I Am Crazy In Love And So So Scare.........thailand

golden gate

Ah what the hel_l man, marry her! Life is about taking risks, you're not really living unless you take the bull by the horns.

Listen to the words of advice on this thread from people who are far wiser and more experienced than I. The general theme is don't pay a huge dowry, make it clear as best you can that you are not a gravy train, and limit any payments you make out to a level that won't hurt when you loose it. If you can do that, then marry her.

If she leaves you after a year, then so what? Surely it is better to have loved and lost? Ask yourself this. If you don't get married will you spend the rest of your days regretting it? Sometimes you just have to go for it and ignore everyone else. I guarantee that you will make major mistakes in life (I do it all the time) but at least you can say that you chose to make those mistakes. It means you are in control of your life. If you let others persuade you out of what you really want in life then you will end up bitter in later years and seek to blame them.

So, forget asking others for advice, follow the path you choose for yourself. Yes its crazy wanting to marry a girl 30 years your junior. Yes everyone will laugh (and some men will probably secretly go green with envy). Yes it is most likely doomed from the outset. Yes you will almost certainly get burned and end up a crushed shadow of your former self. But hey, isn't that better than living a 'safe' unadventurous life? I've been shot down in flames more times than the Iraqi Airforce, but boy do I have some stories to tell. I suggest you carry an extinguisher with you at all times!

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Good post. I'd just ad, buy some emotional insurance so you don't fall apart when the almost inevitable happens. But be sure to enjoy the ride, what more can you ask from life than that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask yourself whats the guy going to regret losing most of all?

His woman or his accumulated wealth? Which as we all know tends to happen to the unwary here.

Its always easy to give casual advice like 'go for it' when its someone elses money at stake. Would you do the same?

At the end of the day if you're willing to drop the lot on a 10 day fancy then go for it.

Its always easy to give casual advice like 'go for it' when its someone elses money at stake. Would you do the same?

In response...

I would and I have. That is why I have no money but one hel_l of a life story to tell! I've adopted the 'go for it' philosophy in my life, it makes me seem like a leaf in the wind sometimes but I can honestly say, hand on heart I have had a fantastic life because of it.

I know I'm strong enough to pick myself up and soldier on. Big question is, can our PM do it?

In my younger days I "WENT for it". After tucking my tail between my legs and having to go back to work a couple of times I got over that. At this point in my life there is no making it back so I have to be careful of what little I do have. I have to admit the going for it was fun. :o

In my younger days I "WENT for it". After tucking my tail between my legs and having to go back to work a couple of times I got over that. At this point in my life there is no making it back so I have to be careful of what little I do have. I have to admit the going for it was fun. :D

Very true.

I guess I am still young enough to not worry about the consequences to myself of my actions. Although I must say, as we get older we do fear loosing what we have. There seems to be somekind of slow metamorphosis that happens in our minds. We slowly shift from 'owning things' to being 'owned by things'.

I have seen a lot of tragedy in my short life. The one thing I have never seen is a pocket in a shroud. As one wise person said "He who dies with the most toys is still dead!"

It's not the acquiring of toys that is so much fun, its the playing with them..... :o

All the best to you Gary A.

Ah what the hel_l man, marry her! Life is about taking risks, you're not really living unless you take the bull by the horns.

Listen to the words of advice on this thread from people who are far wiser and more experienced than I. The general theme is don't pay a huge dowry, make it clear as best you can that you are not a gravy train, and limit any payments you make out to a level that won't hurt when you loose it. If you can do that, then marry her.

If she leaves you after a year, then so what? Surely it is better to have loved and lost? Ask yourself this. If you don't get married will you spend the rest of your days regretting it? Sometimes you just have to go for it and ignore everyone else. I guarantee that you will make major mistakes in life (I do it all the time) but at least you can say that you chose to make those mistakes. It means you are in control of your life. If you let others persuade you out of what you really want in life then you will end up bitter in later years and seek to blame them.

So, forget asking others for advice, follow the path you choose for yourself. Yes its crazy wanting to marry a girl 30 years your junior. Yes everyone will laugh (and some men will probably secretly go green with envy). Yes it is most likely doomed from the outset. Yes you will almost certainly get burned and end up a crushed shadow of your former self. But hey, isn't that better than living a 'safe' unadventurous life? I've been shot down in flames more times than the Iraqi Airforce, but boy do I have some stories to tell. I suggest you carry an extinguisher with you at all times!

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

I couldn't agree more...

Do you think a girl who 30 years your junior will genuinely enjoy living with you? You may only want to have some joy in your life by having much younger wife, but sure the girl would desperatly want to be living with someone her age. Can you stand that feeling?

A guy that I used to go to the baan soew and go-go bars with almost every day back in the good old days fell in love with one of my best employees at the time. Her English was great and she is a very hard worker who had been around the farang scene for several years without falling for any of her many suitors. He was 70 and she was 20.

