailand. She's lived here all her life. It just seems odd that she's asking you. Tell her you don't know the answer. Tell her to ask some Thai people.

in Germany the "police boys" wear green and any reference to the ones in blue would be a reference to the Navy. "regardless" does therefore not apply.

The German police can wear pink if they want, it changes nothing here. We're speaking English and "boys in blue" is a common expression amongst native English speakers meaning "police". The answer to the question, "What is BIB?" is "police", or ("boys in blue").

Edited by Seastallion

The German police can wear pink if they want, it changes nothing here. We're speaking English and "boys in blue" is a common expression amongst native English speakers meaning "police". The answer to the question, "What is BIB?" is "police", or ("boys in blue").

yeah right!

Regardless of which country.

any additional ridiculous comments?

I thought it was BiTBT - Boys in Tight Brown Trousers..!

Loan sharks (motorbikes) in my local village offer 20% per day... i.e Borrow 5k, pay back 1000 every day until the entire debt can be re-paid (no part payments). That's a whopping 7,300% APR (or more if it were allowed to accumulate, which would very soon result in a knee-capping!!).

Few warning signs for the OP .

Banks or finance company's do not hint police involvement

Loan sharks most certainly do not hint police involvement

Perhaps loan from a friend or relative or just a scam

I think whoisyourdaddy just hit the nail on the head.....

fyi for those interested, loan sharks on sums of a million baht get 5% per month interest payment or 60% per year.

I've heard of "boys in blue" back home, but never the abbreviation.

I've only seen the abbreviation BiB in Thailand, and learned very early on that it means "boys in brown" which of course is funny since they are so funny looking in their tighties.

Anyway now you know - do you actually live here?