They have been married 7 or 8 years now and both seem quite happy even though he doesn't have tons of money and she has to work to make ends meet. He doesn't fool around and neither does she. Both work and keep busy.

All the old farts envy him as she has gone on to make quite a bit of money as a manager for a big company from abroad. She could easily support herself and her family, but she remains quite committed to her husband.

Sometimes love isn't about age. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I just met a nice girl in Udon thani for 10 days ,and I am in love with her even though she is 30 Yrs younger than me. I would love to marry her but a bit scare pls tell me about your exp. I am staying at Silver Reef B&B (udon ) until end of JULY....................... new kid on the block.

What a great first post!! :o

3 pages of replies and still going. :D No further input .... yet.

TROLL

I am totally perplexed... why do older men (supposedly wiser men) completely lose their balls when they come to this country?

:D

I JUST DON"T GET IT!

:DWell, Khall....have a look here....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ic=66257&st=270

But, I agree: the OP said it right: "I'm in love" and that's something completely different than loving someone or even marrying someone (after knowing her for 10 days) :o

LaoPo

Thanks for enlightening me LaoPo.... geez, those Udon farm girls sure are glamorous! :D

I just met a nice girl in Udon thani for 10 days ,and I am in love with her even though she is 30 Yrs younger than me. I would love to marry her but a bit scare pls tell me about your exp. I am staying at Silver Reef B&B (udon ) until end of JULY....................... new kid on the block.

How on earth can so many posters give the above drivel seemingly serious replies? :D

Troll fetish? Cerebral paraplegia?

Get a grip people... :o

A guy that I used to go to the baan soew and go-go bars with almost every day back in the good old days fell in love with one of my best employees at the time. Her English was great and she is a very hard worker who had been around the farang scene for several years without falling for any of her many suitors. He was 70 and she was 20.

They have been married 7 or 8 years now and both seem quite happy even though he doesn't have tons of money and she has to work to make ends meet. He doesn't fool around and neither does she. Both work and keep busy.

All the old farts envy him as she has gone on to make quite a bit of money as a manager for a big company from abroad. She could easily support herself and her family, but she remains quite committed to her husband.

A very rare case and one which I suspect involves the fact that she won't exactly be struggling for money when he shuffles off his mortal coil!

Never underestimate the thais for patience.

How on earth can so many posters give the above drivel seemingly serious replies? :D

Troll fetish? Cerebral paraplegia?

Get a grip people... :D

Boredom :o

GOLDEN GATE The OP...... :o

Member Group: Members

Active Stats

User's local time 2006-05-30 23:15:01

Total Cumulative Posts 1

( 0.9 posts per day / 0.00% of total forum posts )

Most active in General topics

( 1 posts / 100% of this member's active posts )

Last Active Yesterday, 2006-05-29 22:01:03

Status (Offline)

LaoPo

A very rare case and one which I suspect involves the fact that she won't exactly be struggling for money when he shuffles off his mortal coil!

Never underestimate the thais for patience.

Really?

Usually, the stereotype is that they all live for today and never plan for the future.

She doesn't sound any different than a good farang wife, does she? :D

• Like 1

Troll post, obviously. :D

And lots of members who are bored, feeding the troll.

"I Am Crazy In Love And So So Scare" ?

Reading that and the OP, I suspect the originator may actually be Thai.

But what the hey, it's the end of the month, feed away........ :o

aya,

My son, here's a quick lesson.... 30 years difference + farang = she is not interested in your blue eyes....

Next step, you will buy property under her name (since you can not buy property as neing a farang)

You will buy a motorcycle, or a car, under her name as well.....

USE YOUR BRAIN.... THE FIRST ONE NOT THE SECOND ONE.......

:o

30 years is not too much.

It is just a matter of how old she is not you.

If she has kids no need to marry.

If she does not have kids, abd she is 28 or older take it slow and get out without wasting too much of her time as she will want a family. Look for someone around 22 and start ending it when she is about 27 so she can go off and have a Thai family and live happily ever after.

Marrying is pointless as the traditional reasons to marry (if there are any) do not exist in Thailand.

30 years is not too much.

It is just a matter of how old she is not you.

If she has kids no need to marry.

If she does not have kids, abd she is 28 or older take it slow and get out without wasting too much of her time as she will want a family. Look for someone around 22 and start ending it when she is about 27 so she can go off and have a Thai family and live happily ever after.

Marrying is pointless as the traditional reasons to marry (if there are any) do not exist in Thailand.

Good Luck... I think your going to need it...

Are you really in love with her and she is in fact in love with you ??? Then what is the hurry ???

SLOW IT WAY DOWN !!

Start thinking with the head on your shoulders!

I think you should date for a while and if after a 5-6 month period every thing is still going good, then maybe move in together for a year or two.

And are you only in Thailand for a little while or are you going to leave the country to go back home????

Then, give her a few bucks to mail you letters until you can get back in country.

My suggestion is "DON'T GET MARRIED" :o